Post by filipf50 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:21 am

Hi guys,

Firs of all congratulations Q about the release. It's a very good release.

I have a problem with the order confirm process. OC don't subtract stock from the order products.

I think the problem is in catalog/model/checkout/order.php to keep the line in order_product subtract because the field is always recorded at 0. In addition, when taken in the order confirmation is not validating the config_stock_subtract variable

Thanks and good job.

Post by fbrkr1s » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:35 am

Hi,
I am new to here so I apologise if this is in the wrong place or not a bug.

I have been using 1.4.7 for the past month & decided to upgrade a store that I'm designing to 1.4.8 today, the installation went fine & everything seems to work ok until customers add out of stock items to the cart.

In 1.4.7 there was this *** below the out of stock item in the full cart view with a disclaimer above stating out of stock, this disclaimer has now gone & I can forsee customers complaining. I need to accept pre-orders on items so the option to disable ordering out of stock is not an option.

Any ideas on how to get this message back?

Thanks

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:38 am

filipf50 wrote: I have a problem with the order confirm process. OC don't subtract stock from the order products.

I think the problem is in catalog/model/checkout/order.php to keep the line in order_product subtract because the field is always recorded at 0. In addition, when taken in the order confirmation is not validating the config_stock_subtract variable
You are right.. actually i totally forgot to pass the subtract in from the cart level.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:41 am

fbrkr1s wrote:Hi,
I am new to here so I apologise if this is in the wrong place or not a bug.

I have been using 1.4.7 for the past month & decided to upgrade a store that I'm designing to 1.4.8 today, the installation went fine & everything seems to work ok until customers add out of stock items to the cart.

In 1.4.7 there was this *** below the out of stock item in the full cart view with a disclaimer above stating out of stock, this disclaimer has now gone & I can forsee customers complaining. I need to accept pre-orders on items so the option to disable ordering out of stock is not an option.

Any ideas on how to get this message back?

Thanks
I just tried this.. it is working normally. Perhaps you didn't set it up in your settings
Stock Checkout: NO

Administrator

Post by fbrkr1s » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:12 am

Hi,

I still want to let customers order the out of stock items as pre-orders, in 1.4.7 it would allow this but have a disclaimer reminding them that it was 'out of stock', an explanation of the ***, which these still show but with no explanation.

The old setting was settings/options/
Show Out Of Stock:
Display out of stock message on the shopping cart page if a product is out of stock.

In my install of 1.4.8 this has gone which I think is greatly needed.

If anyone can tell me how to code it back in that would be apprciated. :)

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:23 am

LOL.. That setting caused mass confusion for people because they would set "Stock Checkout" to NO but would also have "show message" set to NO..

so then they would complain that their checkout button did nothing and took them nowhere because the message was gone. So I removed the 2 separate options and combined them into one. I do see your reasoning for having it... decisions decisions.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:36 am

JasonSGN wrote:I created a coupon in v1.4.8 and left the "Uses per Coupon" and "Uses per Customer" blank to make them unlimited, just as it says on that page. When I save the coupon, it sets those fields to 0 and then the coupon cannot be used. The simple fix is to just set both of those fields to a very high number, but I just wanted to make you aware of this. I've confirmed that this happens on the test at http://unbannable.com/v148rc1 too.

Thanks for a great product.
Thanks! Fixed for next release

Administrator

Post by fbrkr1s » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:05 am

Qphoria wrote:LOL.. That setting caused mass confusion for people because they would set "Stock Checkout" to NO but would also have "show message" set to NO..

so then they would complain that their checkout button did nothing and took them nowhere because the message was gone. So I removed the 2 separate options and combined them into one. I do see your reasoning for having it... decisions decisions.
I see your point, however used correctly it is a stroke of genius. I would like to go live with 1.4.8 however this is a little off putting as I already know from my live site (1.4.7) that people miss the pre-order in descriptions but do take notice of the disclaimer in the basket.

Is there code I can paste back in from 1.4.7 or is this a major change?

Post by thehumancpu » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:29 am

When I check out with a Credit Card through paypal integrated module, it charges everything fine but just says, "Please wait.." and never gets to the confirmed page.

Order goes through but stays Pending, CC charged. No loss in sale, just doesn't complete.

It does send the email to both purchaser and seller e-mail... Paypal received money okay.

Joel

Post by Johnathan » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:15 am

When editing downloads, if you check the "Push to Previous Customers" box but don't have a new file uploaded, it doesn't fail gracefully. Instead, you get a blank page with the following errors:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: download in /OPENCARTPATH/admin/model/catalog/download.php on line 27
Notice: Undefined index: mask in /OPENCARTPATH/admin/model/catalog/download.php on line 27
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /OPENCARTPATH/admin/index.php:72) in /OPENCARTPATH/system/engine/controller.php on line 27

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:36 am

Found another one. This bug still persists. It looks like the /catalog/model/account/address.php file got the fix on line 8, but not on line 18. Changing line 18 as well fixes the bug.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Karen » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:00 am

I'm trying to create a category (Christmas Salt & Pepper Shakers) which is only 31 characters long, but the admin panel won't let me - gives me the "must be between 2 and 32 characters" error message. It will take a dash or a plus sign, but is apparently counting the ampersand as 3 characters.

Using OC version 1.4.8b
http://catandcaboodle.com/

Location - WA State, USA

Post by i2Paq » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:05 pm

As reported here: Missing Orders [1.4.8]

Changing the Order Status on any order and saving: the status change is not saved.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:02 am

i2Paq wrote:As reported here: Missing Orders [1.4.8]

Changing the Order Status on any order and saving: the status change is not saved.
This is not a bug. But I think it's not clear how to use it. When changing status, you need to click "add order history". That is completely separate from the order edit feature that uses the "save" button.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:32 am

Johnathan wrote:When editing downloads, if you check the "Push to Previous Customers" box but don't have a new file uploaded, it doesn't fail gracefully. Instead, you get a blank page with the following errors:

Notice: Undefined index: download in /OPENCARTPATH/admin/model/catalog/download.php on line 27
Notice: Undefined index: mask in /OPENCARTPATH/admin/model/catalog/download.php on line 27
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /OPENCARTPATH/admin/index.php:72) in /OPENCARTPATH/system/engine/controller.php on line 27
Johnathan wrote:Found another one. This bug still persists. It looks like the /catalog/model/account/address.php file got the fix on line 8, but not on line 18. Changing line 18 as well fixes the bug.
Both confirmed and fixed in 1.4.8b. Thanks!

Administrator

Post by garocosta » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:02 am

I upgrade the patch and screw up everything i cannot add nothing in the center page, before i have a slideshow image and now is everything blank.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:07 am

restore your old home.tpl as you likely have no welcome message so it is hiding the main box.

Administrator

Post by garocosta » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:19 am

i can see the images now in homepage, but i have some errors, now appear this:

Notice: Undefined variable: text_latest in /home/garo/public_html/newsite/catalog/view/theme/default1/template/common/home.tpl on line 13

and

Notice: Undefined variable: products in /home/garo/public_html/newsite/catalog/view/theme/default1/template/common/home.tpl on line 15

I need help for fix this

thank you

Post by allenshea » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:05 am

Is anyone have search problem with this patch?

After upload with this patch, my search result only display with 1 page, before with same keywords I can get more than that.

Can anyone check if you also have this problem? and how to make it out?

Allen

I know nothing about PHP and SQL, but I still try my best to understand it.

Post by breeze » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:48 am

Tiny spelling fix on "Approval" word. :P

/admin/language/english/common/

$_['text_total_review_approval']   = 'Reviews Waiting Aprroval:';
should be

$_['text_total_review_approval']   = 'Reviews Waiting Approval:';

breeze solutions | proud opencart user