Post by suhanto » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:26 pm

My catalog language is Indonesian, but I left the admin language still in English. There is an error message:
Error: Could not load language indonesian!
when updating order from admin screen: customer/order/update, with Notify Customer Checkbox is checked.

I do not install Indonesian language for admin module, since I want to use English instead. But it looks to me that the email sending function is trying to 'match' the language of the Order and the language for the email. So, it will search for Indonesian language for admin, and NOT FOUND.

http://suhanto.net


User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:57 pm
Location - Jakarta, Indonesia

Post by Daniel » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:03 pm

you are missing a file.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by Qphoria » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 pm

I'm not so sure.. was there ever code added to NOT use the browser_detect function for the admin side? It is possibly trying to auto choose indonesian even tho its set to english.

Not sure tho.. just a guess

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by suhanto » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:41 am

Daniel wrote:you are missing a file.
I know it looks for files in Indonesian language for admin. But my point is this:

Since I have set to use English for admin, I expect admin won't try to look for Indonesian language at all. Because if it does, then the language for catalog and admin can't be different. In other words if I set the language for catalog to Indonesian, I have to make the same language available for admin too, although I explicitly have chosen English for admin.

But from the functionality point of view, it does make sense that the email should be sent in Indonesian language. If my customers found the website using Indonesian but the email is in English, he/she will be confused.

My point is: is there a way to place the translation files for the EMAIL in admin screen in the language folder of catalog?

http://suhanto.net


User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:57 pm
Location - Jakarta, Indonesia

Post by suhanto » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:58 am

Qphoria wrote:I'm not so sure.. was there ever code added to NOT use the browser_detect function for the admin side? It is possibly trying to auto choose indonesian even tho its set to english.
I think the error does not relate to browser_detect function. The error ONLY happens when the "Notify Customer checkbox" is checked, which trigger email sending function.

The email sending function then looks for language code for the Order. Because the catalog language is Indonesian, the language code for the order is also Indonesian. Then, the email sending function will look for Indonesian language translation files inside admin folder, which is not installed. I didn't install the Indonesian language for admin, because I have explicitly chosen English language for admin.

As I said in my previous post, it does make sense to choose Indonesian language for EMAIL, because the email will be sent to customers.

But my point is this: the admin language has been explicitly set to English. So, I expect it won't bother to look for Indonesian language at all inside admin folder. The translation files for Email should be placed outside admin folder, so that it won't interfere with 'admin-only' language translation files.

http://suhanto.net


User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:57 pm
Location - Jakarta, Indonesia
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests