Post by MichaelVB87 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi all,

We are getting complaints from our customers on the checkout page.
When they are going through the necessary steps, everything goes well, until they come to step 5.
It's showing no payments options at all (there should be 3 of them).

In both cases they were using internet explorer 8...
Could this be the reason?
If yes, what could be the solution?

Important to know: when I log in as the customer, I get to see the payment options.
That's why I believe it has something to do with IE8...

Thanks for your help!

Post by MichaelVB87 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Anyone? :)

Post by i2Paq » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:06 pm

Default or custom theme?

link to your store?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by fbm247 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:26 pm

SOLUTION for us atleast

This is reopening an old thread but this is the first result I found on Google search so maybe this will help others if they find this post.

We had this exact same problem and after a lot of trial and error we found the problem was caused by a vqmod extension called coupon_checkout.xml.

This coupon extension for those who don't know, moves the coupon code to step 5 of the checkout. Upon investigating the code I found that the writer of this extension had too many </div> tags and this was causing the page to end early in internet explorer. I simply removed the extra </div> from around line 103 in coupon_checkout.xml file so it had the correct div closes and this fixed the problem.

We also only had reports of this not working in IE8 but everything else worked fine in other browsers.

I hope this discovery helps someone else as we spent almost an entire day trouble shooting this and finally found the above fix, simple it was but hidden well

Post by siteadvice » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:26 am

I just came across the same thing. Coupon_Checkout.xml doesn't seem to work with IE8. I've also had a report of it not working in Firefox on a Mac, but I haven't got a Mac here to check it.

Can someone recommend a different way to implement coupon codes at Step 5 of the payment process?

inframes.com Website Design with Opencart, Coldfusion, Railo and Concrete5

Post by andycam » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:48 pm

Thanks fbm247 your solution has worked a treat.

For me it was one too many </div> tags in the <div class="discount-module"> section. I removed the one on line 122. I'm going to email the mod developer so others don't have this issue (I spent a good 3 days trying to fix this!).

Post by nvedia » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:49 pm

andycam wrote:Thanks fbm247 your solution has worked a treat.

For me it was one too many </div> tags in the <div class="discount-module"> section. I removed the one on line 122. I'm going to email the mod developer so others don't have this issue (I spent a good 3 days trying to fix this!).
Just curious what do you mean by too many </div?
Were there closing div tags only or there were multiple outer <div></div> ??

Donate here to show support if you think I have helped you today!

Opencart Documentation