Post by ABZGames » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:11 pm

I solved this issue yesterday in (what I consider) the simplest way, so am posting this to anyone who is still having problems.

The problem is the image/cache/data/ folder: during the install OpenCart doesn't create this folder correctly. You need to use an FTP file manager (I use FileZilla from https://filezilla-project.org/) and go in and manually delete this folder.

The reason for doing this is that you cannot set permissions on it correctly (changing it from 755 to 777).

Once you've deleted it you then need to manually create it again (right click and select "Create Directory" and name it the same (e.g. data). Then you can manually set the permissions (right click on the folder) to 777.

Doing this then means you can upload, and use, images correctly.

Post by Caps » Sat May 10, 2014 10:57 am

Not quite understanding you. You are rebuilding the data/cache so that correct permissions may be given to the image folders or cache/data folder?

Again, how does doing anything with the /cache folder give you access to successfully uploading an image?

Post by Nettom » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:11 pm

Anyone having any other solution, problem still existing in July 2014 Using 1.5.6.2.
Image manager not displaying any images, only names.

Post by Caps » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi Nettom,

What I did to fix the Image Manager was to toggle the php version then back to the current - it worked. Looks to me like a coding oversight for the Image Manager perhaps from another script.

Post by rph » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Upgrade to 1.5.6.4.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by Caps » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:45 pm

The upgrade, although may work, does not explain why the IM fails to work and why having to toggle the versions of PHP fixed it. Please note, that there are others with the same problem on other threads.

Post by rph » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:03 am

I couldn't tell you why switching PHP versions changed anything but the regular bugs are well documented in the changelog for 1.5.6.4 and 1.5.6.3 https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... april-2014 (" PHP consider 0 equal to null" and "Image manager issue where the thumbnails failed to load"). The issue has also been covered in the forum ad nauseam. If you do a search you'll find a dozen threads from the last six months.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by Caps » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:05 am

Hello RPH, and thank you for your assistance and concern.

Post by davidcropley » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:58 pm

Hi all I had a problem where it said image uploaded sucessdully but it would not appear. I checked ownership and permissions and all was okay. I reset the permissions using
sudo chmod 777 -R /mysite.com/image/catalog/
on my apache server and it started working again - the images would appear in the folder now.
Odd because the permissions all looked like they were 777 before but something was amiss somewhere!

Post by VincentG » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:36 pm

I had the problem within the admin from opencart where i could not add any images to products or banners. This is not an answer on the initial question but perhaps it can help others.
I had the problem that one of the images was too large so in the admin from opencart it get stuck when i want to add an image to banners or products. ::)

Post by richaaron » Fri May 19, 2017 8:19 pm

I had this same issue where I couldn't open the file manager to upload/change any images on the admin interface. This started to happen straight after uploading an image, so I removed the image from the folder via FTP and it then worked. The image I had uploaded was a file saved through exporting a png from Adobe Illustrator. At first I thought it was because it was a png but found others in the same format which caused no problem. I checked the "allowed" list in the "Server" section, png was there. I checked the maximum file upload size, and although this was set to 300000 and the file was bigger, it allowed the upload. I changed this and deleted and uploaded again.. No fix. I went back into AI and saved the file again, this time I exported without artboard to see if this was the problem.. Again, no fix. Last option was to screenshot the image and save as png, uploaded and it worked perfectly fine.

So throughout doing this I discovered that, for some reason, OpenCart doesn't like files saved in Illustrator. I don't know if this will help many people, but I've seen that this seems to be a common problem so I had to share my fix.

Post by grocersbag » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:36 am

i had same problem but i solved it.
solution:
go to Cpanel >file manager>public_html>image>products and look for image file more than 400 kb or your last uploaded image and delete it.
actually while uploading more than 400 kb image , system take too much time and become irresponsive.

Post by DaleEricaOC » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:18 am

richaaron wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 8:19 pm
I had this same issue where I couldn't open the file manager to upload/change any images on the admin interface. This started to happen straight after uploading an image, so I removed the image from the folder via FTP and it then worked. The image I had uploaded was a file saved through exporting a png from Adobe Illustrator. At first I thought it was because it was a png but found others in the same format which caused no problem. I checked the "allowed" list in the "Server" section, png was there. I checked the maximum file upload size, and although this was set to 300000 and the file was bigger, it allowed the upload. I changed this and deleted and uploaded again.. No fix. I went back into AI and saved the file again, this time I exported without artboard to see if this was the problem.. Again, no fix. Last option was to screenshot the image and save as png, uploaded and it worked perfectly fine.

So throughout doing this I discovered that, for some reason, OpenCart doesn't like files saved in Illustrator. I don't know if this will help many people, but I've seen that this seems to be a common problem so I had to share my fix.
Thank you for the info! It saved me a lot of time with my images.

Post by davidcropley » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:20 am

Check you have ownership of the directory and the file permission allow it is my best advice. also check you files are in the right folder.

Post by freeAPK4life » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi, if you all mean to say that you cannot load Image Manager from admin panel to change the image any where on website, then one of the major reason for this is that your "/image/catalog" Folder contains a larger image file.. say around 1 or 1.5 mb. please delete that file through your file manager and the Image Manager starts loading. I got the same issue and it got solved in this way.
Thanks.