Post by rph » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:20 am

arames wrote:BUG in canonical

If you go to:
http://demo.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... duct_id=46

or ANY other product, in the source code you will see:

<link href="http://demo.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... duct_id=46" rel="canonical" />

As you can see there is an amp; added to the URL.

Hope for a fix soon.

Warm regards

That's not a bug. It's how URLs are supposed to be encoded within an HTML document.

http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator ... s.html#amp

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by arames » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:11 am

Thank you for shading light over this

Post by Daniel » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:00 pm

MZBS wrote:Hello,

I make a completly new instalation of Opencart 1.5.2.1 and when I go to System-Settings-Edit I get this error:

Notice: Error: Could not load language setting/setting! in /hermes/waloraweb033/b414/moo.herziostorecom/roommate/system/library/language.php on line 39

So no way to go to the settings page...

Also when I try to enter to Currency settings page I get a Page Not Found 404 Opencart error :-[

I have deleted and re-upload the shop and re-installed 2 times completly from 0 and I get the same errors...

Any idea?

clear your cookies!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:01 pm

wroughtec wrote:Ok so the below is not exctly a bug but thought I would bring it up as I had a fix as well for it. I am looking at making an HTML 5 template (I know crazy ;) ) and on validating I had a few issues that came up obviously. Most were simple enough to solve and design based so not really worth bringing up but the following might be worth adding to the core code.

On the product page the tags which have spaces in get seen as whitespace in the url which the validator does not like (and so it should not). The simplest solution I had was to make a small change to the controller file of the product page changing (on my version) line 352 from:

Code: Select all

'href' => $this->url->link('product/search', 'filter_tag=' .$result['tag'])
to

'href' => $this->url->link('product/search', 'filter_tag=' . urlencode($result['tag']))

already fixed on svn.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by wroughtec » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Ok have another couple of minor ones in the module/cart.tpl and common/cart.tpl

There are 2 instances of

<td align="right">
should be

<td class="right">
as align is depreciatted.

Also

&remove
should be set to

&remove

Post by labeshops » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Two things I've discovered with customers:

1. Adding a customer via admin sets them as unapproved, even though I have approval required turned off. Since I am adding them, they should be auto set approved or let me choose approval status in the add customer form.

2. From the order list, filtering for a customer name seems to only pull up customers that are registered. I tested it by doing an order as a guest. I could see the order in the list, but autocomplete on the customer name field didn't bring it up. Orders should filter by customer name whether registered or not as it makes it nearly impossible to find their order any other way.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by ZorroNet » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:56 am

I'm running version 1.5.2.2.r990

This bug was found by accident, but it could cause some issues for some... I placed an order myself and since I am in the state that I sell in, I was correctly charged sales tax. Just to experience a return from a customer's perspective, I requested a return on the order as a customer. Then, I issued myself a refund as admin, and I marked the order appropriately.

I noticed that overall sales figure for the store on the dashboard included the (now returned) sale in the total. Curiosity lead me to see the tax the problem. Even though I had refunded the entire sale, sales tax from the order was still reported in the sales tax report.

I solved the problem for my report to end up to be correct by deleting the order and the return completely, but if I wanted to keep a record of the sales/return activities, I would have inaccurate sales and tax reports. You can easily duplicate the problem. I hope you can fix it as well :)

Thanks for your attention!
ZorroNet

Post by dither » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi

In OC 1.5.2.1, when “Login Display Prices” is set to “YES” and products are added to shopping cart by a Guest user, Sub-Total and Total prices are visible.

I guess variables “$text_items” and “$total” in module/cart.php and checkout/cart.php are not checked for logged in customer.

Post by Qphoria » Fri May 04, 2012 3:28 am

labeshops wrote:Two things I've discovered with customers:

1. Adding a customer via admin sets them as unapproved, even though I have approval required turned off. Since I am adding them, they should be auto set approved or let me choose approval status in the add customer form.
Technically true, though if approval is disabled, it won't check this value anyway. Still, if you did enable it later, you are right that you'd need to approve those unapproved people. Then again, you may want to have people disapproved.
2. From the order list, filtering for a customer name seems to only pull up customers that are registered. I tested it by doing an order as a guest. I could see the order in the list, but autocomplete on the customer name field didn't bring it up. Orders should filter by customer name whether registered or not as it makes it nearly impossible to find their order any other way.
Good point. I think the way the db query is, it only grabs from the customer table and fails to also grab from the order table.

Administrator

Post by opencartrules » Sat May 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi

Do not know if anyone already has reported it, but it can probably be considered as a bug:

If the customer is not logged into the account in the store and the customer chooses to use the link ( " To view your order click on the link below: " ) in the email with the order confirmation you get the following error:

IMHO the issue should be addressed because it´s misleading customers.

Attachments

Skärmavbild 2012-05-05 kl. 17.24.25.png

Not logged in results in en error - Skärmavbild 2012-05-05 kl. 17.24.25.png (18.12 KiB) Viewed 10279 times

Post by newuserint » Sun May 06, 2012 5:37 pm

I think this must be a known bug, but i did not found it anywhere:

When guest checkout is disabled, the register account radio button is not automatically selected in the checkout page, which throws an error at the time of clicking the continue button associated with register account(or guest checkout when enabled).

I really want to know how to fix this so the clients won't have to select the register account radio button.

Post by opencartrules » Sun May 06, 2012 6:19 pm

krokodylowy3

You mean that it's not a bug but the issue could be addressed, right?

Post by intelcom » Wed May 09, 2012 7:49 pm

I dont know if it bug of oc or from server or from database.... In our e-shop http://www.intelcom.gr if we go to a product category like http://www.intelcom.gr/%CE%A3%CF%85%CF% ... E%BF%CF%8D we see that cut the description 95% and also saw somthing &epsilon.. it do that at all products description.

I think that is somethink with mysql.php and utf-8?????

We have only greek languege frond, but some descriptions is greek and english too. At english descriptions we dont have that problem.

Please see the attachment

Attachments

problem.jpg

problem.jpg (107.9 KiB) Viewed 10122 times

Location - Thessaloniki Greece

Post by Daniel » Wed May 09, 2012 8:36 pm

opencartrules wrote:Hi

Do not know if anyone already has reported it, but it can probably be considered as a bug:

If the customer is not logged into the account in the store and the customer chooses to use the link ( " To view your order click on the link below: " ) in the email with the order confirmation you get the following error:

IMHO the issue should be addressed because it´s misleading customers.

yuo must be using an old version. this was fixed ages ago.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by audiomarket » Thu May 10, 2012 2:30 pm

I think feature manager have the problem.
In my case, when add 3, 4 products, in the front store view only one product 3, 4 time.

Maybe this is a personal error in the installation.

Thenks
Marco Fracchiolla

Post by opencartrules » Thu May 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Daniel:
It's actually OC 1.5.2.1

Attachments

Skärmavbild 2012-05-10 kl. 12.15.51.png

Skärmavbild 2012-05-10 kl. 12.15.51.png (84.46 KiB) Viewed 10058 times

Post by i2Paq » Thu May 10, 2012 6:46 pm

opencartrules wrote:Daniel:
It's actually OC 1.5.2.1
Update or clean install?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by wroughtec » Sat May 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Ok a another really minor thing on page:

template/checkout/cart.tpl

on mine is lines 186-187

<tr>
   <td colspan="5" class="right"><b><?php echo $total['title']; ?>:</b></td>
   <td class="right"><?php echo $total['text']; ?></td>
</tr>
should read:

<tr>
   <td class="right"><b><?php echo $total['title']; ?>:</b></td>
   <td class="right"><?php echo $total['text']; ?></td>
</tr>
As there are no other columns the colspan is not required

Also there are a few none & &'s in the file

eg.

index.php?route=checkout/cart/zone&country_id=<?php echo $country_id; ?>&zone_id=<?php echo $zone_id;
should be

index.php?route=checkout/cart/zone&country_id=<?php echo $country_id; ?>&zone_id=<?php echo $zone_id;
In fact I have found quite a few & which have not been &ed in OpenCart is there a reason for this? I have also noticed a few addons also seem to adopte this approach maybe there is a good reason behind it.

Post by Daniel » Sat May 12, 2012 11:38 pm

js and &amps; don;t like each other.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by wroughtec » Sun May 13, 2012 10:54 am

Daniel wrote:js and &amps; don;t like each other.
Yeah made the mistake of picking the wrong line lol