Post by pipoy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:03 pm

Ok so 8 months ago I migrated to fastcomet.

I would have to say they are great compared to all 3 hostings that I only experience

There respond time is just seconds to none which is my favorite.

But they are beginning to bug me.
For a few weeks now, I am getting reports from my customers that they cannot access my website
Every week I open a ticket to fastcomet and give them the customer IP because they are blocked because of malicious intrusions coming from their IP due to a malware
It's becoming very common now from different customers. And these customers are legit customers. Not hackers.

I opened the concern to fastcomet and they said that all reports are very unlikely to be false positive and advising my customers to check their local machines. Of course being store owner, we dont say that to customers.

I understand that security is all that important. But I am beginning to think that other hostings have more advance security protocol that dont need to greylist the IP addresses.

So may I ask what are you recommendations?

Maybe its time to explore other hostings and I am thinking A2 hosting.

Post by pipoy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:15 pm

Any idea?

Post by OpenCustomer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:57 pm

Hi, I am also about to switch my hosting company, so now looking for a better one.

Are you still with the FastComet and how it is going? I'm a little confused about them.

Thanks

Post by pipoy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:06 pm

OpenCustomer wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:57 pm
Hi, I am also about to switch my hosting company, so now looking for a better one.

Are you still with the FastComet and how it is going? I'm a little confused about them.

Thanks
Hi. I few days later after opening this thread, I acquired a VPS server. Now I am using an unmanaged server. I am managing it all my own. No need for any support. And I know everything that is happening on my server.

Providers I use are Digital Ocean and Vultr.

Post by OpenCustomer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:24 pm

Good for you. I'm not that capable to run my own server. I need to find a reliable host :)

Thank you for your quick response.

Post by Mowico » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 pm

We are using FastComet for a year now, and so far we are happy!

Post by OSWorX » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:54 pm

pipoy wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:06 pm
.. I acquired a VPS server. Now I am using an unmanaged server. I am managing it all my own. No need for any support. And I know everything that is happening on my server.
Just 1 question: to you operate a Webstore, or are you a server admin with all the knowledge about security?
Let me assume .. guess not.

For 99,99% of all users (Webstore Owners) it is better to pay a bit more and let such experiments.
The security of your customers should have priority!

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria