Post by productsthatwork.us » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:08 am

Inmotion Hosting in USA is not OPEN CART centered. They have some few techs that are familiar but that's about it. Their phone response time, however, was less than 1 minute.

Post by madimar » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:16 pm

productsthatwork.us wrote:Inmotion Hosting in USA is not OPEN CART centered. They have some few techs that are familiar but that's about it. Their phone response time, however, was less than 1 minute.
Your comments sound a little bit biased... 3 posts in a minute talking bad of other providers, and promoting siteground...

Sent from my DesireHD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:32 pm

productsthatwork.us wrote:Host Gator does not support OPEN CART. Here is the E-commerce Software they support: Magento, Zen Cart, osCommerce.
???

Well, you may want to know that I am running several OpenCart sites just fine on Hostgator, without any problems!

:)

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by .eb » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:52 am

the initial post is from 2009, I honestly hope no one is still using this for a reference.
HostGator supposedly refuses OpenCarts, still true ? I see that Jeff,(post above) has some running there. I just wonder if he was "grandfathered in". AKA: Are new installs allowed ?
Dreamhost is not as lame as 1st post states. ..fanbois..:shrugs:..

Anyhow, is it possible there is a more up to date list of opencart capable hosts that are respected in this community ?
Thank You.

Why do I feel like most of the commentors here have no clue how to communicate ?
I wonder if they mean HostGators doesn't support OpenCart BECAUSE there is no script for kids to run(auto install)... or do they literally not allow developers to run opencart on their systems ? thx.

.eb

Post by scanreg » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:27 pm

gator doesn't auto-install opencart

but are they refusing account holders to install it themselves?

is that what you mean?

does it matter shared or vps?

super important

thanks

Post by cwswebdesign » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:36 pm

From what I've seen, Hostgator is a mess all the way around.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by rph » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:31 am

How is that? Worst I've seen is their support ticket times have started getting longer.

Edit: Longer in the sense of going from under an hour to a couple hours. Definitely normal turn around for the hosting industry but slower when compared to itself.

Edit 2: What a difference 10 months makes. I'd recommend against using HostGator now. Since being bought out they've moved to a new datacenter with poor uptime and resources. Their support ticket time is also now around a day.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by .eb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:57 pm

lol, shared or VPS.
of course VPS is allowed..what about shared ?

Thank you guys/gals/beings from another world or dimension for answering.

I'm trying to find a host for a client, he's just starting out and needs a cheap reliable host..no resellers plz. Thank You! O0

.eb

Post by rypaci » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:31 am

Hi there!
try http://www.hostgator.com/ its a vey good web hosting site.

by the way im Ryan (rypaci) Im a web developer and i have my own website.
I accept web designing and development at a very low price.
visit my website for more info http://rypacimarketingsolution.com/... see you there! :)

Post by rph » Sun May 05, 2013 12:59 am

I'll add a recommendation AGAINST Network Solutions hosting. They use a screwy proxy system which breaks certain $_SERVER variables ($_SERVER['HTTPS']) and mod_rewrite (RewriteCond %{HTTPS}) when dealing with SSL. I've never seen a host use a system like this and their "solution" to the problem they've created will likely fail PCI scans from certain vendors.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by cwswebdesign » Sun May 05, 2013 1:03 am

rph wrote:I'll add a recommendation AGAINST Network Solutions hosting. They use a screwy proxy system which breaks certain $_SERVER variables ($_SERVER['HTTPS']) and mod_rewrite (RewriteCond %{HTTPS}) when dealing with SSL. I've never seen a host use a system like this and their "solution" to the problem they've created will likely fail PCI scans from certain vendors.
They're also very over priced for their hosting and domain names. Not sure what the attraction is to them.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by .eb » Mon May 06, 2013 12:30 pm

" Not sure what the attraction is to them."
The attraction to them is the same as Godaddy. The name is heard in the Facebook movie, so the knuckleheads flock. ..and Godaddy; Superbowl commercials, and so the knuckleheads flock.

Godaddy has to be the absolute worst in existence..and that is not grudge talk..that is based upon their piecemealed, under explained costs and systems(example: emails 500emails with 500MB space. That space is total! , so 1MB per email account. ..it's not 1992 anymore, so you'll need to upgrade..and if you upgrade all 500 accounts, you're talking an extra $150/month for what should be inclusive in the $7month plan, broken webpanel .. ugh, I could go on for ages..
Sorry for the rant.. a client uses them and they even block video streaming.
..it's 2013 and video streaming is blocked!!!

GODADDY is the rotten apple in a basket of golden apples.

.eb

Post by rph » Tue May 07, 2013 9:14 am

cwswebdesign wrote:They're also very over priced for their hosting and domain names. Not sure what the attraction is to them.
They were the name in registrars and SSL certificates around 10 to 15 years ago, especially for larger corporations. From what I can tell they were subsequently broken up and re-sold so many times it's now just a business relying on an old name to sell shabby, overpriced hosting. For them to disable server-side https detection and suggest client-side forwarding as a replacement, it's just mind-boggling bad in terms of coding, security, and plain old sanity (not to mention breaks SSL in OpenCart and a slew of other applications).

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Tue May 07, 2013 11:48 pm

rph wrote:I'll add a recommendation AGAINST Network Solutions hosting. They use a screwy proxy system which breaks certain $_SERVER variables ($_SERVER['HTTPS']) and mod_rewrite (RewriteCond %{HTTPS}) when dealing with SSL. I've never seen a host use a system like this and their "solution" to the problem they've created will likely fail PCI scans from certain vendors.
Seconded.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by rockambole » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Hello everyone

I'm looking for a host with a good startup plan and this thread seems to be usefull.
However, there are some old posts here and I'd like to get some new opinions.
I'm taking a look to arvixe.com, macgeniushosting.com and siteground.com
What do you guys think about those hosts?

Thanks!

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:40 pm

productsthatwork.us wrote:Host Gator does not support OPEN CART. Here is the E-commerce Software they support: Magento, Zen Cart, osCommerce.
That is a false statement. They don't support the "install" for opencart but you can certainly install opencart on Hostgator. Hostgator is still my preferred host.

Administrator

Post by rockambole » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:54 am

Qphoria wrote:
That is a false statement. They don't support the "install" for opencart but you can certainly install opencart on Hostgator. Hostgator is still my preferred host.

Usually on hostgator they provide all pre-requirements for the opencart or you have to get them by yourself?

Post by plusdev » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:02 pm

I never use hostgator. As far as I know hostgator is good hosting. I personally use ASPHostPortal to host my site.

Post by labeshops » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:54 pm

I now recommend Evolve (see my footer links) run by cwswebdesign who is active here in the forums. He's gone above and beyond to work out any issues I've had and my sites are faster than they have ever been.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by tarheit » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:32 am

For shared hosting I used Lunarpages for 7+ years with no real issues other than I've now outgrown it. Even though disk space and bandwidth is virtually unlimited for my purposes, CPU and memory isn't on shared hosting and they will issue warnings or disable scripts if you hog too many shared resources.

I've since switched to a VPN/cloud server at Togglebox. Speed is much better than shared hosting and their support has been great. Unmanaged VPN/cloud servers aren't for everyone though. You have to handle your own installs, upgrades, etc. But it's a great deal if you can handle it and know your way around unix.