Post by anstarproductions » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:04 am

I switched the language in the admin panel/localisation from en-gb to english thinking that somehow that might make a difference, and did it ever. Now the entire admin panel is messed up in that tabs are ghosted, the date/time and decimal display is extremely long display and it types out "dot" for the decimal point (example: 19pm30UTC_f2018Mon, 19 Nov 2018 21:13:34 +000011pm30_34092018Mon, 19 Nov 2018 21:13:34 +000030 $158decimal_point10 ) Also, the products no longer display in the catalog and the breadcrumb display at the top of each admin panel now includes a text_ line like this "text_home> heading_title" The front end still works fine except for safari browser on mobile which now displays an error in the startup.php file line 109.
I have tried multiple things to get the admin panel back to normal including of course changing the language back to en-gb and even re-installing the original language folder in admin and catalog.
I saw some issues in previous posts with changing languages in older versions but I'm running 3.0.1.0
Does anyone have some recommendations on a possible fix other than a complete new install? The only other variable is that SSL was added to the server at roughly the same time which may be effecting the ghosting tabs and the products not displaying in admin.

Post by OSWorX » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:39 am

Simply edit the fields for language in the database via phpMyAdmin (or any other database tool you use).

Forum Rules [en]: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
Forumregeln [de]: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=114208
Commercial Request: viewforum.php?f=88

Image Image Image

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by anstarproductions » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:10 am

Yes, I wish it was that simple as it took me days to figure out what files were affected.
There were two posts with the answers and it is a definite bug in the system. If you change the default language in admin it will cause issues with the interface.
The solution was to change the config_language in the database. Items were ghosted in the admin panel because of files that were missing when I tried to repair the language folder in admin. Probably just replacing the database files would have done the trick but I has already tried to replace the language folder first.
Lastly, the products returned when I finalized the setting for the SSL which the best post was this one:
https://www.opencart.com/forum/viewtopi ... 65#p584527

Thank you for your response as opencart support claim ticket was 5 days ago with no response...

Post by OSWorX » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:52 pm

anstarproductions wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:10 am
Yes, I wish it was that simple as it took me days to figure out what files were affected.
Sometime it is very easy.
anstarproductions wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:10 am
There were two posts with the answers and it is a definite bug in the system. If you change the default language in admin it will cause issues with the interface.
Nobody told you to play around with that (and if, you should know what you are doing).

Remember: the greatest bug of all is sitting in front of the screen.

Forum Rules [en]: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480