A2 Hosting
33 posts Page 2 of 2
by paulfeakins » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:07 pm
OSWorX wrote: the UK voted a few days ago to leave the EU

rmullaney77 wrote: Buy me a cup of coffee... ;)

This would now cost us £50 :laugh:
For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk
by OSWorX » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:31 pm
rmullaney77 wrote: Also, as they are a customer so a post-sale follow-up is more like BACN as opposed to SPAM

No, even you are a customer and have bought some in the shop, he have to agree to recieve follow up emails.
Too many court decisions about that - just use your preferred search engine (while most of those articles will be in German, I am shure you will understand them ..).
There is a big difference of several laws between those countries/continents.
Image
by paulfeakins » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:38 pm
OSWorX wrote: No, even you are a customer and have bought some in the shop, he have to agree to recieve follow up emails. Too many court decisions about that

So how come Amazon and eBay send these all day long without getting in to trouble?
For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk
by OSWorX » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:56 pm
paulfeakins wrote:
OSWorX wrote: No, even you are a customer and have bought some in the shop, he have to agree to recieve follow up emails. Too many court decisions about that

So how come Amazon and eBay send these all day long without getting in to trouble?

That goes beyond the scope of this thread.
But if you like, we can discuss that in another (new) one.

ps: beside this, also these companies are paying a lot of penalties .. but they have enough.
And for example Amazon has settings belong to these rules the customer has to agree with (just checked).
Too lazy to look after eBay, but I am sure they will have too.
Image
by paulfeakins » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:00 pm
OSWorX wrote: Amazon has settings belong to these rules the customer has to agree with (just checked).

Then OpenCart can do the same :)
For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk
by straightlight » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:07 pm
paulfeakins wrote:
OSWorX wrote: Amazon has settings belong to these rules the customer has to agree with (just checked).

Then OpenCart can do the same :)


That is not entirely true. Amazon does have restrictive scope settings to where other Countries may not be able to apply certain features via the API.
Tired of paying for service fees to export your database from other databases over Opencart?

Try those extensions for FREE: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... aightlight

Regards,
Straightlight
by rmullaney77 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:17 am
Lets make this simple again... Just add an opt-in/out follow-up checkbox

Nothing illegal, not complicated, nothing to debate, just a checkbox and an automated script ::)

Didn't need to become a full-blown legal debate :P
by straightlight » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:21 am
rmullaney77 wrote: Lets make this simple again... Just add an opt-in/out follow-up checkbox

Nothing illegal, not complicated, nothing to debate, just a checkbox and an automated script ::)

Didn't need to become a full-blown legal debate :P


A checkbox wouldn't be effective based on what Amazon API already restricts from the source. A merchant could just checkmark an option while the provider may not consider the selected option based around the area where the merchant may be located. Granted, it is not illegal, not complicated nor a debate but simply a restrictive administrative decision on their end.
Tired of paying for service fees to export your database from other databases over Opencart?

Try those extensions for FREE: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... aightlight

Regards,
Straightlight
by paulfeakins » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:06 pm
rmullaney77 wrote: Nothing illegal, not complicated, nothing to debate, just a checkbox and an automated script ::)

Spot on, it's almost like hearing myself speaking! :laugh:
For quick, professional OpenCart support please email info@antropy.co.uk
by senthil » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:21 pm
usage of search tags as a keyword..
by shahid21290 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:53 am
HI
I update my extension keyword and work correctly but yesterday i checked my extension all keyword are unique but when i filter my extension its go down.

any suggestion how to implement our extensions?

Thanks :)
by opencart-market » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:10 am
Hi.

Similar problem.
Some of my extensions have disappeared from marketplace searches.
Marketplace extensions search results are not relevant to the searched words.

Does anyone know anything about this?
_______________________________
Viorel.
http://opencart-market.com
by Johnathan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:54 pm
This issue started yesterday. I assume Daniel changed something in how the search works on the site temporarily, but it appears to be fixed today.
Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
33 posts Page 2 of 2
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

A2 Hosting