Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:05 am

You get a $(".fancybox").fancybox is not a function error in checkout step 4. Try it with the default template and see whether it comes up with the same error.

MHC Web Design
Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * TrustPilot Reviews * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * Template Switcher PHP/Twig

Expert Member

Post by Helping » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:35 am

I did not change that, but I checked and it resulted in the same.

Post by speedingorange » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Something I spotted when installing the cart on the latest version Not sure if this is just my hosting through.

Was my database prefix was set to HANK745_ it created the database as seen in phpmyadmin as HANK745_ however it wrote the config.php as hank745_ and therefore the database could not be found. May just be a quirk of my hosting or something? Not sure if someone else could confirm the issue?

Cheers
James

Post by vickiowa » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Hey Guys, thanks to Daniel and Q for the great work done on OC 1.5.1.3 so far :-)

I have patched my earlier OC 1.5.1.1 to OC 1.5.1.3 Fixed the small errors/bugs by reading the forums.

Getting the following 2 error message recurrently in the error log, these concern the file cache.php

2012-01-03 15:15:23 - PHP Warning: file_get_contents(/home/vsahita/public_html/sabsebest.com/system/cache/cache.store.1325607323) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vsahita/public_html/sabsebest.com/system/library/cache.php on line 25

2012-01-03 15:15:23 - PHP Warning: unlink(/home/vsahita/public_html/sabsebest.com/system/cache/cache.store.1325607323) [<a href='function.unlink'>function.unlink</a>]: No such file or directory in /home/vsahita/public_html/sabsebest.com/system/library/cache.php on line 49

Solutions tried so far:

(1) As Daniel had advised, checked with my host and they have 'file_get_contents' enabled for my site and the server.

(2) Based on reading VillageDeFrance's earlier post, I edited cache.php and took out the below string from Line 15 and Line 51. Still the error keeps coming.

Code: Select all

clearstatcache();
Regardless, continue to get the 2 error messages.

The entire (unedited) cache.php is below for study and reference.

If anyone has a fix or knows how to resolve the error, please kindly post it here or email at vickiowa@gmail.com Thanks much, Vick

<?php
final class Cache { 
	private $expire = 3600; 

public function __construct() {
		$files = glob(DIR_CACHE . 'cache.*');

if ($files) {
			foreach ($files as $file) {
				$time = substr(strrchr($file, '.'), 1);

if ($time < time()) {
					if (file_exists($file)) {
						unlink($file);
						clearstatcache();
					}
      			}
    		}
		}
  	}

public function get($key) {
		$files = glob(DIR_CACHE . 'cache.' . preg_replace('/[^A-Z0-9\._-]/i', '', $key) . '.*');

if ($files) {
			$cache = file_get_contents($files[0]);

return unserialize($cache);
		}
	}

public function set($key, $value) {
    	$this->delete($key);

$file = DIR_CACHE . 'cache.' . preg_replace('/[^A-Z0-9\._-]/i', '', $key) . '.' . (time() + $this->expire);

$handle = fopen($file, 'w');

fwrite($handle, serialize($value));

fclose($handle);
  	}

public function delete($key) {
		$files = glob(DIR_CACHE . 'cache.' . preg_replace('/[^A-Z0-9\._-]/i', '', $key) . '.*');

if ($files) {
    		foreach ($files as $file) {
      			if (file_exists($file)) {
					unlink($file);
					clearstatcache();
				}
    		}
		}
  	}
}
?>

Post by paulnic777 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:18 am

On the individual products pages there are a few lines that overlap and divs that are not quite in the right place. Using firefox 3.6.25 and IE8. Please see screenshot.

Using version 1.5.1.3.1
screenshot.png

screenshot.png (58.22 KiB) Viewed 4144 times

Post by fido-x » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:34 pm

speedingorange wrote:Something I spotted when installing the cart on the latest version Not sure if this is just my hosting through.

Was my database prefix was set to HANK745_ it created the database as seen in phpmyadmin as HANK745_ however it wrote the config.php as hank745_ and therefore the database could not be found. May just be a quirk of my hosting or something? Not sure if someone else could confirm the issue?

Cheers
James
Confirmed.

Line 78 in "install/controller/step_3.php" reads:

$output .= 'define(\'DB_PREFIX\', \'' . addslashes(strtolower($this->request->post['db_prefix'])) . '\');' . "\n"; 
Probably should be:

$output .= 'define(\'DB_PREFIX\', \'' . addslashes($this->request->post['db_prefix']) . '\');' . "\n"; 

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by webbutvecklarna » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:34 am

Unable to install opencart when using ssl, couldn't go to next step the page just refreshed.
Didn't had time to investigate further, will set it up again if you cant repreduce the error.

Should be supported since you are suppling db and admin credentials during the installation

Post by Daniel » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:22 pm

fido-x wrote:
speedingorange wrote:Something I spotted when installing the cart on the latest version Not sure if this is just my hosting through.

Cheers
James
Confirmed.

Line 78 in "install/controller/step_3.php" reads:

$output .= 'define(\'DB_PREFIX\', \'' . addslashes(strtolower($this->request->post['db_prefix'])) . '\');' . "\n"; 
Probably should be:

$output .= 'define(\'DB_PREFIX\', \'' . addslashes($this->request->post['db_prefix']) . '\');' . "\n"; 

thius will be fixed. i seem to remember some idiot telling me it should be lowercase other wise it s bug.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by fido-x » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:51 pm

fido-x wrote:Line 78 in "install/controller/step_3.php" reads:

Probably should be:

This also occurs on line 39 in the same file.

What is happening is the db prefix is being written to the database as entered and then converted to lower-case for the config files.

There are 2 ways this can be fixed. The first is as stated above by removing the "strtolower" when writing to the config files (probably the best method), or by converting the db prefix to lower-case before creating the tables in the database. In the model "install/model/install.php" (lines 23-25), change:

$query = str_replace("DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `oc_", "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `" . $data['db_prefix'], $query);
$query = str_replace("CREATE TABLE `oc_", "CREATE TABLE `" . $data['db_prefix'], $query);
$query = str_replace("INSERT INTO `oc_", "INSERT INTO `" . $data['db_prefix'], $query); 
to:

$query = str_replace("DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `oc_", "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `" . strtolower($data['db_prefix']), $query);
$query = str_replace("CREATE TABLE `oc_", "CREATE TABLE `" . strtolower($data['db_prefix']), $query);
$query = str_replace("INSERT INTO `oc_", "INSERT INTO `" . strtolower($data['db_prefix']), $query); 
So the fix is either, removing the "strtolower" from lines 39 and 78 in step 3 of the installer, or adding "strtolower" to the model. Your choice Daniel.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by chilledworld » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:00 am

With 23 pages of reported bugs it would be great to have a new version of Opencart with all the fixes as most of us are confused by the svn.
I have been using Opencart for 2 years now and I love it but another stable download like 1.4.9.6 would instill more confidence in us all.

Post by arch72 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:52 am

same here,

been using it for 18 months, really tired of all of this, just seek a stable platform to use, with this roller coaster ride with version updates svn's version updates etc.

This thing needs a stable updated release soon, a constant wait for version updates svn files is really time consuming, sometimes i think i am a web developer when it comes to updates and versions, bug fixes etc for opencart, love it great work, great team behind it but sometimes feel you guys have lost the plot, people love opensource carts, this one is way ahead of all the others, with the ebay connector and a module to connect to apple android apps this is going to be a quite a powerful tool just really need a stable bug free update free release soon?

please.have waited, read all the threads

Post by jules_nz » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi

There is a spelling mistake in the Region/State under New Zealand
It has "Wairprarapa" but the correct spelling is "Wairarapa"

I couldnt find it in the files/database
Is this set offsite somewhere?

Cheers
Julie

Post by fido-x » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:59 pm

jules_nz wrote:There is a spelling mistake in the Region/State under New Zealand
It has "Wairprarapa" but the correct spelling is "Wairarapa"

I couldnt find it in the files/database
Is this set offsite somewhere?
Look under "System->Localisation->Zones" in the admin.

Multistore Extensions

Expert Member

Post by daggerman1 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:58 pm

There is a big problem with the coupons on the site, even though it states they are only allowed to be used once it still allows it.... How can this be possible?

One customer has managed to use the voucher around 10 times?

I think its a bug of Opencart 1.5.1.3

Kind Regards,

Dan

Post by rph » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:14 pm

If you're talking about coupons (vouchers are a different thing entirely) you need to make sure you've set the limit for Uses Per Coupon and Uses Per Customer.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by daggerman1 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi,

Thanks for a quick reply.

I have set both of them values to 1 on all of them. For I have a funny feeling it's something to do with nothing being in the coupon history tab. Surely this should populate when someone orders with that coupon ?

Maybe that's why it's allowing it a number of times.

Dan

Post by daggerman1 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:51 pm

rph wrote:If you're talking about coupons (vouchers are a different thing entirely) you need to make sure you've set the limit for Uses Per Coupon and Uses Per Customer.
See obove reply: sorry forgot to quote it

Post by jules_nz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:34 am

fido-x wrote: Look under "System->Localisation->Zones" in the admin.
Thanks for that, all fixed

Post by daggerman1 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:48 am

Has anyone got any idea with this bug, because it seems like a major flaw?

Kind Regards,

Dan