Post by sirsubliminal » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:53 am

So I bought a few different ome page checkout extensions.

They all have one thing in common.

On the checkout page the "Choose a previous adress" is visible to all, even if "Guest checkout" is checked.
In that dropdown about 20 names and adresses are displayed, theese are names and adresses of previous customers (only guest purchases but not all of them).

It seems that guest checkout purchases are not stored in the customer table at all wich is understandable.
In the order table all guest purchases has customerid/number 0

Since not all guest purchases are being displayed in the previous adress for everyone to look at I guess something is different about thoose orders, cant seem to find out what thoug.

This ever happend to anyone and van give me some tips where to search for errors in the data?

Since search here or google gave me nothing I guess I might be lonely in this but could sure use some help.

Like I said, only when using the one page checkouts, not the normal one.

Using 1.5.6

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:59 am

Has this behavior been noticed from the default template or from a custom template ?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by sirsubliminal » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:05 pm

straightlight wrote:Has this behavior been noticed from the default template or from a custom template ?
It is when you apply a supercheckout / one page checkout extensions you notice it. Not the default Opencart checkout template. But the adding of rows to address with customer_id and zone_id 0 is the default opencart. Just that you see that "bug" when applying another checkout.

The names and addresses in table address with customer_id 0 (also always zone_id 0 when customer_id is 0) is displayed for all to see. This is what one of the Opencart one page extension experts told me "There are few address in the DB which is not associated with the customers. May be customers has been deleted from the DB but addresses are still there. System was picking those address which were not associated with the customers.". I have not deleted any customers. Opencart just keeps adding rows like this in the table address sometimes, less than 5% of the rows are like this. Not just in my store but other opencart stores aswell. I use 1.5.6.

I am very curious to what that table is for, why and when it is used. So few rows in that table compared to orders and customer. Have not found any information what it is used for? Temporary storage of addresses while the purchase is being made?

Found this, but it does not explain when and why that table is used.
http://www.colab-aktiv.com/?page_id=89

I would just like to know more about the table address. Can I for example delete all rows with customer_id 0. Does not seem to effect the orders, customers at all. And how can I/we stop Opencart from adding that kind of bad rows.

Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:01 am

Since this issue occurs while using an extension, please contact the developer of the SuperCheckout contribution.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by sirsubliminal » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:30 pm

straightlight wrote:Since this issue occurs while using an extension, please contact the developer of the SuperCheckout contribution.
The error occurs in standard Opencart when people create an account. Sometimes customer_id is set to 0 in table address for thoose creating an account.

This bug is not noticiable in the standard opencart checkout but very much so when using an checkout extension ("all" of them). Then all names and adresses that has customer_id 0 is displayed for everyone to see.

The main problem is that opencart seems to have a bug in the create account procedure during normal checkout(first step) and/or the "Create an account" function.

Post by sirsubliminal » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:56 pm

sirsubliminal wrote:
straightlight wrote:Since this issue occurs while using an extension, please contact the developer of the SuperCheckout contribution.
The error occurs in standard Opencart when people create an account. Sometimes customer_id is set to 0 in table address for thoose creating an account.

This bug is not noticiable in the standard opencart checkout but very much so when using an checkout extension ("all" of them). Then all names and adresses that has customer_id 0 is displayed for everyone to see.

The main problem is that opencart seems to have a bug in the create account procedure during normal checkout(first step) and/or the "Create an account" function.
I now know what causes this and it is a payment module that is poorly written. I alerted the creators behind this one.