Post by toad78 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:51 am

I'm having trouble configuring OC correctly to have my dates post in United States dates instead of European.

Orders that are taken, for example, November 12, 2014 are posting 12/11/2014. This is, obviously, unacceptable. These dates are posting not only in the Admin area but also on invoices and receipts sent to customers.

I need to change this ASAP because this site is live and customers are confused with the posting of the dates.

I've already modified the admin 'product' file and the 'product.tpl' in the catalog folder but the dates still display the same way. I've already checked my language files and they are for English. Do I have to wait for new orders to come through to see if the dates are modified? How can I change the way they look now without editing the database?

I've also implemented an .xml/vqmod file called "US_Dates.xml" that I found from a 2012 post, which didn't make a difference.

What else can I do?

Thank you.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:30 am

Post by cwswebdesign » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:52 am

admin/language/default.php and catalog/language/default.php are the two files you need to change from d/m/Y to m/d/Y

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:26 am
Location - USA

Post by toad78 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:58 am

Thank you, cwswebdesign. Following your instructions, there is no 'default.php' file under admin/language/default.php

There is an admin/language/english/english.php file, which had already been changed to the correct parameter prior to my posting my issue.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:30 am

Post by cwswebdesign » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:20 am

toad78 wrote:Thank you, cwswebdesign. Following your instructions, there is no 'default.php' file under admin/language/default.php

There is an admin/language/english/english.php file, which had already been changed to the correct parameter prior to my posting my issue.
admin/language/english/english.php is the one you want to change. You didn't state which version you're using and this file named changed in v2.0 (which is the one I gave you).

So the 2nd one is catalog/language/english/english.php

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:26 am
Location - USA
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 17 guests