Post by MatthewMN » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:51 pm

I don't know if this is of any help but I tested the SMTP script from this web site using the same e-mail addresses and it worked fine.

http://www.codewalkers.com/c/a/Email-Co ... il-Script/

Post by peteVA » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:04 am

There have been countless hours wasted over a simple thing.

With any multi-store version, the main store - call it #1, should be ticked by default as offering a new product. Much easier to untick a few than spend time wondering why, with just one store, your product does not show.

Many are going to use this as a stand-alone, single store. They should not have to go through the process of ticking the only box every time they add an item.

Bug? Maybe not.

Feature? Wouldn't call it that, either.

Common Sense? Yeah, that's how I'd classify it. But there is not a thread for that.

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:19 am

MatthewMN wrote:I don't know if this is of any help but I tested the SMTP script from this web site using the same e-mail addresses and it worked fine.

http://www.codewalkers.com/c/a/Email-Co ... il-Script/
fine. PM me your ftp details so i can test this myself. 100% garrentee though this is down to you and how you have things setup.

pm me your smtp details if that is what yoiu are using. i'm not sure why you are not using a built in php mail function.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:23 am

peteVA wrote:There have been countless hours wasted over a simple thing.

With any multi-store version, the main store - call it #1, should be ticked by default as offering a new product. Much easier to untick a few than spend time wondering why, with just one store, your product does not show.

Many are going to use this as a stand-alone, single store. They should not have to go through the process of ticking the only box every time they add an item.

Bug? Maybe not.

Feature? Wouldn't call it that, either.

Common Sense? Yeah, that's how I'd classify it. But there is not a thread for that.
countless hours of ticking a box? its not countless hours. stop wasting my time posting this sort of thing. any time some is adding a new product they need to spend time to make sure the have everything right.

if you are adding a lot of products at once then that is what you have to do. the data has to get in there some how.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by RonA » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:34 am

Daniel wrote:
RonA wrote:I just upgraded from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 and everything seems OK EXCEPT I still have the issue where the products don't load if I omit the www. from the web address. Did I forget to do something?

pelase post a link to your site.
Here are the links to my test 1.4.3 site:

http://www.inspirationpeak.com/opencart/

http://inspirationpeak.com/opencart/

Here's the .htaccess code I'm using in my website's root folder. (I tried putting this in my opencart .htaccess file too but received an error message.)

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.inspirationpeak\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.inspirationpeak.com$1 [L,R=301]
Sure appreciate your time with this... I understand I can remove the www from my url in the store setup... but would prefer to have everything work the way it's supposed to. ;-)

Post by peteVA » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:26 am

Daniel wrote: countless hours of ticking a box? its not countless hours. stop wasting my time posting this sort of thing. any time some is adding a new product they need to spend time to make sure the have everything right.

if you are adding a lot of products at once then that is what you have to do. the data has to get in there some how.
Countless hours wondering why their products do not show up in the first place.

Disdain for your users is not very helpful.

You ask for suggestions and problems, this is something that could be easily fixed and save a lot of new users time wondering why with one store, after entering their items they do not show in the storefront.

Not everyone considering or choosing your script is a coder. Many are just average people trying to have a shop on the internet. Stuff that seems so simple to you can be overwhelming to users.

Use your own product as a newbie, where this is their first adventure online. That's your real base, not the dozen or so coders who are so helpful to others. Nothing against them, but it's the "little folks" who are the majority, or would be if there were a stable version.

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!

Post by i2Paq » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:07 am

peteVA wrote:Countless hours wondering why their products do not show up in the first place.

Disdain for your users is not very helpful.

You ask for suggestions and problems, this is something that could be easily fixed and save a lot of new users time wondering why with one store, after entering their items they do not show in the storefront.

Not everyone considering or choosing your script is a coder. Many are just average people trying to have a shop on the internet. Stuff that seems so simple to you can be overwhelming to users.

Use your own product as a newbie, where this is their first adventure online. That's your real base, not the dozen or so coders who are so helpful to others. Nothing against them, but it's the "little folks" who are the majority, or would be if there were a stable version.
I work with programmers day in and day out, I know that the way they look at their software differs a lot then the way "we" common users do ;)

I fight with them on a regular basis about stuff that they say the users should understand, I know from my visits to customers that they don't.
Sometimes changing a line of text makes everything a lot clearer.
In this case a default shop set by a preset tickbox would.

So I have to agree with peteVA, it should be for most (if not all) users made easy.
In the case of having one shop the product should always, default, be added to that shop, if there are more shops then the default (first) shop shoul always be ticked and the user can decide if the product should be visable in other shops.
We live in a world where everyting gets done "automaticly", so why not this :)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:19 am

people have to tick which categories they want the products displayed on so it should not be a big problem to tick which sites they want to see them on aswell.

but any way lets move on to somethign else.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by Killerj » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:38 am

Daniel wrote:ok i haver done all fixes execpt for the mail one and invoice one because i'm not sure they are bugs.
So, should we wait for 1.4.4? or Install the 1.4.3? I can wait, Its not a problem. But, If 1.4.4 is gonna come out, I can shift from 1.3.4

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:09 am

the bugs that are list are very minor ones. so don;t worry about 1.4.4.

some features i think need doing are the invoices, custom invoice numbers and adding a tax no. field that can be swithed on or off in the admin.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by muflon » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:26 am

Daniel wrote:the bugs that are list are very minor ones. so don;t worry about 1.4.1.

some features i think need doing are the invoices, custom invoice number and addign a tax filed that cvan be swithced on or off.
great idea
it also would be nice if you can add price with tax to each product in invoces I think it is easy to implement and it is required in some countries in EU (Slovakia, Czech... )
and also swich to show / hide rewievs it is mentioned here http://code.google.com/p/opencart/issues/detail?id=159

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:43 am

price with tax is already implemented!

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by jwthiessen » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:54 am

RonA wrote:
Daniel wrote:
RonA wrote:I just upgraded from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 and everything seems OK EXCEPT I still have the issue where the products don't load if I omit the www. from the web address. Did I forget to do something?

pelase post a link to your site.
Here are the links to my test 1.4.3 site:

http://www.inspirationpeak.com/opencart/

http://inspirationpeak.com/opencart/

Here's the .htaccess code I'm using in my website's root folder. (I tried putting this in my opencart .htaccess file too but received an error message.)

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.inspirationpeak\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.inspirationpeak.com$1 [L,R=301]
Sure appreciate your time with this... I understand I can remove the www from my url in the store setup... but would prefer to have everything work the way it's supposed to. ;-)
I have the exact same problem on a fresh install.

Post by Freddo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:04 pm

sorry it wasn't a bug.... ::)

Post by rph » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Minor Bug: utf8_bin case sensitivity is throwing off category order by name.

/catalog/model/catalog/category.php
public function getCategories

Code: Select all

$query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "category c LEFT JOIN " . DB_PREFIX . "category_description cd ON (c.category_id = cd.category_id) LEFT JOIN " . DB_PREFIX . "category_to_store c2s ON (c.category_id = c2s.category_id) WHERE c.parent_id = '" . (int)$parent_id . "' AND cd.language_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') . "' AND c2s.store_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_store_id') . "' ORDER BY c.sort_order, cd.name");
fix

$query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "category c LEFT JOIN " . DB_PREFIX . "category_description cd ON (c.category_id = cd.category_id) LEFT JOIN " . DB_PREFIX . "category_to_store c2s ON (c.category_id = c2s.category_id) WHERE c.parent_id = '" . (int)$parent_id . "' AND cd.language_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_language_id') . "' AND c2s.store_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_store_id') . "' ORDER BY c.sort_order, LCASE(cd.name)");

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by rph » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Has anyone else observed OpenCart generating hundreds of empty or partial category cache files? Usually in under a minute I get around 300 files generated like

cache.category.1.139.126856106
cache.category.1.14.1268561064
cache.category.1.140.126856106
cache.category.1.141.126856106
cache.category.1.142.126856106
cache.category.1.143.126856106
cache.category.1.144.126856106
cache.category.1.145.126856106

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by i2Paq » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:36 pm

Daniel wrote:people have to tick which categories they want the products displayed on so it should not be a big problem to tick which sites they want to see them on aswell.
Why not take advantage of that what you have already build in?
I mean the help text that are add in some places but could be used anywhere.
After this discussion about these tickboxes I've adjusted the Dutch language files to make sure the Dutch user will not end up in spending time searching for something abvious.

Here is a screenshot of the default English product page:

Here is a screenshot of the Dutch product page:

You see the difference?

I have done that for the product.php, categorie.php, setting.php and store.php.
I could, if you would let me, buld those files for you.

The engine is in place, why not use it?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by RonA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:05 am

SEO URL's work perfectly in my first store.

But in my second store, the SEO URL's will return the following:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unrecoverable error.

This is usually caused by a faulty, or improperly installed CGI script or .htaccess file.
If I turn off the SEO URL option in store settings, all links on both stores work perfectly and there is no Server Error Message. (But i really want to have SEO URL's in both stores. ;-)

Here's my .htaccess file in the opencart subdirectory:
# 1.To use URL Alias you need to be running apache with mod_rewrite enabled.

# 2. In your opencart directory rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess.

# For any support issues please visit: http://www.opencart.com

Options +FollowSymlinks

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /opencart/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)\?*$ index.php?_route_=$1 [L,QSA]
Can't understand why SEO URL's would perfectly in the first cart and not in the second.

Any ideas?

Here's the link to my second 'test' store:
http://www.inspirationpeakgifts.com/

Post by Daniel » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:17 am

i'm not sure why this would happen. its really down to apache.

OpenCart®

Administrator

Post by eka7a » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:52 am

Zones Are Being Added Turkish Character Error

admin\model\localisation\zone.php find

public function addZone($data) {
		$this->db->query("INSERT INTO " . DB_PREFIX . "zone SET name = '" . $this->db->escape(htmlentities($data['name'])) . "', code = '" . $this->db->escape($data['code']) . "', country_id = '" . (int)$data['country_id'] . "'");

$this->cache->delete('zone');
	}

public function editZone($zone_id, $data) {
		$this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "zone SET name = '" . $this->db->escape(html_entity_decode($data['name'])) . "', code = '" . $this->db->escape($data['code']) . "', country_id = '" . (int)$data['country_id'] . "' WHERE zone_id = '" . (int)$zone_id . "'");
Replace

public function addZone($data) {
		$this->db->query("INSERT INTO " . DB_PREFIX . "zone SET name = '" . $this->db->escape($data['name']) . "', code = '" . $this->db->escape($data['code']) . "', country_id = '" . (int)$data['country_id'] . "'");

$this->cache->delete('zone');
	}

public function editZone($zone_id, $data) {
		$this->db->query("UPDATE " . DB_PREFIX . "zone SET name = '" . $this->db->escape($data['name']) . "', code = '" . $this->db->escape($data['code']) . "', country_id = '" . (int)$data['country_id'] . "' WHERE zone_id = '" . (int)$zone_id . "'");

Windows 11 Pro Digital License Key

Location - Türkiye