Post by mberlant » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:22 pm

giftman wrote:..AND THEY DID ...v1.5.0.5
You might ask them to also add version 1.4.9.5. As you know, version 1.5 is still in its infancy, and many (most?) of the add-on developers are just beginning to rewrite their 1.4 add-ons to be compatible with 1.5. Right now there are many more payment gateways and shipping gateways, for example, available for 1.4 than for 1.5.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by Alistair » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Godaddy is one of the most known and easy cms for ecommerce nowadays. Honestly, though Godaddy has a lot of negative feedbacks still it better than the others.

--i guess im being biased now. ???
Last edited by Alistair on Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEO Blog Philippines

Post by madimar » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:09 pm

I'm using Arvixe since some time. Up to now I really have a good experience, no issues, very good assistance and cheap prices. Satisfied about that, I just began a collaboration with them, considering they are interesting to promote their services partecipating to specific community forums, blogs, etc.
Besides other technical things, I think this is really a good proof of their professionality and customer care.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Location - New Zealand (Tokomaru, Palmerston North)

Post by FFJim » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:22 pm

GoDaddy failed me miserably. Everything seemed to work except email. No matter what was tried, not a single email made it out of their servers. They said the messages were getting to their relay server, but they never went anywhere from there. I spent way too much time on the phone with technical support, and they could not resolve the issue, so I dropped them on the spot. No order confirmations, no order notifications, no enquiries = worthless service.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Webhost.uk.net used to be a good web hosting service, but in recent months their servers have become quite overcrowded and slow, with frequent Internal Server 500 errors (timeout issues), so I had to move 2 of my clients sites away from them to different web hosts, one to Hostgator, another one to unitedhosting.co.uk.

At this time I would NOT recommend using webhost.uk.net anymore.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Matty » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:15 pm

OnesieBummsie wrote:Im in NZ and i use australian based http://www.webcity.com.au they are well priced and i have had no problems and they have prompt response to queries :)
Is anyone else using www.webcity.com.au?

I'm looking for a good Australian-based host and so far they're at the top of my list.

Thanks

Post by vickiowa » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:48 am

I've been using Arvixe basically since OC guys recommended it and I figure they should make some money off of it, so wanted to do anything and everything to support this awesome piece of code that we all love.

Faced multiple issues with Arvixe. Even while we just have something like 150-odd visitors each day, the site does not have 99.9% uptime and goes down for an average of 15-20 minutes each day. I've used Uptime Robot and other such services to keep track and sometimes we even get emails from customers about the site loading like crap and taking forever.

I've emailed them screenshots along with specific times the website has gone down but the contact support is outsourced and they keep "escalating" tickets without any immediate responses. The times that I do get a response are is when they come back with "well the site is now up, so be on your way".

I'll try to move to hostgator and if that works better, that'll be it with Arvixe.

Maybe my experience is one amongst many, I do not know. I however do not recommend Arvixe or any of its services since having an "Internal Server Error 500" or "Host unavailable" error returned is the last thing an ecommerce site needs.

Thanks, Vick

Post by JAY6390 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 am

That is the general issue with a shared server. I recommend that anyone wanting decent uptime should run their own server, or a VPS at minimum. a half decent vps can be got from as little as $25/month. You can have far more control over the system that way too

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by werepair » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:55 pm

i have been using these for the last 3 years http://www.5quidhost.co.uk/ my sites have never been off line for more than a couple of minutes in over 3 years, there support is pretty fast too, they offer a free hosting plan that you can try too. there Turbo plans http://www.5quidhost.co.uk/turbohosting.php are very good and speed is not an issue.

Post by durkbox » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:27 am

Swerve 123reg. They have been 'upgrading' their servers since November. They couldn't even tell me when this 'upgrade' would be complete... Experienced constant outages, sites were slow to load. Their only solution was for us to buy a dedicated server... Funny that. Have switched to Heart Internet now, they are crazy good. Highly recommended.

Post by ahearne2011 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:22 am

Been using Site 5. I highly recommend them

Post by JAY6390 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:27 am

I've recently moved to Web Fusion (UK based host). Their VPS rates are great and they have fantastic UK based support

Guru Member

Post by alaskaberries » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:08 am

I started with godaddy 7 years ago. I dumped them after 1 year. Horrible service and the speeds just kept dropping off. I have nothing good to say for godaddy except they have good commercials. I switched to inmotionhosting http://www.inmotionhosting.com/ and have not had one issue with them in many years. The customer support is top notch! My site speed has never ever slowed down. I have nothing but praise for this company and highly recommend them for people in the USA.

Post by JAY6390 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:15 am

I've never heard anyone say godaddy hosting is good to be honest. I doubt even their staff think so :laugh:

Guru Member

Post by Theaciko » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:11 pm

go for bluehost..its quite good...customer service is really good :):)

Post by TipTip » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:23 am

I have checked the 6 pages and found that no one mentioned my host provider which is siteground.com, they are really the best in terms of price ( $$9.95 per YEAR, Oh yes, you read it correctly, $$9.95 per year), excellent support, one click open cart installation, cPanel, Just amazing.

If you need web hosting, you can check out this special offer of my provider SiteGround ( to get the $9.95 per year, you MUST use this link)

http://www.siteground.com/friends.htm?r ... id=6906622

Or if you want, you can go to:

www.siteground.com and pay about $50 per year.

I'll keep the choice to you :laugh: :laugh:

Good Luck All.

OpenCart all the Way

Post by cwswebdesign » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:30 am

I have to say WebHostingBuzz.com is the best I've worked with. I used LunarPages for awhile and thought they were great, however, the response time was getting longer and longer. I've been with this company for 4+ months with no outages and all of my emails have been answered in less than 30 minutes. Site speed is awesome and they've even been doing cPanel transfers (at no cost) for my new clients to get them onto my server. I think it's awesome!

I have a reseller account with them and couldn't be happier!

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by bobwhite » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:22 am

Guys,
Do you have any opinion about http://www.hostpapa.ca ? Are they good or bad?
Thanks,
Bob

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Hostpapa are pretty good. A client of mine uses them (though not for opencart) and their servers are pretty great

Guru Member