Post by frankleng » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:21 pm

Today, my domain was hijacked. When i input my domain with www, it goes to a different website about construction, houses. without "www", i can open my site.
The work i did this morning is I changed DNS service to local.
Afterwards, I found threads saying it's IP hijacking, to redirect your ip to their domains.
I tried several types of codes on htaccess, no one work.
frustrating. Finally, my luck is back. I found one thread and codes to kick that domain out of my dedicated IP.

This is a reminder for those who has not make relative settings in your htaccess. Otherwise, if this happens on you.
Your store can not be visited normally. Better prevention than rescuing.

www.tayoutec.com

Post by cwswebdesign » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:07 pm

frankleng wrote:Today, my domain was hijacked. When i input my domain with www, it goes to a different website about construction, houses. without "www", i can open my site.
The work i did this morning is I changed DNS service to local.
Afterwards, I found threads saying it's IP hijacking, to redirect your ip to their domains.
I tried several types of codes on htaccess, no one work.
frustrating. Finally, my luck is back. I found one thread and codes to kick that domain out of my dedicated IP.

This is a reminder for those who has not make relative settings in your htaccess. Otherwise, if this happens on you.
Your store can not be visited normally. Better prevention than rescuing.
Is your domain locked with the registrar? This could be the simple solution -- lock it up.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by frankleng » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:19 am

Is your domain locked with the registrar? This could be the simple solution -- lock it up.

DL
thanks. now, locked.

www.tayoutec.com

Post by cwswebdesign » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:35 pm

frankleng wrote:

DL
thanks. now, locked.
Check all of the domains that you have as well. This is somewhat of a common over sight that I see a lot with many people.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by lukerjbgv » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:14 pm

Oh so that's what domain locking is for. I just thought it was something you needed to get rid of in order to move the domain from one registrar to another. But I guess they're both related...

DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus