Post by rfollett » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:36 pm

Which would you choose and why?

Post by Johnathan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Neither -- my experience with clients that use either of them hasn't been great. I like InMotion Hosting; my experience using them has been very good.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by SXGuy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:36 am

Stay away from 1&1 at all costs.

never tried bluehost, but if they are like 1&1 id say well clear of them also.

Post by rfollett » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:10 pm

Can I ask why?

Post by Blue01z » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:29 pm

I have used both hosting companies, and I would say unless you own stock in any of those companies, TAKE YOUR HARD EARNED DOLLARS SOME WHERE ELSE! In my experience customer service has been lack luster. In the case of 1&1 when i tried to cancel, they gave me some outrageous instructions on how to cancel, and when I went thru all the hoops I will still being billed, so i called my credit card company and blocked the charge, and then 1&1 had the nerve to send me an email stating they would send my past due bill to a collection agency!

Keep in mind this was several years ago, but 1&1 has got to be the worst hosting company ever created. As for Bluehost, the technical support was lack luster. Long responses times (like 6+ hrs), and the occasional server down time made me leave Bluehost.

Honestly spend your money else where, If your the type that never requires a little help then these companies will perform, but if your planing on doing anything like OpenCart... find a company who is interested in actually helping you out (ie. SSL + dedicated IP, figuring out stuff like daily back ups, or migrating databases).

Post by Al1x » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:24 pm

I'd steer clear of 1&1 too.

I was with them for 2 years then tried to cancel but they continued taking direct debit. Even after phoning them up to get the direct debits stopped they still sent me invoices and then send a letter saying they were going to take me to court for money owed to them! (I didn't even have a website through them at this point!) I'm forever hearing of people in the same situation with them.

Can't comment on the other company though.

http://www.kpautocarparts.co.uk

Location - UK

Post by botonakis » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:52 am

Neither.
Get your VPS for 7,20€  per month. The best solution. PM for more information.

Location - Athens, Greece

Post by John7 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:06 pm

rfollett wrote:Which would you choose and why? Image
Happy with Bluehost had problems with 1and1.

Post by pmw » Wed May 15, 2013 1:50 am

I love blue hosting, but currently i'm using justhost. I think justhost is the best because of its amazing features and special offers.

http://www.projectmanagementwatch.com/

pmw

Location - Lahore

Post by cusabio1 » Wed May 15, 2013 3:34 pm

rfollett wrote:Which would you choose and why?
I'd steer clear of 1&1. 8)

Location - New York

Post by merry » Sat May 18, 2013 8:33 am

I have direct experience with both web hosts and have to say neither. Any time I had a customer who used either I moved them to another site or refused to take their job. (luckily I write full time now and don't have to worry about clients lol)

I have used and recommended Hostgator for several years now, they are a world-class host for any kind of business.

Merry

Most answers are from my OpenCart 1.5 User Manual CURRENT TO 1.5.5.1 and includes free updates.
FREE HELP! 60-page user guide with OpenCart Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Install Guide & 30 Minute QuickStart Guide: http://showmeguides.com/

Location - Mexico and sometimes Texas