Post by r-win » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:54 pm

As far as I know, it's not really possible to have static pages in the top menu. Of course, all depends with the theme you choose, but I just wanted to be able to use the information page editor to create static pages, which are shown next to the categories. Just as if they are, in fact, a category.

I've created this vQmod to do that. Just place this file in your xml directory. If you have a different language then English, you'll have to add a language string to either this mod, or to "admin/language/<yourlanguage>/catalog/information.php, with the name $_['entry_show_in_menu']. The English string for this variable is "Show in main menu".

After applying this mod, go to Categories->Information Pages. On the 2nd tab, there should be an extra checkbox. If checked, the information page will show up in the main menu. If unchecked, they'll show up where they used to be.

The Opencart version for which this module was built is 1.5.1.2

Post by Eva30 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:01 pm

hi, thank you for this one!
only one think, i can see info on top menu, but i can`t see check box in the back office, any idea?

OC1.5.1.2

Post by BryanWiz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:32 am

This is EXACTLY what I seeking. Where does this file get placed? I tried a few places I felt logical, but I must be missing it. :( My client wants a few additional static pages up top, and I've always hard coded it in the past. Thank you, thank you! -B

Post by 2fmedia » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi I have installed the xml file using the VQMod Manager module, but there is no option in the Data tab of the information page to add the item to the main menu.

I am using OC 1.5.1.3 and have tried clearing the cache etc.

Any help would be appreciated

Post by marvmen21 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:53 am

2fmedia wrote:Hi I have installed the xml file using the VQMod Manager module, but there is no option in the Data tab of the information page to add the item to the main menu.

I am using OC 1.5.1.3 and have tried clearing the cache etc.

Any help would be appreciated
Did you renamed your admin folder to something else? If so, you need to edit the xml file.

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate

Post by AndyGaskell » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:10 am

This is a great mod, v handy, thanks r-win. I think I spotted a wee glitch in it though. Not intended as a criticism at all, but just to help anyone else who has the same problem. I'm using OC v1.5.1.2 by the way.

So, the issue I spotted is that when you set an info to show in the main menu, by ticking the "Show in main menu" box, and clicking "Save" it deletes any information modules you have. This is just due to a clash in the values used in the "settings" table, when it uses the "editSetting" function. So, in the code, when it does (on line 39, 59 and 74)...

Code: Select all

$this->model_setting_setting->editSetting('information', Array('infopage_menu' => $infopage_menu));
...it removes any settings you have for Information modules.

This is simple to resolve, by changing these lines too...

$this->model_setting_setting->editSetting('information_menu', Array('infopage_menu' => $infopage_menu));

I'm a web developer at http://www.ssofb.co.uk in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Got a random blog at http://www.andygaskell.blogspot.com/.

Location - Aberdeen UK

Post by wordpressdesignshop » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:25 am

I cannot get this to work even with the code changes. If I install it automatically adds items to top menu, even if they have no checks and if I try to update the page I get vqmod header already sent errors?

Post by jamesyzs » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:54 am

Can the information pages drop-down instead of wasting all the main menu space? Great mod by the way. Thanks.

Post by mrpoppin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:48 pm

wordpressdesignshop wrote:I cannot get this to work even with the code changes. If I install it automatically adds items to top menu, even if they have no checks and if I try to update the page I get vqmod header already sent errors?
Having the same issue, has this been addressed?

Post by traceywashere » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:23 am

also have 1.5.1.3 - installed vqmod module, and put up the xml .. but not seeing it as an option for info pages

added line to language file as well. still no workie :(

would really LOVE to use this mod!

Post by Lisaweb » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:57 pm

This worked perfectly for me - however, I did need to clear cache in order for it to appear. I also applied Andy's tweak below. Great vqmod!
AndyGaskell wrote:This is a great mod, v handy, thanks r-win. I think I spotted a wee glitch in it though. Not intended as a criticism at all, but just to help anyone else who has the same problem. I'm using OC v1.5.1.2 by the way.

So, the issue I spotted is that when you set an info to show in the main menu, by ticking the "Show in main menu" box, and clicking "Save" it deletes any information modules you have. This is just due to a clash in the values used in the "settings" table, when it uses the "editSetting" function. So, in the code, when it does (on line 39, 59 and 74)...

$this->model_setting_setting->editSetting('information', Array('infopage_menu' => $infopage_menu));
...it removes any settings you have for Information modules.

This is simple to resolve, by changing these lines too...

$this->model_setting_setting->editSetting('information_menu', Array('infopage_menu' => $infopage_menu));

Using OC v1.5.4.1 with Evisu Theme

Post by hai_kt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Very cool, but error bellow:

Notice: Undefined index: information_id in D:\www\sitename\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-admin_controller_catalog_information.php on line 401

How to fix it in OC 1.5.4.1. Thanks.

Post by Rockchic28 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:15 am

This is truly awesome - many thanks!!! ;D

Post by hfinlay10 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:42 pm

wordpressdesignshop wrote:I cannot get this to work even with the code changes. If I install it automatically adds items to top menu, even if they have no checks and if I try to update the page I get vqmod header already sent errors?
I'm getting similar behaviour in 1.5.2.1. Items automatically go to top menu (whether ticked or not). If I then untick it, I get the following error message:

Undefined index: infopage_menu in /home/{mydomain}/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_model_catalog_information.php on line 83

It would be nice to get this working, otherwise I guess the solution is to only have information pages that I want in the menu...

Location - Australia

Post by Lisaweb » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:55 pm

I rememeber having issues with it a while back, and tracked it down to an incompatible vqmod. Can't remember for sure, but I think it was one of the SEO page tweak mods.

Using OC v1.5.4.1 with Evisu Theme

Post by hfinlay10 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:39 am

Lisaweb wrote:I rememeber having issues with it a while back, and tracked it down to an incompatible vqmod. Can't remember for sure, but I think it was one of the SEO page tweak mods.
Hmm, that's interesting, I don't have nay SEO mods running, but will investigate further by disabling mods and see what happens.

EDIT: Disabled all mods but this one, and still the same result, so it's an incompatibility issue with 1.5.2.1 rather than with other vqmod extensions. Oh well...

Location - Australia