Post by i2Paq » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:47 am

sean wrote:I greatly appreciate if someone make this clear for me:

Does the official release zip file come with latest bug fixes, or do I need to get the SVN to get the fixes.

How often fixes are updated from SVN, in the official release files?

The SVN has all the bug-fixes for the current official 1.5.1.3 zip. The problem is that the SVN also contains new and unfinished code, so it is useless.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by robster » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:59 am

The SVN has all the bug-fixes for the current official 1.5.1.3 zip. The problem is that the SVN also contains new and unfinished code, so it is useless.
Indeed, although I think sean was asking if when bugs are found and fixed if the 1.5.1.3 zip file is then updated with the bug fixes. I would assume that it isn't or it would be given a new number??

robster

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by i2Paq » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:01 am

robster wrote:
Indeed, although I think sean was asking if when bugs are found and fixed if the 1.5.1.3 zip file is then updated with the bug fixes. I would assume that it isn't or it would be given a new number??

robster

The bugs found in the 1.5.1.3 zip download are only updated in the SVN.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by innuoluke » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:41 am

Daniel wrote:
innuoluke wrote:Hi,

I build a lot of OC sites for clients, and there has been a "bug" lingering for a while which I fixed for myself in previous versions of OC, but now the code has all changed (only just upgraded to OC > 1.5) and I really cba to go fix it again, so I thought I would see if this was actually a bug (in which case please can you guys fix it!), or if this was deliberately coded this way....

OK... we have a top level category (ID: 5) and a child category (ID: 10).
We give the top level category a nice SEO name of "Laptops".
We don't bother adding a SEO name to the child category.

When the "categories" menu is generated, the parent category link gets the href "mysite.com/Laptops" - correctly
When we visit the "Laptops" category, the child page now has the same href e.g. "mysite.com/Laptops" - incorrectly?!

I would expect the child page to have a link more like "mysite.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=5_10" as it doesn't have a SEO name.

The thing I am wondering is whether this is actually a bug (which I think / hope it is), or is this a deliberate action trying to force people to add SEO URLs to every category / product if SEO URLs is turned on (I hope not - that would be super-dirty-coder behaviour!!!) ?

Please could someone let me know if this is a bug or not, and how to fix it if so :)

its not a bug. just make sure you have seo keywords for all your categories if you are using seo urls.

Wow! That response has really shocked me.

Please can you tell me which file(s) I need to change in order to make the SEO URLs a little more lenient toward end users who don't understand why they have to apply SEO names to every category. We regularly get clients who only want to add a "nice name" to certain categories for the purposes of marketing (e.g. sending out a leaflet with a shorter link) and don't want to have to update all of their categories just so the site doesn't break!! Don't forget, some users do have an awful lot of categories!

In the older versions of OC ( < 1.5 ) the file I changed was /catalog/model/tool/seo_url.php - this file has disappeared in the new versions, so where has that code been migrated to?

Thanks.

Web developer for Cotswold Web Services / Innuo Ltd
Need help with your Opencart website? Give us a call to see how we can help.

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:21 am

In the older versions of OC ( < 1.5 ) the file I changed was /catalog/model/tool/seo_url.php - this file has disappeared in the new versions, so where has that code been migrated to?
I think it is now in the catalog/controller/common/seo_url.php.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Terrence » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:15 pm

When trying in the online demo (not sure if it's already 1.5.1.3)

When you go to checkout and follow all steps (as guest) to make an order.
It will show the needed TAX, but when you modify one of the previous steps by clicking on modify
BUT not changing anything... the TAX disappears in the last step and you can complete your order TAX free.

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:39 pm

For a 2 language scenario, e.g. English and Swedish, it is noit possible to use English as the admin language and Swedish as the default frontend language. When using English as the admin language, no products nor categories are shown, when using Swdish as the admin language, all products show up just fine in the admin backend.

In general, I think the admin language should have no bearing on whether or not the products or categories are listed in admin backend, they should always be listed.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Daniel » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:45 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:For a 2 language scenario, e.g. English and Swedish, it is noit possible to use English as the admin language and Swedish as the default frontend language. When using English as the admin language, no products nor categories are shown, when using Swdish as the admin language, all products show up just fine in the admin backend.

In general, I think the admin language should have no bearing on whether or not the products or categories are listed in admin backend, they should always be listed.

yes it is. you set the store language top swedish and the admin language to english.

you have not done something properly.

maybe you did a bad backup and restore. when you create a new language it copies all the default language and adds it to the to the new language then you translate manually.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Terrence wrote:When trying in the online demo (not sure if it's already 1.5.1.3)

When you go to checkout and follow all steps (as guest) to make an order.
It will show the needed TAX, but when you modify one of the previous steps by clicking on modify
BUT not changing anything... the TAX disappears in the last step and you can complete your order TAX free.

just tested and it this does not happen to me. although the demo version is actually 1 version behind.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Daniel wrote:
JNeuhoff wrote:For a 2 language scenario, e.g. English and Swedish, it is noit possible to use English as the admin language and Swedish as the default frontend language. When using English as the admin language, no products nor categories are shown, when using Swdish as the admin language, all products show up just fine in the admin backend.

yes it is. you set the store language top swedish and the admin language to english.

you have not done something properly.

maybe you did a bad backup and restore. when you create a new language it copies all the default language and adds it to the to the new language then you translate manually.
I looked further into this, and I noticed that for the admin backend it uses something like

Code: Select all

WHERE pd.language_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') . "'"
when it retrieves the products, the same is true for e.g. categories or informations.

The config_language_id is set in the admin/index.php, using the admin backend language:

$config->set('config_language_id', $languages[$config->get('config_admin_language')]['language_id']);
I think this is wrong. When products or categories or informations are retrieved from the database, it should not use any language restrictions at all in the admin backend. The admin edit page for a product, category, or information always has all languages listed for e.g. the description anyway, and if for one of the languages the description is empty, it should just show show the empty description box, not skip the product altogether.

Guru Member

Post by utrdbaeu » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:57 pm

Not sure this is a bug or just an enhancement (to us it's a bug because we have non-ASCI alphabet):

Problematic code from "catalog/controller/product/manufacturer.php" - line 228:

'description' => substr(strip_tags(html_entity_decode($result['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')), 0, 100) . '..',
If there is any html entity around position 100 like:

96 chars to here &raquo; bla bla
...that html entity is cut:

96 chars to here &ra
We propose that substr and mb_substr get replaced with something like this:

function MY_substr($string,$start,$length) {
	preg_match('#^\s*(.{'.$length.',}?)\s+.*$#s', $string, $matches);
	return $matches[1];
}

'description' => MY_substr(strip_tags(html_entity_decode($result['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')), 0, 100) . '..',
Br

Post by ads4it » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:45 am

Daniel wrote:
Qphoria wrote:
Daniel wrote: declaring functions in side of classes is not the way to do things!

try this:

uasort($quote_data, array($this, 'comparecost'));
But then where should I put the actual compare function?
Maybe a new helper class?
create a method in the extension.

http://code.google.com/p/opencart/source/detail?r=663
Hi. This fixed problem for ups & usps shipping together issues but this will trigger another problem, if you use any other shipping module like weight base shipping.

weight base shipping will pop up at any time when to do a shipping comparison.

please check.

Post by golfpro » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:39 am

Hi all..

this is defo a bug....

if you put items into your basket, then decide to login as an existing customer, you ndo not actually appear to get past the login input page, however, if you then click on 'basket' you are as a logged in customer, but with serious consequences...your basket total seems to increas by a massive amount...very strange indeeed...anyone else found this.....

please note: this does not happen if you login before adding items to your cart/basket....

could this be looked at by the boffins here, or am i just posting this for my own amusment??? as none of my other psots regarding bugs on 1.5.13 have been answered or even commented on.... ...these are serious failings, along with the aparent IE9 problems with layout etc i posted on earlier....

Post by Phil » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:43 am

I have been searching the forums all day and have found similar people with the same problem as myself but with no solution.

When I switch on SSL in the Admin>Settings area, it stops the checkout from working correctly on the site. Also in the admin area the image manager will not let you select a new image by double clicking. If you switch SSL back off again everything works perfectly.

I have configured both config.php files to display https://mydomain.com/ in the //HTTPS areas. Am I missing something obvious or is this a bug???

Post by ifyouseek » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:19 am

adwordsvouchersshop wrote:
Daniel wrote:
adwordsvouchersshop wrote:I also saw this errors when i access the index.php?route=checkout/confirm of any store, including demo.opencart.com.
Have a look: http://demo.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ut/confirm. I also get them on my store.

Notice: Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 120Notice: Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 121Notice: Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 122Notice: Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 123Notice: Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 124Notice: Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 125Notice: Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 126Notice: Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 127Notice: Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 128Notice: Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 129Notice: Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 130Notice: Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 131Notice: Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 185Notice: Undefined variable: payment_address in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 185Notice: Undefined index: comment in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 259Notice: Undefined index: customer_id in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/model/checkout/order.php on line 4Notice: Undefined index: customer_group_id in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/model/checkout/order.php on line 4Notice: Undefined index: firstname in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/model/checkout/order.php on line 4Notice: Undefined index: lastname in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/model/checkout/order.php on line 4Notice: Undefined index: email in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/model/checkout/order.php on line 4Notice: Undefined index: telephone in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/model/checkout/order.php on line 4Notice: Undefined index: fax in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/model/checkout/order.php on line 4Notice: Undefined index: payment_method in /home/opencart/public_html/demo/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 358Error: Could not load controller payment/!
i'll look into this.
Have you managed to get them fixed? Don't want to rush you, just asking.

I dont understand why you would directly visit this page ever, if the data isn't set of course errors would be displayed, yes of course this result isn't preferable but it doesn't affect the functionality of cart in the slightest, does it? maybe you could just add a check if the data is set, if it isn't then redirect to homepage.

Post by Serment » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:12 pm

Opencart_v1.5.1.3.1 clean install. Problem is to do with purchasing a Gift Certificate.

I also installed Shoppica theme but this bug happens even with that switched off and after I copied the original catalog folder back to reverse changes. I have replicated this on 2 PCs and on a live site.

If customer adds a Gift Certificate to the cart, but nothing else, then on the checkout/cart page, it seems that clicking on the Checkout button merely redirects back to the same page, and never goes to the checkout/checkout page.

I've added some debugging to the cart.php page just using error_log() statements.

It seems to get into the if statement around line 69. Around line 125 there is a foreach looping through the products in the cart. It reaches the line before the foreach, but not the line after it, so I'm wondering whether a Gift Certificate is counted as a product. Execution also reaches the line 194 just before it looks at the Gift Voucher.

I don't know when the redirect occurs.

Post by Daniel » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:48 pm

utrdbaeu wrote:Not sure this is a bug or just an enhancement (to us it's a bug because we have non-ASCI alphabet):

Problematic code from "catalog/controller/product/manufacturer.php" - line 228:

'description' => substr(strip_tags(html_entity_decode($result['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')), 0, 100) . '..',
If there is any html entity around position 100 like:

96 chars to here &raquo; bla bla
...that html entity is cut:

96 chars to here &ra
We propose that substr and mb_substr get replaced with something like this:

function MY_substr($string,$start,$length) {
	preg_match('#^\s*(.{'.$length.',}?)\s+.*$#s', $string, $matches);
	return $matches[1];
}

'description' => MY_substr(strip_tags(html_entity_decode($result['description'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')), 0, 100) . '..',
Br
wow! have you even looked at the code anywhere else? did you not notice a function called utf8_substr

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by utomo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:58 pm

i2Paq wrote:

Does the official release zip file come with latest bug fixes, or do I need to get the SVN to get the fixes.

When we can expect new version will be released ?
Thankyou

Post by i2Paq » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:11 pm

utomo wrote:
i2Paq wrote:

When we can expect new version will be released ?
Thankyou
From what I see it will take another 2 weeks to get 1.5.2 finished. Then it needs a test-run to get the bugs out and hopefully we get a "stable" 1.5.2.1 release a week or 2 after the test-run.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by alex1 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:39 am

i2Paq wrote: From what I see it will take another 2 weeks to get 1.5.2 finished. Then it needs a test-run to get the bugs out and hopefully we get a "stable" 1.5.2.1 release a week or 2 after the test-run.
Thanks. Is there a list of 1.5.2 new features we can take a look at?