Post by gtrslngr777 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:52 am

I am setting up Opencart as follows:
1) Node 1 - nginx round robin loadbalancer
2) Node 2 - Opencart Apache Instance 1
3) Node 3 - Opencart Apache Instance 2
4) Node 4 - Master Mysql Server
5) Node 5 - Slave Mysql Server

So on Node 2 and Node3, I have updated the config.php files to ensure the contact menu icons appear properly. When accessing these instances directly, the page icons display just fine on both nodes.

If I access the load balancer first, the contact menu items do not display properly until I select an object on the page that pushes my request to either node 2 or node 3.

Two questions:
1) How do I setup the nginx load balancer to display the contact menu items properly when I am hitting Node 1? Node 1 does not host opencart at all. It is only a loadbalancer
2) Are there any other known issues I need to be aware of when using a separate load balancer node in front of the web servers?

Thoughts?

Post by straightlight » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:13 pm

gtrslngr777 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:52 am
I am setting up Opencart as follows:
1) Node 1 - nginx round robin loadbalancer
2) Node 2 - Opencart Apache Instance 1
3) Node 3 - Opencart Apache Instance 2
4) Node 4 - Master Mysql Server
5) Node 5 - Slave Mysql Server

So on Node 2 and Node3, I have updated the config.php files to ensure the contact menu icons appear properly. When accessing these instances directly, the page icons display just fine on both nodes.

If I access the load balancer first, the contact menu items do not display properly until I select an object on the page that pushes my request to either node 2 or node 3.

Two questions:
1) How do I setup the nginx load balancer to display the contact menu items properly when I am hitting Node 1? Node 1 does not host opencart at all. It is only a loadbalancer
2) Are there any other known issues I need to be aware of when using a separate load balancer node in front of the web servers?

Thoughts?
Better setup can be done via a Dedicated Managed Server. I would suggest to contact your host on that.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gtrslngr777 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:42 am

I would agree there is a better setup on a dedicated managed server. However, I would still like to know what to setup on the loadbalancer to make the contact images work. Everything works fine when hitting the webservers directly but not with a loadbalancer in front of it.

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:51 am

gtrslngr777 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:42 am
I would agree there is a better setup on a dedicated managed server. However, I would still like to know what to setup on the loadbalancer to make the contact images work. Everything works fine when hitting the webservers directly but not with a loadbalancer in front of it.
The best option would be to contact your host, in this case.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gtrslngr777 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:52 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:51 am
gtrslngr777 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:42 am
The best option would be to contact your host, in this case.
I am the host provider and want to know what needs to be configured to make the icons work on a load balancer. The web servers are fine but the load balancer doesn't have a config.php or opencart code. Hopefully someone knows what to do with this.

Post by gtrslngr777 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:44 am

I figured this out.

Post by OSWorX » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:25 pm

gtrslngr777 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:44 am
I figured this out.
Fine .. great news!
In the sense of a "Community Forum" and because you have started this thread, it would be also great when you share the solution.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria