Post by DevonFox » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:49 pm

Hi I received a order at 0200 this morning for £61 but the email from Paypal is to the wrong email address (missing one character) and only shows a penny. I'm sure the Paypal email is a scam as it is only in plain text unlike others I've received which have paypal logo etc.
My question is though, how come my opencart shows the items paid for and invoice pending.

Using Version 3.0.3.2 and Paypal standard

Tony

Post by Johnathan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:31 pm

PayPal Standard uses HTML elements to pass the information from OpenCart to PayPal. Tech-savvy customers can edit those values to change the order amount, and it will still go through on the OpenCart end. This is unfortunately not preventable in the normal PayPal Standard code.

However, the payment mismatch should assign the order the default order status, instead of the normal "Completed" order status, which you can use to review the payment. Make sure you set OpenCart in System > Settings to have a noticeable order status (like "Needs Review") for that situation. Another option would be to use an extension like Braintree Payment Gateway for PayPal, which shouldn't let this happen.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by reactivem » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:36 pm

Same issue happened to me few days ago. As Jonathan mentioned, you should review all orders paid with Paypal.

Lefteris
--
Check out my free module CoreAdmin for Opencart