Post by Jamie.ds » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:37 am

Clean install of 1.5.6.4 try to upload an image onto a product and it says

"Warning: Please select a file!"

Doesn't continue or anything.

Post by Antoni4 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:41 am

Have you tried with different browsers? Sounds like a JavaScript issue.
Where does this error message come up? Does it come from the Image Manager?

Post by Antoni4 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:09 am

Also make sure there are no special/foreign characters in the directory or file name. I have encountered some issues with file manager when I created a folder containing "&" character.

Post by Antoni4 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:15 am

Okay I have come across exact issue recently.
The problem is at server level.

As strange as it might sound, the problem comes from the fact that your file size exceeds upload_max_filesize php setting.

The default value is 2MB. Even though there is a php.ini file in the admin folder with upload_max_filesize set to 999M it can still be overwritten at another level.
To check what upload_max_filesize is really set to, create a file that calls <?php phpinfo(); ?> and look for upload_max_filesize value in the list of Core settings.

By default the image manager restricts files higher then 300kb. So if you are to upload a file between 300kb and 2MB you will get a proper error message from the image manager saying that file is too big (i.e. it exceeds 300kb limit). However if you are to upload a file larger than 2MB the logic in the upload function branches away to an error "Warning: Please select a file!" and file size is never checked by the image manager to give user a proper file size error.

Perhaps the file size check should be moved outside of the "if (isset($this->request->files['image']) && $this->request->files['image']['tmp_name']) {" branch, or when the branch jumps to the else the error message should be replaced from "$json['error'] = $this->language->get('error_file');" to "$json['error'] = 'error_upload_' . $this->request->files['image']['error'];". Just to make it more clear for users that come across this issue that the problem is not with file selection.