Post by dylan_bluespider » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:12 pm

I am currently working on a site - domain name is www.woolnthings.nz - and I have installed the Opencart extension for Product Option Image Swap (https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=10817).

I have never installed an extension before so I have been following the instructions on this site: https://www.fastcomet.com/tutorials/ope ... management but I am stuck on STEP THREE: CONFIGURE EXTENSIONS where it says to click the edit icon as only a link icon shows instead. Below is a screenshot of my modifications page, where the extensions I have installed all show links under the action column, rather than the edit icon.

Post by Johnathan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:41 am

You're looking in Extensions > Modifications, but the tutorial says to look in Extensions > Modules. Those are two different areas --- Modifications is for ocMod files that change core OpenCart files, while Modules is for sidebar module boxes, or other extensions that don't fit into the usual shipping/payment/theme/feed/etc. categories.

Some extensions will have both components, an ocMod file in Extensions > Modifications, and the normal module settings in Extensions > Modules.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by dylan_bluespider » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:56 am

Johnathan wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:41 am
You're looking in Extensions > Modifications, but the tutorial says to look in Extensions > Modules. Those are two different areas --- Modifications is for ocMod files that change core OpenCart files, while Modules is for sidebar module boxes, or other extensions that don't fit into the usual shipping/payment/theme/feed/etc. categories.

Some extensions will have both components, an ocMod file in Extensions > Modifications, and the normal module settings in Extensions > Modules.
Thank you for your response. However, the extension does not even show up in Extensions > Modules. Any ideas?

Post by Johnathan » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:51 am

If the instructions say to look in Extensions > Modules, but the module doesn't appear in there, then the files are probably not in the right locations. If you used the OpenCart extension installer, it means you probably have your FTP Root wrong in System > Settings > FTP. Double-check that and make sure it's entered correctly. For example, if your web host account has a folder called "public_html" that your OpenCart files are within, then your FTP Root would be this:

public_html/

Another option is to install this free quick fix, which lets you use the installer without FTP info:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=18892

Administrator

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:51 am

Well, you won't get anywhere with this kind of doing things ... :crazy:
1.9 - 2.5 MB 2448x3264 pixel sized Images, whitespace gaps + dot's in image titles,
it's gonna work like a download page, but sure not like an efficient and pro-built shop.
Ernie
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by dylan_bluespider » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:04 am

Johnathan wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:51 am
If the instructions say to look in Extensions > Modules, but the module doesn't appear in there, then the files are probably not in the right locations. If you used the OpenCart extension installer, it means you probably have your FTP Root wrong in System > Settings > FTP. Double-check that and make sure it's entered correctly. For example, if your web host account has a folder called "public_html" that your OpenCart files are within, then your FTP Root would be this:

public_html/

Another option is to install this free quick fix, which lets you use the installer without FTP info:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=18892
I have tried to install it again after installing the free quick fix. I have also checked FTP settings. It still does not show in the modules page.

Post by xxvirusxx » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:34 pm

Not all ocmod are made to be show in Modules...
Some ocmod use only find and replace, without admin controller, model, template file...etc

And all ocmod extension with "cancer research" in description use find and replace, and a .js file for script.

If ocmod use file path...catalog/view/theme/default...then you need to replace with you theme name woolnthings_new

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by Johnathan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:47 pm

Yeah, if you're installing it correctly and it's not showing up in Extensions > Modules, then maybe it doesn't have a "module" component. If the instructions do say to look in there, though, then it could be something else going wrong. You really should get in contact with the developer, and get them to assist you with this. It could be an issue in the extension itself, or in the instructions for the extension, which you'd need them to resolve.

Administrator