Post by R_D » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:09 pm

i2Paq wrote:Adding a new product will automatically ad a Special Price of 90.00 to it.

I believe this is a BUG that was solved but has returned?
Strange, i've just downloaded Q's V1.5.1.1. release and didn't encounter something like that. Wich version do you use?

R_D

Post by Daniel » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:16 pm

i2Paq wrote:Adding a new product will automatically ad a Special Price of 90.00 to it.

no it has not. it does not automatically ad a Special Price. there was soem redundent data in 1.5.1 which has been removed.

if someone is having this problem it might be because they are restoring an backup from 1.5.1.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by i2Paq » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:00 am

Daniel wrote:

no it has not. it does not automatically ad a Special Price. there was soem redundent data in 1.5.1 which has been removed.

if someone is having this problem it might be because they are restoring an backup from 1.5.1.
OK, looks like it was "something" in the database. Did a clean install and now it is not happening.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by scmKORE » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:36 am

EDIT: Nevermind, found out what I needed to fix. ^^

Post by merry » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:51 pm

eka7a wrote:
merry wrote:Fresh 1.5.1.1 install AND visible in demo: http://demo.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... e/register

The affiliate "I have read and agree to the ABOUT US" has crept back in, linking to index.php?route=information/information/info&information_id=4

Should be "I have read and agree to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS" and link to index.php?route=information/information/info&information_id=5.

Kerry
admin/system/setting/ edit your store Options Tab

information page select for Affiliate Terms
Eka yes that would solve it for me, but it's silly for the default to link to the wrong page and then have thousands of users fix the same error. The default should link to the correct page.

Most answers are from my OpenCart 1.5 User Manual CURRENT TO 1.5.5.1 and includes free updates.
FREE HELP! 60-page user guide with OpenCart Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Install Guide & 30 Minute QuickStart Guide: http://showmeguides.com/

Location - Mexico and sometimes Texas

Post by merry » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Some modules are missing corresponding layouts in the Admin extension -> modules, even though they all exist in catalog/view/theme/default/template/module/*.*

This came up because I cannot force Bestsellers to appear using the Admin, despite products having been "purchased" from the test store and purchases complete.

Here's a comparison:

-> Should there be a layout in the Admin (first col of image) for ALL layouts in (second col of image)?

Kerry

Update - there are also some wrong paths in the default data set in system -> design -> layouts... however this may be a separate problem. I've added 2 more cols to the image - Admin Layouts list and directories list in /default/template

Most answers are from my OpenCart 1.5 User Manual CURRENT TO 1.5.5.1 and includes free updates.
FREE HELP! 60-page user guide with OpenCart Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Install Guide & 30 Minute QuickStart Guide: http://showmeguides.com/

Post by tyjthomas » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:03 pm

It seems that the products purchased report is not pulling the data correct. I have about 40 products on the site, each of which have been purchased. For some reason it only shows one of them, at an incorrect quantity and total value.
products purchased.PNG

products purchased.PNG (50.68 KiB) Viewed 3698 times

Post by sdstore » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Found the bug in Affiliates module. If I change the Payment Method for selected affiliate to the "PayPal", anyway at the affiliate account the selected Payment Method is "Cheque".

Also can't found where to change global settings for affiliates. As the set the commission to 10% and remove "Cheque" payment method.

Post by SapporoGuy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Kerry,

The way I understand the layouts is that they are based on the controllers not the views.

I haven't really looked in the bestseller module yet but I'm going to say anyway that there probably needs to X number of same product purchased before it becomes a best seller.

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by merry » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:45 pm

SapporoGuy wrote:The way I understand the layouts is that they are based on the controllers not the views. I haven't really looked in the bestseller module yet but I'm going to say anyway that there probably needs to X number of same product purchased before it becomes a best seller.
Darn, SapporoGuy, I just checked -- catalog/controller/module has the identical filenames (not extensions) as the second column in my image above, catalog/view/theme/default/template/module. I added it to the image (refresh) so you can see. So thanks for the lead, as it has helped me understand it a little better, but it is not likely to solve this issue. I'm still very curious about this.

Bestsellers in most ecommerce programs including OpenCart 1.4.9 the default is ON and it does appear after one transaction (after all, logically that one item IS the store's best seller).

Kerry

Post by anteater_sa » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:02 am

Same bug in various admin module form templates, if category name or layout contains an apostrophe then the "add module" javascript won't work e.g. banner module

Code: Select all

html += '      <option value="<?php echo $layout['layout_id']; ?>"><?php echo $layout['name']; ?></option>'; 
if my layout was named "Adam's Layout", then js error. Solution is to use addslashes function round layout names:

Code: Select all

html += '      <option value="<?php echo $layout['layout_id']; ?>"><?php echo addslashes($layout['name']); ?></option>'; 

Post by Daniel » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:00 pm

tyjthomas wrote:It seems that the products purchased report is not pulling the data correct. I have about 40 products on the site, each of which have been purchased. For some reason it only shows one of them, at an incorrect quantity and total value.
products purchased.PNG

post this in the bug tracker\:

http://code.google.com/p/opencart/issues/list

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator