Post by tonia.h1 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:11 am

Hello all,
I am experiencing some problems with Paypal recently.
99.9% of orders from the shop are booked correctly through Paypal, but one or two are booked without VAT being added at all.
The Shop is based in Germany and all the orders that do not include VAT are from Germany, so it shouldn't/can't be a geozone problem.
The orders in Opencart are all correct, VAT is added to the order both in the backend and the both the customer and admin notification email.

I can’t figure out why this is so, does anyone have a similar problem?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:16 am

Posted in wrong forum section, no OC version posted. Forum rules.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by tonia.h1 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Hello again,
I am still experiencing some problems with Opencart/Paypal.
99% of orders are booked correctly through Paypal, but several were booked through Paypal (Standard) without VAT being added.
The Shop is based in Germany and all the orders that did not include VAT in Paypal were made from Germany, so it shouldn't/can't be a geozone problem.
The incorrect orders in Opencart backend are all correct, VAT is added and both the customer and admin notification email are also correct, just Paypal is wrong.

I can’t figure out why this is, does anyone have a similar problem?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Using Opencart 3.0.2.0
Shop:moby-softbaits.de

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:15 pm

Could be a success with warning response from PayPal when completing the transaction during checkout. One way to find out is by using the debug mode with PayPal standard from your extension payment module and set your site under maintenance to pull the results from your OC logs.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON