Post by matthewbaynham » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:32 pm

My shop is not live yet, I am looking for a payment processing company. I think it'll take about a month to get approval from a Credit Card processing company, so I was thinking of going with PayPal to start with and then once my approval has been processed I would like move away from PayPal.

I know PayPal have a reputation of blocking merchants accounts and taking all their money for 180 days for no apparent reason. So I definitely don't want to be using PayPal any longer than I have to.

I'm thinking about the invoicing.

I'm assuming the invoicing comes from the payment providers side of things, is that right?

If I start out with PayPal and then afterwards move over to another payment provider when how would the invoicing migrate, because I know the invoicing has to have invoice numbers that are incremented from 1 without any missing numbers. (I'm in Germany the incrementing numbers is how things work here.)

What else do I need to consider when planning what I'm going to do?

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:37 pm

I think OSWorx over at the German forum section will have more details about an extension pack which adjusts OpenCart to the legal EU requirements.

As regards payment methods: You may also want to consider the 'Bank Transfer' as a temporary solution, too, in addition to PayPal.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by johnp » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:39 pm

Paypal sends a receipt. Opencart can send an invoice if you chose to generate one. I've got several clients using Opencart and I don't think any have ever used the invoice feature.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK