Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:29 am

This mod converts Cheque/Check payment module to Pay over the Phone payment module

Tested on 1.5.0 - 1.5.1.3

ImageImageImageImageImage

For Friendly Professional Support - Click Here

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by thrashin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:27 am

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for this fix - I have implemented, and it's working OK, except that any order I choose to "Pay by Phone" as payment menthod is setting the transaction status to "Canceled" in the first instance. I have told my client to just go in and reset it to "Pending" if they get a "Pay by Phone" order, but there' a potential for a customer to be confused by the status if they get to it before the business does. I have cehcked other payment methods, and the orders at set correctly to "Pending".

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Adam.

Post by uksitebuilder » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:38 am

Very strange, I will check it out.

Please advise your OC version.

Guru Member

Post by thrashin » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:10 am

Hi Simon,

As it turns out, there's no actual issue to resolve mate - it was in the config of the payment method... was set to initial status of "canceled". Changed it to "pending" and all's well.

Apologies - I tried to delete the post before it was seen, but you were too quick for me!

Cheers,

Adam.

Post by uksitebuilder » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi Adam,

No worries. Actually glad you made me look at it because for OC 1.5.1.3 there's a new parameter that pushes the payment details as a comment to the order so that the email the customer receives has a message on it telling them how to pay and what number to call.

Add my other vqmod mod for Admin HTML Email and the email to the customer is better laid out, plus admin get an exact copy of what the customer receives too instead of just the plain text notification of an order.

I have updated the Opening Post above with the updated vqmods.

No need to re-download if using OC version prior to 1.5.1.3

Guru Member

Post by thrashin » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:15 am

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for that! I have uploaded the updated mod, tested and given it the thumbs up! I tweaked it a little to refer to "Credit Card" and not just "Card", as my client can accept credit cards over phone, but not debit cards (need a PIN, etc).

Thanks again for this awesome freebie!

Cheers,

Adam.

Post by Shawcross » Fri May 04, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi, how do I use this file. sorry bit of a noob at this.

Post by thrashin » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi Simon,

I'm back (been a while!), and this time I need some help with a mod for a later version of OC. I am using v1.5.6.4, and would like to set up a Pay by Phone method. I would really appreciate you help in getting this working for the later version of OC.. I have tried the xml for v1.5.1.3, but it doesn't seem to be working in this later version.

Hope you're still out there and able to help me out!

Thanks mate,

Adam.