Post by fourgood » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:00 pm

how can i apply this to 1.4.9.1 ?

Post by OliGoesToWar » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Would love to have this for latest version!

Post by marcelwoo » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:50 pm

adriankoooo wrote:It is possible to send email with user info after checkout?
+1

"We help each other to grow". That's the opencart community!

All free mods
Home Based Ebay business Opportunity(not ads)

Post by fido-x » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:56 pm

Now updated for OpenCart 1.5.1.3.x -- see first post.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by OliGoesToWar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:36 am

Big Thanks for making this available for 1.5.1.3

Ollie

Post by Klimskady » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:58 am

As the newsletter option is set to disabled by default, is there a way of doing a link to the newsletter page being added to either the success page or if the Email to customer option is being considered as a link in that?

Thanks

Post by spitos » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Is there any way that a random password can be generated instead of using the first name of the customer to make it a bit more secure? If possible, a link to the forgotten password page could be added to the email too.

Great mod btw, thanks!

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK

Post by Klimskady » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:35 am

spitos wrote:Is there any way that a random password can be generated instead of using the first name of the customer to make it a bit more secure? If possible, a link to the forgotten password page could be added to the email too.
+1

Both ideas would make this already fantastic extension a must have addition.

Post by spitos » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:08 pm

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Many of our customers just use an initial for their firstname so the password is a single letter!
I've had a quick look at how the forgotten password section works but trying to incorporate it into this is a bit beyond me :-[

Google Analytics Expert - Advanced e-commerce tracking, Product & options reporting, transaction/conversion reporting, Google Adwords conversion & profit reporting, goal & funnel reporting, event tracking, site search tracking, multi-store compatibility, EU Cookie Law compliance and works with any theme or checkout! Easy vqmod install. Get it here

Location - UK

Post by strtfr » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:59 am

I am a bit confused by this mod. I expected the customer to be directly linked to the Step 2: Account & Billing Details. Instead I can select register and guest as usual (Step 1). Only when I select guest there is a account generated automatically. Is this correct behaviour? With this method the difference isn't that big and I cannot see why someone would select guest account. There is a use if register/guest selects are skipped (step 1) and a customer is always guest redirected to step 2 with auto generated pass? Am I right/wrong? :)

spitos wrote:Is there any way that a random password can be generated instead of using the first name of the customer to make it a bit more secure? If possible, a link to the forgotten password page could be added to the email too.

Great mod btw, thanks!
You should take a look into the VQMod file. If I am right you can set the password.

@ line 54: $customer_data['password'] = $data['firstname'];

Post by philbydevil » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:16 am

Some people are put off purchasing from online stores when they see "create account" or "register". So, we have guest checkout so that they can seemingly go through the ordering/payment process quicker/easier - which will hopefully increase conversions.

And this mod just automatically creates an account for the customer so that when they come back for another purchase they don't have to enter everything again.

I changed my "Guest Checkout" text to "Express Checkout" to entice the customer further.

I heart cmd-f, cmd-c, cmd-v, cmd-z + vQmod.
My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by strtfr » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:28 am

Yes, but then it would be 'better'(imho) just to hide and skip step one, create an auto account en email and show the credentials to the customer. Having the opportunity to choose between guest and register only confuses when an account is always created. There isn't much difference between the steps anyway. Just a password field.

Post by philbydevil » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:09 am

Actually, now I think about it, I actually did this on my 1.4.9 store.

When a customer wasn't logged in and the clicked on checkout, it took them directly to Guest Checkout Step 1. There was a note on there to log in if you already have an account, otherwise the customer just continued through guest checkout (renamed to express checkout) and then the account was automatically generated at the end.

There was still an option to Register Account if a non-logged in customer clicked on "Account".

I think this is the best way to do it too :D

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by spitos » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:23 pm

strtfr wrote:You should take a look into the VQMod file. If I am right you can set the password.

I changed this:

Code: Select all

$customer_data['password'] = $data['firstname'];
To this:

$customer_data['password'] = substr(md5(rand()), 0, 7);
and changed this:

$this->data['text_message'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_account'), $customer['email'], $customer['firstname'], $this->url->link('account/account', '', 'SSL'), $this->url->link('account/order', '', 'SSL'), $this->url->link('account/download', '', 'SSL'), $this->url->link('information/contact'));
to this:

$this->data['text_message'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_account'), $customer['email'], $customer['password'], $this->url->link('account/account', '', 'SSL'), $this->url->link('account/order', '', 'SSL'), $this->url->link('account/download', '', 'SSL'), $this->url->link('information/contact'));
But when the login details are shown on the success page, the password is the encrypted version and 33 characters long. I took the code from 'catalog/controller/account/forgotten.php' and it sends a decrypted password to your email when you use the forgotten link.

How does it decrypt the password that it displays in the email?

Location - UK

Post by strtfr » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:11 pm

philbydevil wrote:Actually, now I think about it, I actually did this on my 1.4.9 store.

When a customer wasn't logged in and the clicked on checkout, it took them directly to Guest Checkout Step 1. There was a note on there to log in if you already have an account, otherwise the customer just continued through guest checkout (renamed to express checkout) and then the account was automatically generated at the end.

There was still an option to Register Account if a non-logged in customer clicked on "Account".

I think this is the best way to do it too :D
Thank you for your support. I have to think about "the best" implementation for my use. Your options do give me some ideas. Thanks again. :)
spitos wrote:
strtfr wrote:You should take a look into the VQMod file. If I am right you can set the password.

I changed this:

$customer_data['password'] = $data['firstname'];
To this:

$customer_data['password'] = substr(md5(rand()), 0, 7);
and changed this:

$this->data['text_message'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_account'), $customer['email'], $customer['firstname'], $this->url->link('account/account', '', 'SSL'), $this->url->link('account/order', '', 'SSL'), $this->url->link('account/download', '', 'SSL'), $this->url->link('information/contact'));
to this:

$this->data['text_message'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_account'), $customer['email'], $customer['password'], $this->url->link('account/account', '', 'SSL'), $this->url->link('account/order', '', 'SSL'), $this->url->link('account/download', '', 'SSL'), $this->url->link('information/contact'));
But when the login details are shown on the success page, the password is the encrypted version and 33 characters long. I took the code from 'catalog/controller/account/forgotten.php' and it sends a decrypted password to your email when you use the forgotten link.

How does it decrypt the password that it displays in the email?
You should return the 'unhashed'/plain MD5 (substr(md5(rand()), 0, 7);) to the customer. You are now returning the hashed(substr(md5(rand()), 0, 7);) which is stored in DB (and probably more characters, don't know the function exactly). Passwords aren't stored as plain text in DB, but as hashed strings.

Post by spitos » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:15 pm

strtfr wrote:You should return the 'unhashed'/plain MD5 (substr(md5(rand()), 0, 7);) to the customer. You are now returning the hashed(substr(md5(rand()), 0, 7);) which is stored in DB (and probably more characters, don't know the function exactly). Passwords aren't stored as plain text in DB, but as hashed strings.
That is exactly what I had figured out and was asking with help on!

Location - UK

Post by Ozfarmer » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:51 am

I have enabled this in VQmod with 1.5.1.3 and tested. It doesn't do anything at all with my guest checkout. Guest checkout operates the same as normal. Could this be because I am running a custom theme? (mango) I examined the code but couldn't see anything that needed changing. Also its not creating any errors in Vqmod.

Location - Australia

Post by philbydevil » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:59 am

It's only at checkout success that you will see any changes. It should create an account and show the username and password.

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by philbydevil » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:10 am

I'm having a problem on 1.5.1.3 :- [SOLVED] - see end of post

When a customer already has an account, but they use guest checkout, at checkout success, the only text that is shown is the page title (ie. Your Order Has Been Processed!) along with the continue button (the page layout is all fine too).

It should be showing some more text (ie. the $_['text_account'] text from the xml file), including the username and password.

It's line 62 in the success controller (cache) having the issue:

$this->data['text_message'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_guest'), $this->url->link('information/contact'));
Error from log:

PHP Warning:  sprintf() [<a href='function.sprintf'>function.sprintf</a>]: Too few arguments in /home/hotston1/public_html/mysite.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_controller_checkout_success.php on line 62
I did change the $_['text_account'] to:

$_['text_account']  = '<p>Your order has been successfully processed!</p><p>An account has automatically been created. You may log in using the following details:&ndash;<br /><br /><span style="margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 15px;"><strong>Username:</strong> %s</span><br /><span style="margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 15px;"><strong>Password:</strong> %s</span></p><p>We strongly recommend that you <a href="index.php?route=account/login">Log In</a> now and change your password to prevent unauthorised access to your account.</p><p>You can view your order history by going to the <a href="%s">My Account</a> page and by clicking on <a href="%s">History</a>.</p><p>Please direct any questions you have to the <a href="%s">store owner</a>.</p><p>Thanks for shopping with us online!</p>';
Is it something to do with the links? I tried the unmodified xml but still had the same problem.

It's working correctly when a customer doesn't already have an account.

Anyone else having this problem?

[SOLVED]

I had also change the [text_guest] text in the success language file so that's why I was having problems with "Too few arguments". Removed the extra %s and all is good.

My favourite page...
v1.5.4.1

Post by strtfr » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:38 am

spitos wrote:
strtfr wrote:You should return the 'unhashed'/plain MD5 (substr(md5(rand()), 0, 7);) to the customer. You are now returning the hashed(substr(md5(rand()), 0, 7);) which is stored in DB (and probably more characters, don't know the function exactly). Passwords aren't stored as plain text in DB, but as hashed strings.
That is exactly what I had figured out and was asking with help on!
Apparently I only read your first sentence and started typing. I am sorry. Of course you need your pass to get to the output. No idea how to implement, I do not now how he checkout source works
philbydevil wrote:I'm having a problem on 1.5.1.3 :- [SOLVED] - see end of post

When a customer already has an account, but they use guest checkout, at checkout success, the only text that is shown is the page title (ie. Your Order Has Been Processed!) along with the continue button (the page layout is all fine too).
The success output (your username is .. pass is ..) when a user has an account but is not logged and uses the same email address as his account doesn't work also over here. 1.5.1.3

Did you test the situation in which a guest has an account, is nog logged but continues with the order through guest account with the same email address as his 'old' account? According to the topicstarter the password of the account linked to the used email address should get reset with a new pass. But this does not work also.

Also the last situation indicates a security risk. I can reset the password of another account by knowing the email address.

This auto account thing is getting kinda fuzzy.
Last edited by strtfr on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.