Post by OC2PS » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:40 am

I would like to donate this code to OpenCart core as it is useful for many people.

I have already submitted a pull request (meaning submitted the code to core team).

Please vote at http://opencart.uservoice.com/forums/52 ... e-you-save to encourage the core team to include my code (this feature) in OpenCart core.
If you are running any promotions (Specials in OpenCart parlance), then it is a great idea to tell the customers not only what the regular and special prices are, but also what they are saving.

Following the example of Amazon, this extension add a savings notice "You save: $x (y%)" below the price on product page.
savescreen.JPG

savescreen.JPG (35.18 KiB) Viewed 16799 times

Because this is a vQmod, no core files are touched, and the changes should carry over to the next version.

I hope you enjoy this extension. If you'd like to donate, please click on the Donate button in my signature.

Requirements
  1. This is a vQmod for Opencart. Hence you need Opencart (tested on 1.5.3.1) and vQmod (tested on 2.1.7) preinstalled. Opencart is available at http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... d/download and vQmod is available at http://code.google.com/p/vqmod/downloads/list
  2. This vQmod is made for the Default theme. Hence you should have the default theme as the active theme for this to work. While you can very easily modify this for other themes, the out-of-the-box support is only for Default theme. If you don't know how, and need me to do paid customization, please PM me
Installation

Upload the contents of the uploads folder to your shop's root folder.

Styling

You can change what the savings notice looks like by adding you-save class to your stylesheet.css e.g.

Code: Select all

.you-save {color:red;}
Multilingual

If you have a non English language installed, you need to edit the file

catalog/language/yourlanguage/product/product.php
Find

// Entry
Add before

$_['text_yousave']        = 'You save:';
(obviously translate "You save:" to your language)

Extension page: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=8319

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by i2Paq » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:50 pm

There are already several FREE extensions that does this ;)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by OC2PS » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:52 pm

Damn! I'm really bad at searching it seems.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by i2Paq » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:54 pm

OC2PS wrote:Damn! I'm really bad at searching it seems.
;D

Ask me next time ;)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by phreakp » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:09 am

Hi, First of all thanks for a really awesome extension!

I'm using a custom theme. What do I need to modify so that this extension works? Do I need to edit the product template for the theme?

Thanks!

Post by faizanmemon786 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:17 pm

mod is not working... i m using shoppica v2 theme.. OC v1.5.3.1
can any1 help me plz...

Post by OC2PS » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:53 pm

faizanmemon786 wrote:not working... shoppica v2
as the documentation says, this extension is written for the Dwfault theme.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by htwp » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:17 pm

I have a problem with this extension.I managed to make the translation to my country and replace the default theme with mine.Everything works ok except when i add one more item of the same product the price remains the same.eg
1 product cost 45,00€ with the "save" costs 40,00€ so you save 5,00 € 11%. When i choose 2 products it says:
cost 90,00€ with the "save" costs 80,00€ you save (again) 5,00€ 11%. The price of the save remains the same.How can i updated.I think something is inside the xml code to add.Thank you in advance

Post by OC2PS » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:40 pm

htwp wrote:1 product cost 45,00€ with the "save" costs 40,00€ so you save 5,00 € 11%. When i choose 2 products it says: cost 90,00€ with the "save" costs 80,00€ you save (again) 5,00€ 11%.
That's not true.

Here's why: This extension applies to the product page. Irrespective of what number you put in quantity, the price does not change. So neither does the saving.

So, irrespective of whether you put 1 product or 2 or 5, the price remains 45,00€ in OpenCart - price is the rate at which an item sells. So this extension also shows saving based on the price and the special price.

Seems what you are after is something that works in the shopping cart, and so changes "Totals" (not prices). That is not an unreasonable request, but is just not what this extension is designed to do. Nor is such a function planned for this extension.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by htwp » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:48 pm

OC2PS wrote:
htwp wrote:1 product cost 45,00€ with the "save" costs 40,00€ so you save 5,00 € 11%. When i choose 2 products it says: cost 90,00€ with the "save" costs 80,00€ you save (again) 5,00€ 11%.
That's not true.

Here's why: This extension applies to the product page. Irrespective of what number you put in quantity, the price does not change. So neither does the saving.

So, irrespective of whether you put 1 product or 2 or 5, the price remains 45,00€ in OpenCart - price is the rate at which an item sells. So this extension also shows saving based on the price and the special price.

Seems what you are after is something that works in the shopping cart, and so changes "Totals" (not prices). That is not an unreasonable request, but is just not what this extension is designed to do. Nor is such a function planned for this extension.
Thank you very much for your quick answer.
Do you have any vqmod suggestion to buy...anything in your mind is welcome.

Post by onaturale » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi, I downloaded this module which had folder - upload - vqmod - xml with xml document of which i uploaded through my cpanel to public_html/vqmod/xml/ where the xml document is uploaded...
Firstly please excuse my ignorance :o :-[ , but I am not an IT boffin and am slowly learning, my site is live public and have product on special and it is in the default
is this the right route???

If it is then nothing has happened as it does not show percentage of savings or even savings..!!!! ???
please can you advise me of what I should do to get this to work and bearing in mind my learning to do this type of thing please can you tell me in really basic terms HOW???!!!
Any assistance is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance..

Post by onaturale » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:39 pm

I am at a loss as I have uploaded this xml document to public_html/vqmod/xml/ through my cpanel and nothing has happened!!! ??? My setting is on default but it does not show "you save" or a percentage when I have placed specials.
I apologize in advance as I am not an IT boffin and am slowly learning how to do this to try and get my business off the ground... :-[ .
Firstly have i placed it in the right place???? :-\
And if I have is there anything else I am supposed to do????? ???
In light of my inexperience could someone please advise me on how to get this going and I thank you in advance for your patience as I ask for explanations in the most basic terms step by step... :-[

Please help

Graham

Post by OC2PS » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:45 pm

onaturale wrote:public_html/vqmod/xml/
This is the correct place IF your OpenCart is installed in public_html (as opposed to, say, public_html/shop).

You need to have:
  1. vQmod already installed
  2. Default theme as the active theme

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by onaturale » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:16 am

Hi
Yes I have default as the theme but still no change or am i looking at wrong place, where do i look to check default theme??

Post by OC2PS » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:35 am

System > Settings > {Edit Store} > Store
In Template dropdown, select Default.

Also, do you have vQmod installed? http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40987

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by onaturale » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi
Yes I have set it at default and yes I have vqmod installed and on vqmod manager have installed and enabled.. I have other extensions that use vqmod such as visitor tracker which are working well....

Post by OC2PS » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:17 pm

In that case you have a conflicting extension modifying the product page.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by onaturale » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:31 pm

The error log indicates the following error related to you save and repeated several times:

---------- Date: 2012-10-22 18:05:53 ~ IP : 219.89.125.186 ----------
REQUEST URI : /admin/index.php?route=module/vqmod_manager&token=8b1df41e4863f16ef015f9119799c65c
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /home/onatura2/public_html/vqmod/xml/you-save.xml
id : @tik Savings Note
version : 1
vqmver : 2.1.7
author : OC2PS
Could not resolve path for [catalog/language/hungarian/product/product.php] (SKIPPED)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the problem and how can I rectify this

Post by OC2PS » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:35 pm

onaturale wrote:The error log indicates the following error
This is not a problem. It's just a warning message. If this file is not found, the extension just skips and moves to next modification. It should not create any functionality issues at all.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by thepaladin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:29 am

Hi there,
I have a problem i have installed tik-you-save-1-1 extension (vqmod) because i wanted to display (in percent %) how much money they save after an online buy.

e.g.
So if someone buys pack and lets say something costs 100 € with 15% save pay only 85€ if they add options: pack two + 50€, pay only 127,5€ the display is 135€ see only 15% to 100€ more 50€, must show 15% of € 150 = 127€

Can you do something?

Location - Italy