Post by harryo40 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:10 pm

I found some code in the OC forum written by Kartoffelz who I have to thank for this ;) as it saved us a lot of time & did exactly what I wanted, so I have created this vQmod version so others can enjoy & use it with ease.
Download it here: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=4709

What does it do???
All this does is automatically copy the product & category 'Name' into the SEO Keyword fields, replacing any spaces, characters with a slash or dash ( - ).
If you then Tick Yes to 'Use SEO Url's' in Admin=>Settings, this will then show in your address bar as...
yourdomain.com/desktop/canon-eos-5d
instead of...
yourdomain.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=41

Add To Cart Confirm Ajax Popup for OC 1.5.1.3 --> 1.5.5.1 - Add to Cart Confirmation Popup
Image Map Banner Module - Image Map Banner Module
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Womens Famous Name Fashion Clothing at bargain prices - Next2nowt.com

Location - Blackburn, Lancashire

Post by Kartoffelz » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:15 pm

I love that his has been put in the VQmod. Hopefully this helps more people!

I would suggest that the code also does the same trick when editing - as I worked out in the original. Now it seems it only does the trick when a new product/category is added.

Location - The Netherlands

Post by harryo40 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:04 am

Kartoffelz wrote: I would suggest that the code also does the same trick when editing - as I worked out in the original. Now it seems it only does the trick when a new product/category is added.
If you look at the XML file for the vqmod, you will see that the code is exactly as you have written it & I have made no changes at all ;)

Add To Cart Confirm Ajax Popup for OC 1.5.1.3 --> 1.5.5.1 - Add to Cart Confirmation Popup

Post by Kartoffelz » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:16 pm

harryo40 wrote:If you look at the XML file for the vqmod, you will see that the code is exactly as you have written it & I have made no changes at all ;)
True. But I left a note about that:
Now, be noted that once you edit a products name and the URl-alias has already been created, it will NOT use the seoURL-function. I would highly recommend adding the seoURL-function IF something has been specified for categories or products. It takes away your 'freedom' of using custom made SEO-keywords, but it will always provide you a proper and related URL-alias. I've applied this for myself, since I don't want to struggle filling in this inputfield all the time. So the code of category.php shows for me:
Would it be possible giving the users the option to choice what they want? Or simply force them; once installed SEO-keywords will be automatically generated.

Location - The Netherlands

Post by danuel » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 am

I think another extension by name of "Autofill SEO field (vQmod)" may allow editing the keywords ... I have not tested. Let us know if it works.
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=2824

Post by harryo40 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:15 am

This very easy but effective mod simply auto fills in the seo keywords with the same as what you product 'name' is & each word is seperated with a '-' but, it only auto fills the seo keywords in if that box is left empty when adding a new product. If you chose to put your own seo keywords in, it does not auto create them.

Post by FTW » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:00 am

Hi, is it possible to add the product model in the seo keyword??

FTW

Post by hamidg84 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:12 am

Hi,

I have installed this module but encountering little problem. When i manually add new category and products, seo keyword is filled automatically which is what i want but when import items from csv file, seo field is not filled automatically.

I have thousands of products and it's not possible to manually enter them.. is there any solution?

Thanks

Post by Ginger » Mon May 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi, will it work for 1.5.2.1?

Post by nhadep496 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:12 am

Hi, will it work for 1.5.2.1?

Post by djiz » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:45 am

Hello thank you for this vqmod overall this works perfectly fine only thing I found out that it does is that on the categories and sub categories the seo link has spaces on them it does not put a - it has spaces is their a way to make this work for categories?