Post by Expeditionops » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:28 pm

I am receiving orders, 4 so far new store, and I'm getting "order 8, order 12" am I getting users all the way to the checkout and losing them there?

Why do I have order numbers being skipped?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Jeremy Womack
www.ExpeditionOps.com
Vehicle Based Expedition Equipment

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:40 pm

yes anytime someone gets to the confirmation page it creates an order. If they do not submit that order does not get completed.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:41 pm

Temp order id are created each time the confirm page is reloaded. They are not designed to be sequential at this time.

Administrator

Post by Expeditionops » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:48 pm

Good info to have. That means I'm missing sales... Thanks guys.

Jeremy Womack
www.ExpeditionOps.com

Post by Qphoria » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:20 am

Expeditionops wrote:Good info to have. That means I'm missing sales... Thanks guys.
LOL its funny how people don't read. no it doesn't mean you are missing sales. It simply means existing customers that could have still checked out just reloaded the confirm page a few times. So customer A could have gotten to the confirm page and then added more items to cart, or changed his address, etc... and each time he comes back to that confirm page, a new order id is generated. It's not the best way to handle it but it is how it is done for now. If you'd prefer to only use one order_id for each customer session then use this mod:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=9192&f=23

Administrator

Post by Expeditionops » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:24 am

Since, I have had only single item sales, I can't imagine that people are refreshing or moving back and forth alot, I understood what you stated and appreciate your input. I am still able to discern information from this.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Jeremy Womack
www.ExpeditionOps.com

Post by Daniel » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:10 pm

The problem is that payment gateways require a order id to be generated and sent to them before the customer reaches the payment page. that way the payment gateway can contact your site to confirm when the payment has been made.

you can view missing orders using the order status missing orders on the order list page.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Expeditionops » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:21 pm

Daniel,
Great info. Thanks a ton.

Jeremy

Jeremy Womack
www.ExpeditionOps.com

Post by marc_cole » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:52 am

Daniel wrote:The problem is that payment gateways require a order id to be generated and sent to them before the customer reaches the payment page. that way the payment gateway can contact your site to confirm when the payment has been made.
Why not generate a separate internal ID number for the gateway and save the order_id for numbering orders sequentially? That would solve the out of sequence order numbers, no? I just came over to OpenCart from SurfShopPRO, and that's the way it handles that situation.

Just an idea.

Marc

OpenCart v1.4.9.4
VQMod | Categories Home | Cleaner By Default - 2 Column | Speak Good English

Location - Seattle, WA

Post by essexboyracer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:06 am

Hi all, this missing orders feature, in what other circumstances will orders fall into this category? I understand the above, refreshing at confirmation page, but unsure of what else could cause a missing order, if at all.

Tring Web Design

Post by i2Paq » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:51 pm

In most cases when a Payment via a third party Payment module fails.

Failing does NOT mean you did not get your money but it could also be because the customer did not return correctly to your store the finish the order process.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands