Post by MBarcroftMSOL » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi All,

Our site is using version 1.5.6.4 and we are having issues when customers use the contact us function within the site.
Their query is sent to us via email however instead of redirecting back to a confirmation page the site spits them out on a page displaying the following error.

Pulled from logs:
2016-09-14 10:54:58 - PHP Notice: Undefined index: email in /home/theecigshopco/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_controller_information_contact.php on line 30
2016-09-14 10:54:58 - PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/theecigshopco/public_html/index.php:106) in /home/theecigshopco/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 28
2016-09-14 10:54:58 - PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/theecigshopco/public_html/index.php:106) in /home/theecigshopco/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_controller.php on line 29

I have tried solutions such as clearing the vqcache by deleting it, altering the catalog_controller_information_contact.php
vq2-system_engine_controller.php
index.php
files to ensure they have no spaces before the opening and closing php tags. We have hit a wall.
If anyone could offer some advice on what to investigate next that would be great!

Thanks in advance
Matt

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:48 pm

I would say it's one of your vQmods modifying catalog/controller/information/contact.php causing the problem.

What is happening is that a modification is probably causing an error by removing or using something it shouldn't. Maybe something to do with this line, if it has been moved from 20 to 30 by the modification. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... ct.php#L20

This in turn will cause the redirect to the success page to fail due the to error output beforehand.

Switching off display errors in the settings may help (note: leave log errors on). I would recommend display errors be off for security anyway and only switched on when you want to debug things.

Then you need to work out which vQmod is causing the error and how it can be fixed.

Altering any files in the vqcache will not do anything as these files will just be overwritten again.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Location - United Kingdom

Post by MBarcroftMSOL » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:59 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I have deactivated display errors and it now correctly redirects to the email confirmation page. Which is great!
I think we will set up a dev version of the site and run some tests on the vqmods. I was concerned about deactivating them to figure out which one was erroring, but running tests on a dev version will avoid this.

Thanks again for your helpful response!