Post by Piotrek M » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:51 pm

I found Today bad description in google site: results
http://corink.ie/images/wtf.jpg

I have no idea what is that and what can i do ..

Please for Help
Last edited by Piotrek M on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

laser toner cartridge,toner hp,canon,samsung,lexmark,cartridge,cheap toner cartridges,cheap laser toner,toner,toner ireland,laser toner,toner cartridges,printer cartridges,printer toner,ink cartridges,laser toner cartridge

Location - Cork,Ireland

Post by labeshops » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:30 am

Did you check these pages on your site and see what is set for the meta description? I would view the source of the page and see if the text that is showing on google is anywhere on your actual page.

If not, make sure your brand pages have meta descriptions and re-submit your site map to google.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Piotrek M » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:57 am

I was check everything ... there's no any fake descryption on my website like on (site:) google results
I will re-submit my sitemap ..

But How that could happend ?
Is there any chance to prevent that in the future ?

Thanks for any Help .

laser toner cartridge,toner hp,canon,samsung,lexmark,cartridge,cheap toner cartridges,cheap laser toner,toner,toner ireland,laser toner,toner cartridges,printer cartridges,printer toner,ink cartridges,laser toner cartridge

Location - Cork,Ireland

Post by labeshops » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:24 am

If you don't supply a meta description for google/se to use, it will usually grab random text off your page and display that in the search results. I do not know where it might have gotten the text it is showing, but if you are sure to include meta descriptions for all your pages, it should not be an issue.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Piotrek M » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:34 am

That could be a reason ... i will add meta descyption everywhere ;)

Many Thanks For Help

Location - Cork,Ireland

Post by butte » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:04 am

(1) Several days later, on Home there is one meta:
<meta name="description" content="Corink company selling quality compatible ink and toner cartridges.
We offer our customers 100% new printer cartridges at the best prices in Ireland." />

. . . and on products individually there is no meta.

(2) Look through your directories for files with odd names and timestamps. Look specifically in /download/ for any *.jpg.* files (which are text files but thus far have not been executable code).

(3) You marked it Solved?

Guru Member