Post by racer7117 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:55 am

Hello,

Just upgraded from 1.5.6.4 to 2.3.0.2 using the stock upgrade script.

I don't have openbay installed.

Followed the process listed here... viewtopic.php?f=181&t=163546&start=20

Everything completes with no errors during upgrading/patching....but still get this error on both the frontend and admin pages....
Fatal error: Class '\openbay\Openbay' not found in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/XXXXXXXX.com/shop_OC23/system/library/openbay.php on line 15

I've search through:
1. the forums here
2. Github
3. g00gle

The only real clue is a reference to some missing css class.... have no idea where to go with this.

Also if anyone has a list of things to remove to get rid of openbay completely that too would would work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post by racer7117 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:21 am

So I fixed this problem myself after nearly 5 days going back and forth with the Openbay devs. Nothing they suggested worked. Even gave them ftp access to help diagnose the issue.

From what they said the Openbay files didn't get updated during the running of the OC update script(finger pointing). So...we updated the files, no change, even re-ran the install with the new files in place...error still there.

So I solved this by removing all the Openbay php files and code references....and wha la, my site is running perfectly now! Thanks me!

I don't have the means to write a script to do this quicker but maybe something I look into after this experience...or if someone else can write one it would be appreciated.

Post by ocdev » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:45 am

I am having this same problem after running the upgrade from V1.5.6 to v2.3.0.2 - anyone find the solution?

Location - Texas

Post by ocdev » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:52 am

if i comment out
// OpenBay Pro
// $this->registry->set('openbay', new Openbay($this->registry));

in /admin/controller/startup/startup.php
I can get the admin control panel to operate.
I tried to comment out /catalog/controller/startup/startup.php
the same code but does not allow the front end catalog to show - still get openbay errors.
I did have openbaypro running in my v1.5.6 at one time, but no longer need it - maybe there is a database flag set somewhere......
:-\

Location - Texas

Post by ocdev » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:21 am

Ok, I got a fix.
Log into admin, find Openbay extension, enable/install it. I noticed that amazonus was active, probably from my previous install. Turned it off then uninstalled the Openbay extension - front page gave a new error about >> Could not load model total! <<

deleted the old directories from previous installs as indicated in this thread:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=191&t=166012

Front page loaded without error....not sure which one of these fixed which error but it is working now....

Location - Texas

Post by somjai007 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Have the same problem

gclub

Post by ocdev » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:22 am

I started over again with my database export (actually copy with mysqladmin) and before I did this disabled the openbay extension in v1.5.6 and upon running the upgrade - did not see this error, so if you have that option give it a try.

Location - Texas

Post by racer7117 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:56 am

Hey all, I just implemented my 2.3.0.2 site and had to run through this again just yesterday with the upgrade from a 1.5.6.4 store.

I removed all the openbay files(mainly out of spite).... it was still giving me a white page on the main page. I checked the error.txt file and saw that it was still an Openbay problem. On the admin side, If you delete all the openbay files and then the reference in the \admin\controller\startup\startup.php file, the admin comes up.

Seems that the script is still looking for the openbay files in the old locations.

The last piece of the puzzle was finding the reference in the "autoloader". It ends up being located here:
\system\config\catalog.php its just hanging in the breeze like this:

// Autoload Libraries
$_['library_autoload'] = array(
'openbay'
);

comment it out or just delete it like I did and get your site back to work again.

Hope this helps. Never did get a straight answer out of the openbay devs.

Post by Tee.Mothiba » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:45 am

Had the exact issue with order history populating an error. Removing all instances of openbay files resolved the issue for me