Post by wjhazel » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:02 am

Greetings everyone - I did an upgrade earlier this morning and had just a few minor issues (mostly due to folder permission errors) which were easily fixed. When I logged in and tried to complete a test purchase however, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
OK
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: company_id_display in <b>/Library/WebServer/Documents/*mysite*/catalog/controller/checkout/payment_address.php</b> on line <b>144</b><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: tax_id_display in <b>/Library/WebServer/Documents/*mysite*/catalog/controller/checkout/payment_address.php</b> on line <b>149</b>[]
This appears when selecting the billing address. Everything is and has always been a Bill Me Later and Flat Rate Shipping as this is really just a front end for one customer who wanted a web store like ability to order. No customer modules/extensions and default template.

Any ideas?

Post by wjhazel » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:09 am

Did I post this in the right forum? If not, I apologize. Read a "common errors in Open Cart" post on a blog and they suggested with these types of errors to post here. Any help would be great.

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:56 am

Which Opencart are you using and which payment module is selected from checkout to see this error ?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Reemon » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:59 pm

Try to look at to your database to table called customer_group, if there is no columns with name customer_display, tax_display etc... than probably when you were updating OC the database was updated incorrectly.

Post by wjhazel » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:34 am

straightlight wrote:Which Opencart are you using and which payment module is selected from checkout to see this error ?
Upgrading from v1.5.4.1 to v1.5.6.1. Payment is only the Bill Me Later option. All other options are disabled for this particular store.
Reemon wrote:Try to look at to your database to table called customer_group, if there is no columns with name customer_display, tax_display etc... than probably when you were updating OC the database was updated incorrectly.
Following are all the columns in the customer_group:

customer_group_id
approval, company_id_display
company_id_required
tax_id_display
tax_id_required
sort_order

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:13 am

Bill me later is a contributed module, though. Are you also using a custom template ? If so, I would suggest to test this module on the default template. If the problem persists, then it's a module issue which the author should be contacted.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by wjhazel » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:37 pm

straightlight wrote:Bill me later is a contributed module, though. Are you also using a custom template ? If so, I would suggest to test this module on the default template. If the problem persists, then it's a module issue which the author should be contacted.
Disabled/uninstalled all payment options except the "Free Checkout" option that was part of the default install. Also, using the default theme. Only switched out the logo graphic. Still receiving the same error.

Post by Reemon » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:13 am

There could be something wrong with this statement

Code: Select all

$customer_group_info = $this->model_account_customer_group->getCustomerGroup($this->customer->getCustomerGroupId());
on line 141 in catalog/checkout/payment_address.php, I would check what customerGroupId is going in and what value customer_group_info have (it should be array filled with "customer_group_id", "tax_id_display" etc...).

Post by ruzgar » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:11 am

I had the same problem, I believe this happens when you have more then 1 language.
Customer Group name was missing, on one of my language. English name was present, but no other names in other languages.

I added the name, and problem was gone.

Post by conticreative » Wed May 20, 2015 6:16 am

I am having the same issue and I have only one language installed. I know this is pretty old, but it has no resolution.

Post by dswtpl » Wed May 20, 2015 3:13 pm

Hello Conticreative ,

Is it possible to provide me your website link ?

Thanks.