Post by MaxD » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:45 am

This package is to strip (or better say hide) some parts of OpenCart functionality, that you don't need.
This makes shop usage & management more clear, especially for dummies. Unnecessary options are not seen, letting to focus at important ones.

-----------------------------------------------
Demo admin: http://OpenShop.org.ua/demo/stripper/admin
Demo frontend: http://OpenShop.org.ua/demo/stripper
-----------------------------------------------

Package consist of parts:
- No Accounts
- No Advanced Product Features (Options, Discounts, Specials, Rewards, Vouchers and custom design)
- No Affiliates
- No Downloads
- No VAT
- No Shipping
- No Stock
- No Model
- No Multistore
- No Wishlist and Compare
- No Cart

You can use them in any combination. Just copy the desired xml files to /vqmod/xml folder. For digital products shop consider using all parts at once (except No Downloads and No Accounts).

Download it here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Mod is part of OpenShop project: friendly store solution

The reason I'm writing here is simple. I invite everyone to publish his own "strips" so we can get them all together for OpenCart glory!
Last edited by MaxD on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cartless (free) - "buy" button instead of "add to cart"
Stripper (free) - strip parts of OpenCart

Post by MaxD » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Updated with some fixes. "No Multistore" strip added.

Post by MaxD » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm

Updated with bug fixes.

New parts added:
- No Accounts
- No Affiliates
- No Downloads

Post by Jgetc » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:39 am

Hello MaxD, Can you do this for me?
I want "Download" to exist close to "BUY" button in both product and product category pages of my store. when costumers buy my digital products, i want my store to auto-generate a download code and send it in the order confirmation email along with the product as attachment ( when the order reaches "complete status" ). i want a situation where my users can comeback to my store and download a product they've bought by entering the download code and clicking download ( there should be a "textbox" with "download button" to do this). As for the buy button, i want my users to be directed straight to checkout when the click buy ( and step 1 should be stripped off. so they should go directly to step2 i.e checkout should be guest only but step 1 should not be displayed at all). And i dont want my users to create account, so there should not be an option to register or login in the checkout page, they should be shown a form to input their personal details, Payment details and payment method and then " Confirm order" or "Submit Order".

Post by MaxD » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:01 pm

That sounds overcomlicated.

Take a look at PayPal Digital and LAZY2 Checkout. They both are excellent for digital products checkout.

Post by straightlight » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:27 am

Hi MaxD,

Two errors found on: admin/view/template/setting/setting.tpl file (v1.5.6x releases).

No match found for lines:

Code: Select all

<h2><?php echo $text_affiliate; ?></h2>
on No-Affiliates.xml and No-Stock.xml file.

One error found on: admin/view/template/catalog/product_list.tpl file.

<br />[ <a href="<?php echo $action['downloads']; ?>"><?php if (!isset($product_downloads)) $product_downloads='Downloads'; echo $product_downloads; ?></a> ]
on No-Downloads.xml file.

One error found on: catalog/language/english/checkout/success.php file.

$_['text_customer'] = '<p>Your order <a href="%s">#%s</a> has been successfully processed!</p><p>You can view your order history by going to the <a href="%s">my account</a> page and by clicking on <a href="%s">history</a>.</p><p>If your purchase has an associated download, you can go to the account <a href="%s">downloads</a> page to view them.</p><p>Please direct any questions you have to the <a href="%s">store owner</a>.</p><p>Thanks for shopping with us online!</p>';
on No-Downloads.xml file.

These lines cannot be tracked.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON