Post by gtrslngr777 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:52 am

I am setting up Opencart as follows:
1) Node 1 - nginx round robin loadbalancer
2) Node 2 - Opencart Apache Instance 1
3) Node 3 - Opencart Apache Instance 2
4) Node 4 - Master Mysql Server
5) Node 5 - Slave Mysql Server

So on Node 2 and Node3, I have updated the config.php files to ensure the contact menu icons appear properly. When accessing these instances directly, the page icons display just fine on both nodes.

If I access the load balancer first, the contact menu items do not display properly until I select an object on the page that pushes my request to either node 2 or node 3.

Two questions:
1) How do I setup the nginx load balancer to display the contact menu items properly when I am hitting Node 1? Node 1 does not host opencart at all. It is only a loadbalancer
2) Are there any other known issues I need to be aware of when using a separate load balancer node in front of the web servers?

Thoughts?

Post by straightlight » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:13 pm

gtrslngr777 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:52 am
I am setting up Opencart as follows:
1) Node 1 - nginx round robin loadbalancer
2) Node 2 - Opencart Apache Instance 1
3) Node 3 - Opencart Apache Instance 2
4) Node 4 - Master Mysql Server
5) Node 5 - Slave Mysql Server

So on Node 2 and Node3, I have updated the config.php files to ensure the contact menu icons appear properly. When accessing these instances directly, the page icons display just fine on both nodes.

If I access the load balancer first, the contact menu items do not display properly until I select an object on the page that pushes my request to either node 2 or node 3.

Two questions:
1) How do I setup the nginx load balancer to display the contact menu items properly when I am hitting Node 1? Node 1 does not host opencart at all. It is only a loadbalancer
2) Are there any other known issues I need to be aware of when using a separate load balancer node in front of the web servers?

Thoughts?
Better setup can be done via a Dedicated Managed Server. I would suggest to contact your host on that.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gtrslngr777 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:42 am

I would agree there is a better setup on a dedicated managed server. However, I would still like to know what to setup on the loadbalancer to make the contact images work. Everything works fine when hitting the webservers directly but not with a loadbalancer in front of it.

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:51 am

gtrslngr777 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:42 am
I would agree there is a better setup on a dedicated managed server. However, I would still like to know what to setup on the loadbalancer to make the contact images work. Everything works fine when hitting the webservers directly but not with a loadbalancer in front of it.
The best option would be to contact your host, in this case.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gtrslngr777 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:52 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:51 am
gtrslngr777 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:42 am
The best option would be to contact your host, in this case.
I am the host provider and want to know what needs to be configured to make the icons work on a load balancer. The web servers are fine but the load balancer doesn't have a config.php or opencart code. Hopefully someone knows what to do with this.

Post by gtrslngr777 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:44 am

I figured this out.

Post by OSWorX » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:25 pm

gtrslngr777 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:44 am
I figured this out.
Fine .. great news!
In the sense of a "Community Forum" and because you have started this thread, it would be also great when you share the solution.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by musclerush » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:51 am

Hi

I am having the same issue . Any chance you can share how did you manage loading the page through a load balancer?

Thank you

m

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:47 pm

There are loads of different load balancers out there. But in principle, it's all about setting up a proper session affinity.

To be honest, unless you have a high-volume traffic OpenCart site, it's probably not worth the trouble.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member