Post by kivoleung » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:10 pm

I installed opencart .5.5.1 and setup a paypal sandbox account for testing. After making a purchase from store frontend, no order history appear on the frontend. When checking the backend admin system, the record appear only when I searched the "Sales->Order" with status="missing order".
I then setup a oscommerce 2.3.3 and use the same paypal sandbox account for testing. There's no problem exist. So, I assume that the setting of Paypal sandbox account should be corrected.

Can anybody help on this?

Post by i2Paq » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:13 pm

kivoleung wrote:Can anybody help on this?
It is a known issue and it sometimes happens.

If you would had used our FREE search then you would have found some answers.

Did you check your OpenCart error log?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by ronsattic » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:43 am

i2Paq wrote:

Just had the same happen to me today, checked error log and shows nothing ?

Post by butte » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:28 am

This must have been noted by somebody somewhere already long ago, probably even bluntly enough, but: DO NOT WASTE TIME ON THE PP SANDBOX. When you are ready to TEST (not play with what on their end does not even work), DO IT FOR REAL.

A computer-related "issue" is bafflegab for a "problem" (pure and simple, "p-r-o-b-l-e-m"). The Sandbox does not work (and that is a known p-r-o-b-l-e-m, read the forum posts t-h-e-r-e). Avoid the problem, avoid the Sandbox.

Guru Member

Post by Daniel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:33 pm

paypal sandbox does work but you have to mess around being logged in at the same time as testing.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:35 pm

ronsattic wrote:
i2Paq wrote:

Just had the same happen to me today, checked error log and shows nothing ?
ronsattic, getting pretty sick of you posting every little problem you have. if your not a coder i suggest you hire one. because you don't seem to understand the problems reported and the solutions given.

paypal looses about 1 - 2 orders out of 400 orders every day for me. i know its paypals fault because the callback never reaches my site nor do i get an email telling me some ones paid.

what do you expect some one in the opencart community to do when the paypals services are the issue!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by mrspeakers » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:10 am

Hi... We have had an issue with PayPal not posting the transaction is complete for some time, but we are seeing far more than 1 in 400 events failing, we're seeing closer to 1 in 5. It's been quite painful. It is possible this related to our conversion to https site-wide, as prior to this it was never an issue. We're doing additional debugging now, but I did want to stress that I am not convinced it is a PayPal issue at all.

MAJOR sites like Southwest Airlines use PayPal. It is simply inconceivable that a bug that allowed 1/400th of the transactions on a massive site like Southwest to fail would be acceptable, let alone remain an open issue for a year.

I would hope that you look for other possibilities, as it seems quite unlikely this is strictly a PayPal issue. We have a solid programmer looking into this further from our end to single step through our transactions to isolate the issue, and if we find anything definitive or at least helpful we'll post it.

I don't say this to disparage the excellent work behind OpenCart, as we really like it as a platform, but in this instance I do question the conclusion that this must be a PayPal issue...