Post by wroughtec » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:04 pm

I noticed that too any chance of an update to support modules as well as the product listing.

Cheers

Post by Qphoria » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:13 pm

product listing should already be correct. The only known issue is modules on the product page load up with the "Starting at" price instead of the normal price which I've not yet found a fix for.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by wroughtec » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Sorry I miss wrote was trying to say support modules like the product listing lol

Post by tophat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:15 am

tophat wrote:Thanks for this and also bought the module which is working all good.

Due to the way my page is styled, on other pages where it shows related products, the price appearing there has the full text of 'starting at £239' and unfortunately spills off the edge as there is no space.

Simple fix is to remove the pretext. Question I have would be to what line I delete?

Or, can this mod be altered to not show the 'starting at' text in this area of the website as I like it showing on the product itself.

Thanks,

[EDIT] - It now appears that some related products are showing a price of zero! A fix would be greatly appreciated.
Qphoria wrote:It is technically supposed to only show on the product page... i noticed that related products tend to get it too but not fully sure why... when I looked at it last I was tired so I'll take another look
Hi Qphoria,

I am just wondering if you'd had a chance to look at the issue again? My site and company is nearing completion (launching this weekend) and I've still got this bug to sort out which is causing problems with non descript prices showing blank which isn't helpful. I really need the plugin which I've worked to coincide with this mod so any help appreciated.

Am willing to pay if needed as its really important. Thanks.

Webmaster for: http://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk + www.mattressmoose.co.uk + www.pixellounge.co.uk

Post by tophat » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:27 am

Hi,

I've also just realised that the 'product filter' doesn't realise the values (prices) of each product now when viewing your catagory list. As they are set to zero I expect this is the problem.

Webmaster for: http://www.getlaidbeds.co.uk + www.mattressmoose.co.uk + www.pixellounge.co.uk

Post by saltsalty » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:55 am

Hi,

I am fairly new to opencart looking for some advice on how to install this mod, i have downloaded the xml and i guess this should go into the vqmod folder?

i have also bought and installed the OPTION PRICE UPDATE REDUX mod.

I am using version 1.5.2.1

Thanks

Post by tophat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:22 am

Hi,

Sorry to keep bringing up issues, however, it appears the prices now under featured on the home page are showing £0.00 but this is only on certain computers...!

[update] - The prices show as zero on the first visit. However, once refreshed and you go back onto the home page, they appear correctly. Some kind of caching issue I guess but I wouldn't know!

If you can please help me with this Q I am happy to pay/donate/contribute in some way as its a really important part of our website which I'm sure you can imagine is not ideal to show everything as free.

Many Thanks.

@saltsalty
The .xml file will go in the xml folder providing you have installed vqmod correctly.
Last edited by tophat on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by saltsalty » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:20 am

Thanks,

I think i installed it correctly because i have other vqmods intsalled,

When i leave the product price at zero when i click the opitions it does not update the prices not sure what i may have done wrong?

Post by tophat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:47 pm

I've managed to find an alternative solution to fix the issue I was having of £0.00 prices if anyone else is having a similar problem.

See this thread:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 13#p267213

I've also got this working with the 'Option Price Update' mod by qphoria.

Post by saltsalty » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi Thanks for you help,

I have tried that but got another error i have posted it on the threat

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 9&start=40

Thanks a lot.

Post by nerva » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:02 pm

tophat wrote:Hi,

[update] - The prices show as zero on the first visit. However, once refreshed and you go back onto the home page, they appear correctly. Some kind of caching issue I guess but I wouldn't know!
Hi Q,

I've noticed that prices on featured products are listed as 0 anytime on first visit, for example on a domain.com. But, if the link on address bar is like - domain.com/index.php?route=common/home (when you press home link) the prices are shown correctly any time. Maybe this is the bug in caching issue?

Nerva

Location - Macedonia

Post by Qphoria » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:18 am

nerva wrote: Hi Q,

I've noticed that prices on featured products are listed as 0 anytime on first visit, for example on a domain.com. But, if the link on address bar is like - domain.com/index.php?route=common/home (when you press home link) the prices are shown correctly any time. Maybe this is the bug in caching issue?

Nerva
Hmm I'll take a look

Administrator

Post by Jez D » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Morning,

I am using this (Price by Options) along with your Option Based Taxes.

The prices shown in the options dropdown do not include VAT (Tax), where tax is required for that option value.

Is there an update available that will do correct this?

Version 1.5.1.3

Jez D

Web Developer ( & Firefighter)
Web Development, Web Content Management, Mobile Web Design, Android Apps

www.webdesign-plus.co.uk

Location - United Kingdom

Post by tophat » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Jez D wrote:Morning,

I am using this (Price by Options) along with your Option Based Taxes.

The prices shown in the options dropdown do not include VAT (Tax), where tax is required for that option value.

Is there an update available that will do correct this?

Version 1.5.1.3

Jez D
From my experience, if you look at my method I ended up going (post thread above) it will work better overall on the website. By setting the base price in the product as opposed to zero, it will work and corrospond correctly accross the entire website, especially sale prices, google shopping prices, related products, prices in admin and so forth. Unfortunately the script here is limited (at present anyhow), with all respect to Q however!

Post by Jez D » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:36 pm

@tophat, Thanks for the reply. However, I'm not sure I made myself clear. My issue is not that prices are zero. The correct price is showing. The problem is that I need the prices in the options to include sales tax (known as VAT in UK)

Web Developer ( & Firefighter)
Web Development, Web Content Management, Mobile Web Design, Android Apps

www.webdesign-plus.co.uk

Location - United Kingdom

Post by tophat » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Hey,

I understand, but my point is that if your base prices are set to zero then maybe the vat figure is not calculating it accordingly as it can't read a figure. I may be misunderstanding you however.

Post by Qphoria » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Jez D wrote:@tophat, Thanks for the reply. However, I'm not sure I made myself clear. My issue is not that prices are zero. The correct price is showing. The problem is that I need the prices in the options to include sales tax (known as VAT in UK)
If your prices aren't zero, then you shouldn't need this mod at all.
Like tophat said, this was a quick mod for people who had the oscommerce mentality of "Price by options"
Whereby you set your main price to 0.00 and let your options handle the pricing. OpenCart doesn't work that way so it would show 0.00 for all pages outside of the product page and just looked wrong. So this mod would grab the lowest option price as use that in place of the 0.00

But if you have actual base prices for your products then you won't want this mod.

Administrator

Post by TechSitement » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Qphoria wrote: Product Page:
@Qphoria, I just purchased Option Price Update Redux & I love it! My question stems from your screen shot of the test product. How do you add the prefix "Starting at" before the price on option based items? Also, is there a way to add that prefix to the prices on the category page and any other places where the lowest price is shown? I don't want it store wide, but only on the products in one category where they all have the same price based options.
Thanks for the great mod!

Awali Art
Original Imported Fine Art
Store Front
Facebook
Twiter
YouTube

Post by saltsalty » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:58 pm

I am still having problems with this mod it says call for prices and doesnt allow add to cart i have been advised an xml is missing for oc 1.5.2.1 ???

Post by Qphoria » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Not sure what "Call for price" is.. I assume some other mod you have installed which is probably overriding this mod.

Administrator