Post by bhar » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:42 pm

Do you thing having lots of back links will help your store rank higher and increase your stores traffic.

Post by tacobandito » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:50 pm

It depends if the back links are "quality" as far as Google is concerned. If a back link is coming from a traffic-devoid website on page 3 of it's post a comment section, it's going to at a minimum not help you, and possibly hurt you. That said, if it comes from a website of quality, then yeah it'll absolutely help.

[module] PayPal Pro w/Recurring Profiles FREE
[module] 1 Click "Amazon Style" Checkout w/PayPal Pro FREE
[module] Adjustable PayPal Pro Fee FREE
[module] Add Sample To Cart LITE FREE
The guide to fixing just about everything wrong with OpenCart FREE!
Add INFINITE SCROLL to your homepage for FREE!
Live update product price for FREE!
Dynamic generation of Opencart coupon, FREE!
Hire me

Location - Springfield, MA

Post by labeshops » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:24 am

Check out the beginners guide to seo here at http://moz.com/learn/seo - they have some great info to get you started.

One of the quickest/easiest ways I've found for backlinking is by creating a google+ page and adding links to your store.

You might also want to check out the thread I started on seo and opencart http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80716

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by bhar » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:33 am

tacobandito wrote:It depends if the back links are "quality" as far as Google is concerned. If a back link is coming from a traffic-devoid website on page 3 of it's post a comment section, it's going to at a minimum not help you, and possibly hurt you. That said, if it comes from a website of quality, then yeah it'll absolutely help.

Ok what if I wanted to make a page called friends or backlinks or what ever and asked a bunch of stores and bloggers in my industry to trade links and we all post those links to are friends page/ backlink page, would I still need to comb out the weaker or traffic-devoid websites.

on the backlink page it would basically point to the other persons home page and I woild have a link on my footer saying friend list or something like a back link , team page.

would it hurt to have something like that ?

Post by tacobandito » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:08 am

bhar wrote:
tacobandito wrote:It depends if the back links are "quality" as far as Google is concerned. If a back link is coming from a traffic-devoid website on page 3 of it's post a comment section, it's going to at a minimum not help you, and possibly hurt you. That said, if it comes from a website of quality, then yeah it'll absolutely help.

Ok what if I wanted to make a page called friends or backlinks or what ever and asked a bunch of stores and bloggers in my industry to trade links and we all post those links to are friends page/ backlink page, would I still need to comb out the weaker or traffic-devoid websites.

on the backlink page it would basically point to the other persons home page and I woild have a link on my footer saying friend list or something like a back link , team page.

would it hurt to have something like that ?
Link directories are now frowned upon and penalized by google. Not that it's not possible to get a great ranked link directory, but if you're having trouble with your current website... this is not the solution for you.

[module] PayPal Pro w/Recurring Profiles FREE
[module] 1 Click "Amazon Style" Checkout w/PayPal Pro FREE
[module] Adjustable PayPal Pro Fee FREE
[module] Add Sample To Cart LITE FREE
The guide to fixing just about everything wrong with OpenCart FREE!
Add INFINITE SCROLL to your homepage for FREE!
Live update product price for FREE!
Dynamic generation of Opencart coupon, FREE!
Hire me

Location - Springfield, MA

Post by signupforseo » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:50 pm

In SEO of website its required that back links are created with this you are unable to bring traffic and keywords on top..

Post by whomeis » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:52 pm

I heard link exchange is also not accepted by Google. I think a safe option is to create your shop profile on social media sites, and link from them. Its at least natural.

Post by cliftonhardwoode18 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:37 am

It really depends on how you make your backlinks, google changed their algorithm on how backlinking will be because most of the people abused link building and they are just doing a massive spam just to rank their website. Just a suggestion for backlinking make social media profile for you store or shop also make a blog for your business and make high quality contents. Link exchange is still effective but make sure that the site has a high domain authority and page rank and also do an infographics. Brand your website carefully, this is just a short suggestion hope this will help.

Post by LishaZen » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:38 pm

SEO can help increase the rank of your website in Google. However, it often takes time like months or even years.

Lisha