Post by openmycart.com » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:14 am

openmycart.com wrote:I also have been a victim, but why no action? btw if he's from Indonesia can you provide proof to me? I want to explore this, if in fact stronger may be reported to the police.
Qphoria wrote:
We just did take action, unfortunately it happened before this new validation process was in place. If he's from indonesia there is nothing to report to the police as the gov't either doesn't care or doesn't have the resources to stop it.
when I ask you more specific then you just punish only globally, you do dare to mention one name e.g Indonesia, Nigeria or the other, how could you know that? you just accuse globally, many countries had always been in the black list by paypal and now many of these countries are bleached, because they realize the black list as a whole had caused a few people is not ideal. where there are too many evil crimes even big ones come from any country, all the scammers, spammers, hackers and criminals exist in all directions. I also frequently read news scammers, hackers, etc.. in modern countries is very damaging, why not punish the country? The fertility field-doer even from modern/developed countries, namely by making e.g. the off shore hosting, etc say Dutch, Germany, etc. they have a stake in helping the crime, but I did not hear preformance. how do you know that if from Indonesia or from another country it's useless to report it? what do you know about the legal developments in other countries? Could you mention it? of course you can not. imagine if you suppose the country has a population of 300 million and caused perhaps 100 or 1000 peoples and then you block transactions of tens millions of others. This is not how the business goes and not also the workings of informatics and technology.
but that is created is its prevention, and if there are players tracked until it is necessary to detail, and then reported to the authorities

Find and get many various of opencart modules, themes, mods, etc for your opencart store at http://www.openmycart.com/oc/, OPENCART SITE customization and Maintenance supports at here


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:47 am


Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:51 am

ok so what is your point.. so I'm a bit quick to blame a country or two.. yes there can be more countries. What do you want to know? You want information on the guy that bought one of your modules with a hijacked paypal account before this new validation step was added? Daniel might have that information.

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by robster » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 am

Come on chaps - this cannot become personal.

It is a fact that (here in the UK anyway) we are swamped with scams from Nigeria, etc. (not too sure about Indonesia). eBay and other massive ecommerce trading businesses (and I would assume knowledgable about these things) are constantly warning us not to risk dealing with these countries. However this is not a personal attack on any individuals. There are 1000s of bad guys here in the UK and I am sure the USA (and hundreds of other commercial countries) just as eager to screw you over.

The key is to be sensible and vigilant regardless of the country involved.
Last edited by robster on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

I know my place...!


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:08 pm
Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by openmycart.com » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Qphoria wrote:ok so what is your point.. so I'm a bit quick to blame a country or two.. yes there can be more countries. What do you want to know? You want information on the guy that bought one of your modules with a hijacked paypal account before this new validation step was added? Daniel might have that information.
My point was clear, the loss that I felt would nothing compared to what you experienced, not because I am a victim, but because I feel the crime should be fought, but do not accuse globally if the culprit is only a little. I've made posts that call on Indonesian communities to fight it at http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=25547, there are many people who meant well there, and do not deserve prisoner. This is only good intentions and sincerity in preventing from me, is not that what you expect? if yes means we must do it together. here Indonesia occupies the number 3 or 4 biggest, and the forum was created, so whether it be on the block? if in block transactions are and then why allowed to visit and why the forum created? just block everything include for people who also condemned the innocent.

if there is specific evidence that more is better. but my point above is a more important

Find and get many various of opencart modules, themes, mods, etc for your opencart store at http://www.openmycart.com/oc/, OPENCART SITE customization and Maintenance supports at here


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:47 am


Post by qahar » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:05 pm

I'm sure Qphoria do not mean to say that all Indonesian people doing it, and in my opinion, he did not say that.
Just like robster say, the key is to be sensible and vigilant regardless of the country involved.
The best way is improving the system so no one will feel disadvantaged, either buyer nor developer, as far as possible.

User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:24 pm
Location - Indonesia

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:54 pm

qahar wrote:I'm sure Qphoria do not mean to say that all Indonesian people doing it, and in my opinion, he did not say that.
Yes! Every indonesian person! When they are born they immediately try to grab the doctor's wallet to get their credit card numbers, that is where it starts! :joker:

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by robster » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:02 pm

Oh dear God Q.............. Ever fancied a job in diplomatic corps. Perhaps interntional relations.... ;D

I know my place...!


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:08 pm
Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:30 pm

Sure!
Me: "Nice to meet you mr prime minister of indonesia... I have left all my credit cards at home... sorry"
PMofI: "Damn... you were my next meal ticket keeping this gov't running. Now I've got to hop online and steal one"

Image
Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones
Image


User avatar
Administrator

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by i2Paq » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:44 am

Qphoria wrote:Sure!
Me: "Nice to meet you mr prime minister of indonesia... I have left all my credit cards at home... sorry"
PMofI: "Damn... you were my next meal ticket keeping this gov't running. Now I've got to hop online and steal one"
Qphoria, Is your watch still on your wrist? ;D

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by bajaber » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:23 am

openmycart.com wrote:
Qphoria wrote:ok so what is your point.. so I'm a bit quick to blame a country or two.. yes there can be more countries. What do you want to know? You want information on the guy that bought one of your modules with a hijacked paypal account before this new validation step was added? Daniel might have that information.
My point was clear, the loss that I felt would nothing compared to what you experienced, not because I am a victim, but because I feel the crime should be fought, but do not accuse globally if the culprit is only a little. I've made posts that call on Indonesian communities to fight it at http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=25547, there are many people who meant well there, and do not deserve prisoner. This is only good intentions and sincerity in preventing from me, is not that what you expect? if yes means we must do it together. here Indonesia occupies the number 3 or 4 biggest, and the forum was created, so whether it be on the block? if in block transactions are and then why allowed to visit and why the forum created? just block everything include for people who also condemned the innocent.

if there is specific evidence that more is better. but my point above is a more important
Come on man...as much as I want to defend Indonesia (my uncle,cousins & lots of other relatves are staying in Tanah Abang and Jln Petamburan btw, and I lived there too) I know it will be futile. I get sms scam from Indonesia numbers every week. And I wouldn't be surprised if Malaysia was soon added in the list since the assholes from Nigeria are moving here and scamming people from here. The numbers don't lie. We, from the third world countries, know it. And don't give that bullshit about making police reports. Indonesia is one of the most corrupt countries in the world (but still not as corrupt as my country of citizenship). There is no way in hell that you are gonna report a 10 dollar theft online and expect action when you have people like Baashir going in and out of prison as they please. Maybe when proper cyberlaws are introduced then you can do something. Maybe if both the seller and the conman are from Indonesia, then if you have the right connections you can do something. And by something, I think you know what I mean. Hint : it involves money.

Anyway, please...just drop it. They have every right to be concerned and whether we like it or not, since the profit margin is very small, and losing 50 dollars is not a small amount to them. The further you take it, the more mocking statements you are going to see.

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Post by openmycart.com » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:13 am

bajaber wrote: Come on man...as much as I want to defend Indonesia (my uncle,cousins & lots of other relatves are staying in Tanah Abang and Jln Petamburan btw, and I lived there too) I know it will be futile. I get sms scam from Indonesia numbers every week. And I wouldn't be surprised if Malaysia was soon added in the list since the assholes from Nigeria are moving here and scamming people from here. The numbers don't lie. We, from the third world countries, know it. And don't give that bullshit about making police reports. Indonesia is one of the most corrupt countries in the world (but still not as corrupt as my country of citizenship). There is no way in hell that you are gonna report a 10 dollar theft online and expect action when you have people like Baashir going in and out of prison as they please. Maybe when proper cyberlaws are introduced then you can do something. Maybe if both the seller and the conman are from Indonesia, then if you have the right connections you can do something. And by something, I think you know what I mean. Hint : it involves money.
I honestly do not know you, what are talking about here I do not even understand it, in fact what is your country? what is your business? as you said like this:
Anyway, please ... just drop it. They have every right to be Concerned and whether We like it or not, since the profit margin is very small, and losing 50 dollars is not a small amount to them. The Further you take it, the more mocking statements you are going to see.
Do you think that I also do not have the interest like others to explain it? then why did you suddenly come up with no clear direction? I do not want to argue with your rebuttal. I believe this is of no concern in the name of the country, and you are wrong, now there are UU ITE whether you know about it, it has brought rapid of law development, I here propose a good solution, do preventive measures. I do not defend anyone who is wrong, if there are actors explore the extent possible, do not as your question whether it is necessary or not (if you don't care how to explore the culprit don't say any bullshit to me anymore). now if I said I would report it if I had proof, now provide that evidence to me, that's what matters.
did you know that millions of Indonesian peoples buy domain hosting, and other items from abroad, mostly from the U.S., spending on average use paypal, if they have to block everything only caused a few people? NO..NOTHING

so you do not talk about how to handle it, it's just the attitude of the people who easily give up

Find and get many various of opencart modules, themes, mods, etc for your opencart store at http://www.openmycart.com/oc/, OPENCART SITE customization and Maintenance supports at here


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:47 am


Post by bajaber » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:51 am

Cant' blame you...Your English sucks.

And hosting...that's coz all the hosting in Indonesia is shit.

Indonesia - conning people since 1997 (http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/scams.htm )

Even heads of state (http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/con ... say/278189)

Let me know if you need more.

You are corrupt. Everybody knows it. And that is passed on to your citizens. I mean, from the day yo were born...probably even your birth certificate had to be issued by bribing. Me? I am too embarassed to mention my country of nationality. We are top 10 in the world in corruption. In fact, until recently, we were top 3. But unlike you, I don't pretend it's heaven.
Last edited by bajaber on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Post by bajaber » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:04 am

Qphoria wrote:Sure!
Me: "Nice to meet you mr prime minister of indonesia... I have left all my credit cards at home... sorry"
PMofI: "Damn... you were my next meal ticket keeping this gov't running. Now I've got to hop online and steal one"
Just saw this. LOOL.

3 heads of state are flying on a round the world trip.

French : I think we just passed over France.
Others : Why?
French : Coz I can smell the perfume.

Egyptian : I think we are over Egypt.
Others : Why?
Egyptian : I can see the pyramids

Indonesian : I think we just passed over Indonesia.
Others : Why?
Indon...: My watch just disappeared.

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Post by openmycart.com » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:38 pm

bajaber wrote:Cant' blame you...Your English sucks.

And hosting...that's coz all the hosting in Indonesia is shit.

Indonesia - conning people since 1997 (http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/scams.htm )

Even heads of state (http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/con ... say/278189)

Let me know if you need more.

You are corrupt. Everybody knows it. And that is passed on to your citizens. I mean, from the day yo were born...probably even your birth certificate had to be issued by bribing. Me? I am too embarassed to mention my country of nationality. We are top 10 in the world in corruption. In fact, until recently, we were top 3. But unlike you, I don't pretend it's heaven.
so what is Your country? Malaysia then? so you were Malaysian. not only the hosting-domain but other goods also Indonesia still more spending than in Malaysia from abroad by using the online payment, it's the fact, you will fail to deny it

You're wrong I do not deny that my country never corrupted, Indonesia in year below of 2005 had the 2-3 the most corrupt and most scammers in the world. but definitely step by step now Indonesia has come out often from the top 10 most corrupt and most scammed. it is because we continue to fight from time to time, it's a lot of change, because our mind is how to combat it, not like the way you are giving up on the circumstances. you collect links like that, well of course a lot, to any country if you are looking for something like that would be much, but you're not balanced you forget that there are many who convey news developments. so your character is just to punish rather than help. so at the end you interfere with that none of your business.

Find and get many various of opencart modules, themes, mods, etc for your opencart store at http://www.openmycart.com/oc/, OPENCART SITE customization and Maintenance supports at here


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:47 am


Post by bajaber » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:33 pm

openmycart.com wrote: You're wrong I do not deny that my country never corrupted, Indonesia in year below of 2005 had the 2-3 the most corrupt and most scammers in the world
Thanks. Am glad we agree.
openmycart.com wrote: so what is Your country? Malaysia then? so you were Malaysian.
Holy crap, No!
openmycart.com wrote: also Indonesia still more spending than in Malaysia from abroad by using the online payment, it's the fact, you will fail to deny it
Wtf? Why would I deny it? Stop introducing irrelevant points to an already irrelevant argument.

The point raised is that people have to be cautious when dealing with Indonesians online because of your history of freaking conmen. What's the problem with that? You think if you come here and post your half English - half stupid comments people will suddenly forget that you were conning people 5 years ago? What are you saying...all those conmen are in jail or dead? No...once a thief, always a thief. Give it 50 years (and hope the rest of you were educated not to follow conmen) and maybe those who were conning will be dead. Just like services are improving anti-conning measures , the conmen are becoming more sophisticated. See here, untraceable. http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Paypal ... 0&start=45

Point is...there is nothing wrong with warning people. You can come here and warn people to be cautious about US, UK, etc, and if you have evidence, they will take heed. Worst case, they will just ignore. No one will say anything. Everybody likes to be warned on what/who to be cautious with. The problem is when some asshole takes it personally and thinks it's directed at them because of bias. Wtf?

Why are you getting so emotional about your country? Is it because of this? Your fellow countryman http://rimafauzi.com/blogs/?p=1878

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Post by bajaber » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:04 pm

openmycart.com wrote:so what is wrong if I had to explain? that in fact Indonesia has changed step by step and day by day we do not look back but we will continue striving to combat the crime are important, you manage your country which you admit is now the number 3 most corrupt.
What's wrong????? What's wrong is that we don't know what you explained. That's what. You create a problem, and try to give yourself a solution? What did you explain? Nothing...You copy pasted your Indonesian in Google translate and gave us the translation here. You post nonsense here that hardly anybody understands and wants to have a decent conversation?

Wtf is
"The fertility field-doer" ?
"if there are actors explore the extent possible, do not as your question whether it is necessary or not " Huh????
"you forget that there are many who convey news developments."

??????

Did you even read what you were posting?

Am guessing you are saying "yes, Indonesia had scammers, but now we are better". Yeah, but we don't care, get it? We just want people to be cautious. You hear a place has pickpockets, you don't go there with thousands in your pocket. You take precautions. There will always be a few remaining no matter what improvements you make. It takes ages to shake off a reputation. So what is wrong with taking precautions? That's my point.

Sadly, until now we don't know what is your point. Q asked you what exactly do you want? Yes, he mentioned Nigeria and Indonesia, so? You don't want people to mention that? Or what? Yes, there are other countries, you can mention them. Feel free.

New member

Posts

Joined
Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:08 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests