Post by sandy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:42 pm

In India it is compulsory to mention country of Origin with each product for all online eCommerce website.
how have you all achieved this?

I have not done it yet.

I will first upgrade to desired opencart version and after that Will look into this.

Post by khnaz35 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Share any of website url where you see this changes/functions

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by by mona » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:41 am

You could use a free field in products usually sku, upc, ean etc and have it display on the product page

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:31 am

An upgrade won't change anything, in this case. What you need is an extension from the Marketplace that restricts payments by countries. Johnathan has one like that. By specifically setting the country as a restriction, the restricted country name can also be shown on the products page from the catalog. An alternative would be to use an extension filter that could search by manufacturers where their locations are also specific.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:04 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:31 am
An upgrade won't change anything, in this case. What you need is an extension from the Marketplace that restricts payments by countries. Johnathan has one like that. By specifically setting the country as a restriction, the restricted country name can also be shown on the products page from the catalog. An alternative would be to use an extension filter that could search by manufacturers where their locations are also specific.
? In India it is compulsory to mention Country of Origin on each product ?
So add the country of origin on the product - manufacturer and country of origin are not necessary related.
I do not know the legality of how country of origin is calculated in India, but can be a rather complex issue.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:24 am

by mona wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:04 am
straightlight wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:31 am
? In India it is compulsory to mention Country of Origin on each product ?
So add the country of origin on the product - manufacturer and country of origin are not necessary related.
I do not know the legality of how country of origin is calculated in India, but can be a rather complex issue.
Which is why, in those cases, it normally needs to be dealt by restrictions.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:56 am

One would assume that the shop is in India and that country of origin needs to be displayed as a matter of law in that country. As such a simple modification using a free field to the product will suffice.

Your assumption is that the shop is not in India and wants to sell to customers in India OR that the shop owner wants only to display country of origin only for the customers in India and not to anyone outside of that country. Which may be the case and would required investment in order to display the same solution above for ips in India only. I think you misread it, payments is not connected to country of origin.

Quite unlike tax, the complexity of country of origin I am referring to has nothing to do with manufacturers or the base of those manufacturers. It is the complexity of the country of origin of the components contained within it, thus it is entirely product specific and can not be done via any automated assumption.

However, I forgot about this .. there are also agreements between countries that things can be marked with a different country of origin than the real country of origin for political reasons .. but I am not aware that these can not then be sold onto a different country under the same conditions and the original importer, one would have to check with a lawyer about that, but I suspect ignorance is bliss would be the answer on that one because how would you actually know when it is government intervention?

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by sandy » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:47 am

by mona wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:41 am
You could use a free field in products usually sku, upc, ean etc and have it display on the product page
Yes that will do that job , Thankyou.