Post by motofox » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:49 pm

Hi new opencart user here - having a bit of trouble as im wanting the theme that is on the demo page with the smallish blue buy buttons and not big bounding boxes around the products which appears on the opencart v2 installation ive just done.. is it possible to get get this older theme installed as opencart v2 has a default theme i dont much like and want the smaller product items which i think must be in older version ?

Post by aljawaid » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:45 am

Hello

Why not use the current default theme and amend it to your own liking? It is not as hard as you may think once you get into it.

:)

Total e-commerce newbie bravely testing OC v2.0.3.1 before rolling it live...getting there slowly, somehow. Maybe not. I dunno.

Location - UK

Post by motofox » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:16 am

give me a clue then how to do it ? i just want the opencart 1.5 add to cart buttons - the ones i have in oc 2 are on my main front page are huge and have big square bounding boxes around each product.... is it easy to do ?

Post by aljawaid » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:24 am

Hello, I am new to developing.

It is not as hard as it seems once you know how it all works, but you don't get to learn that overnight either I found.

The text and colours, layout etc are all in the stylesheet.css - I use Sublime Editor to open them and amend them, find it quite easy that way.

The buttons also have settings in the same file, but I don't know whether it would be the only place for the button settings. Through the CSS file, I managed to changed the highlight (hover) and colour of the buttons so that is deffo in there. The size of the buttons I am not sure.

My biggest tip that I learnt is that if you duplicate the style sheet and put it in a new theme folder and select that theme in your admin panel....OC will use that first and anything missing will be used from the default theme...trust me it helps to work like that lol

Total e-commerce newbie bravely testing OC v2.0.3.1 before rolling it live...getting there slowly, somehow. Maybe not. I dunno.

Location - UK