Post by daniel1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi Guys,

Okay I did some testing in regards to cart contents vanishing when being redirected to the checkout and/or clicking checkout links. Basically I setup a ubuntu server virtual machine and I am not getting any issues. I must be something todo with my webserver. Any ideas at all what could be causing this?

Daniel1

New member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 31, 2011 12:59 am

Post by QNAP » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:41 pm

All oc version Thickbox popup image bug for IE9. God I hate IE!
Do you mean the following bug with Thickbox Image Popup ? I get this result with IE 9.0.8112
Screen Resolution: 1680:1050

Attachments

Popup bug IE9.PNG

Thickbox popup image bug for IE9 - Popup bug IE9.PNG (408.89 KiB) Viewed 2558 times


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:46 am

Post by opencartisalright » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Thickbox stopped being supported ages ago. The developer suggested using another overlay script.

Anyone have any luck getting the FancyBox mod (http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 60&start=0) working with OC 1.5? I've followed the instructions and for the most part it works. The only thing that doesn't work is the terms and conditions in the checkout page. When clicking there it just opens a new full page in the same window instead of a fancybox. Maybe because there is a conflict with the javascript since the checkout uses javascript too?

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Daniel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:03 pm

daniel1 wrote:Hi Guys,

Okay I did some testing in regards to cart contents vanishing when being redirected to the checkout and/or clicking checkout links. Basically I setup a ubuntu server virtual machine and I am not getting any issues. I must be something todo with my webserver. Any ideas at all what could be causing this?

Daniel1

session directory(tmp) not have correct permissions.

also check you have the json extension installed.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by Daniel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:08 pm

opencartisalright wrote:Thickbox stopped being supported ages ago. The developer suggested using another overlay script.

Anyone have any luck getting the FancyBox mod (http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 60&start=0) working with OC 1.5? I've followed the instructions and for the most part it works. The only thing that doesn't work is the terms and conditions in the checkout page. When clicking there it just opens a new full page in the same window instead of a fancybox. Maybe because there is a conflict with the javascript since the checkout uses javascript too?

i have already fixed the thickbox issue in the svn and will upload once I'm finished with the json fallback script.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by opencartisalright » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:13 pm

Daniel wrote:i have already fixed the thickbox issue in the svn and will upload once I'm finished with the json fallback script.
Any chance you can be persuaded to use FancyBox instead?

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:09 am

Post by alex1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:20 pm

I'm noticing the 1.5.0 site is slow to load, where the 1.4.9.5 has more categories and is faster.

I'm curious, does the 1.5.0 version have the category fixes that made 1.4.9.5 faster? I believe the fixes were to cache the categories and also not select empty categories.

I'm worried about scaling. I have about 95,000 products I wanted to import into 1.5.0

could this be a bug?

thanks

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Daniel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:42 pm

it shoudl be faster.

on 1.4.x it loaded all categories on each catalog page load. in 1.5.0 it only loads the first 2.

also i think theres a tool out there somewhere that can tell you which mysql quires that take the longest time to execute.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by QNAP » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:44 pm

Daniel
FancyBox is very nice looking implementation/function!
Advantages FancyBox vs. Thickbox ?

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:46 am

Post by Daniel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:56 pm

QNAP wrote:Daniel
FancyBox is very nice looking implementation/function!
Advantages FancyBox vs. Thickbox ?

thickbox does need replacing.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by Daniel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:56 pm

I have just released another version with with the latest set of fixes in.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by i2Paq » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:21 pm

Daniel wrote:
i2Paq wrote:
Daniel wrote:which fix?
This one ;)

that does not sound like a fix. its justs to make the image manager larger. the screenshot that was put up does not even show the image manager working properly.

is it a fix or or not?
It needs to be larger because you otherwise need to scroll down to see the images, even on my 24" with 1920x1080!

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Daniel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:38 pm

i2Paq wrote:
Daniel wrote:
i2Paq wrote:
This one ;)

that does not sound like a fix. its justs to make the image manager larger. the screenshot that was put up does not even show the image manager working properly.

is it a fix or or not?
It needs to be larger because you otherwise need to scroll down to see the images, even on my 24" with 1920x1080!

which browser? can you take a screenshot of exactly what is happening. i'm on 1080p and it looks fine.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by sunburn1979 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Daniel wrote:
QNAP wrote:Daniel
FancyBox is very nice looking implementation/function!
Advantages FancyBox vs. Thickbox ?
thickbox does need replacing.
Dont use thickbox or fancybox, both have been blown out of the water by colorbox
http://colorpowered.com/colorbox/

New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by i2Paq » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Daniel wrote:which browser? can you take a screenshot of exactly what is happening. i'm on 1080p and it looks fine.
FF 3.6.17, see screenshots.

This happens with Products and with Brands.

Attachments

brands.gif

Brands - brands.gif (30.15 KiB) Viewed 2497 times

products.gif

Products - products.gif (75.39 KiB) Viewed 2497 times


Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by QNAP » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:15 pm

Daniel
thickbox does need replacing.
Ok, requires some work with other words, it may perhaps be an adjustment issue.

sunburn1979
Dont use thickbox or fancybox, both have been blown out of the water by colorbox
In what way? What is it that speaks for Colorbox?

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:46 am

Post by daniel1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:28 pm

Daniel wrote:
daniel1 wrote:Hi Guys,

Okay I did some testing in regards to cart contents vanishing when being redirected to the checkout and/or clicking checkout links. Basically I setup a ubuntu server virtual machine and I am not getting any issues. I must be something todo with my webserver. Any ideas at all what could be causing this?

Daniel1

session directory(tmp) not have correct permissions.

also check you have the json extension installed.
Daniel,

Thanks very much for your reply. I have checked /tmp manually and can see various items created by apache apache plus other scripts use /tmp so no issue there to my knowledge. I also checked json, that appears to be running. I am running plesk if that makes any difference, to be honest I'm alittle stumped to what this could be really and am surprised noone else has reported it because quite a few people use plesk installed on servers etc.

Daniel1

New member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 31, 2011 12:59 am

Post by Daniel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:32 pm

when you click add to cart then go to another page has the item been added to the cart?

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Post by ultraspoon » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:37 pm

Im getting a blank page on install on step 3

install/index.php?route=step_3

Any suggestions?

Thanks

PS Great work on latest release Danial, looks awesome. Cant wait to give it a good try.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by daniel1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:38 pm

Daniel,

When I click add to cart, I can then either click the blue checkout button on the little drop down square under Shopping Cart at the top or the Checkout text link under Create an account. As soon as I do that I am then redirected to the /index.php?route=checkout/checkout which asks if I am a new customer etc then a second after am redirected back to index.php?route=checkout/cart and presented with Your shopping cart is empty message and yes the item has been added to the cart.


If you want I can pm the site to you.

Daniel1

session time is to short?

New member

Posts

Joined
Tue May 31, 2011 12:59 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests