Post by fickena » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:03 am

The image manager for uploading to products and categories has been fixed by the updates to 1.5.6.3 but you still can not upload an image to information pages. You get to the "image properties" pop but it then hangs once you select a photo.

Tried with IE 11 and Firefox

Further to this I have just tried to add a link to text in the information pages and the "link" box also just hangs when you select a page to link to.

So to recap I cannot upload images or add links to any information pages on two of my installs running 1.5.6.1 and 1.5.6.4

Post by rawmeattt » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:26 am

Not sure it this helps I had the same issue and had to convert some .jpg to .png and change the sizes and then the upload was able to complete - 1.5.6.3

Post by fickena » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I did read about problems like that but apparently these were sorted in 1.5.6.4 and doesn't explain why I can just add a link to my site. I'm not sure if the silence means I am the only one experiencing this or if they are stumped.

Post by villagedefrance » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:14 am

Try the following:

Open "admin/controller/common/filemanager.php" in your code editor.
find on line 465 the following code:

Code: Select all

// Check to see if any PHP files are trying to be uploaded
$content = file_get_contents($this->request->files['image']['tmp_name']);

if (preg_match('/\<\?php/i', $content)) {
	$json['error'] = $this->language->get('error_file_type');
}
... and comment it out with "//", or remove it entirely.
Then try again to upload an image.

OpenCart custom solutions @ https://villagedefrance.net

Location - UK

Post by fickena » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:04 am

Nope afraid not. It won't let me select any images in image manager and then when I cancel it won't let me quit "image properties"

Post by villagedefrance » Fri May 02, 2014 2:14 am

mmmm ... ok, in that case it looks like something is interfering with your Image Manager.

Have tried re-installing "ajaxupload.js" from the latest official release ? located in "admin/view/javascript/jquery/".

If all that fails, you might have to install third party Mod from the extensions, some of them are free. Worth a try.

If it still doesn't work, then you have a major issue going on.

I hope this helps.

OpenCart custom solutions @ https://villagedefrance.net

Location - UK

Post by labeshops » Fri May 02, 2014 6:04 am

Honestly, I've never been able to upload images to info pages in 1.5.2 or 1.5.6. I just upload the image using the product screen then browse to it on info pages.

I have no problem creating links though.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by fickena » Fri May 02, 2014 6:23 pm

I think it might be either a virus software issue.

I have two laptops and PC at home and none of them would allow me to do this. Running Kaspersky and Avast.

All running Windows 7, 2 running IE 11 and one IE10. Also I tried Firefox on all and it wouldn't work on that either.

However at work I have another windows 7 PC running IE 10 and that one is fine. So currently doing all that editing at work and the rest at home.

Hope this helps others before they rip their hair out and make any unnecessary changes.