Post by fido-x » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:44 pm

This vQmod redirects all "unlogged" customers through the guest checkout, bypassing the login/register page, and will automatically create a customer account based on the information provided. The checkout success page will display a message informing the customer of their login and password details.

The order will appear in the newly created customer account under "History" on the account page.

If customer already has an account, but is not logged in, the customer will NOT be redirected to the login page, but will be allowed to continue through the "guest" checkout. However, a new password will be created for that account (can be reset through the customer's account page).

Updated to include the checkout link on the sitemap page.

Image
Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:09 am
Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by jty » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:56 pm

U Beauty !!! :yahoo:
I haven't fine tested it but a quick drop and play worked perfectly
Thank-you
:dance:

jty
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:19 am

Post by i2Paq » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:39 pm

AWSOME!

Just a short question, if a customer already has an account, the new order will be added to that account or will it be a guest-checkout order?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by fido-x » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:18 pm

i2Paq wrote:Just a short question, if a customer already has an account, the new order will be added to that account or will it be a guest-checkout order?
Short question - short answer: Yes.

If the customer already has an account, the order will be added to that account, providing they use the same email address. However, their password will be changed (new password being the customer's first name). If the customer uses a different email address, a new account will be created.

Image
Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:09 am
Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by i2Paq » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:57 pm

So basically you say that that the guest-checkout is account-create.

Looks like what PS has done with their latest release.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by fido-x » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:09 pm

i2Paq wrote:So basically you say that that the guest-checkout is account-create.
Yep. That's basically how it works. It uses the information gathered during the guest checkout procedure to create the account. It's pretty much the same information that you would provide to create an account anyway, the only differences being, you don't specify a password (it's created automatically) and there's no newsletter option (disabled by default).
Looks like what PS has done with their latest release.
Where'd they get that idea from? ;D

Image
Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:09 am
Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by Ion_Cannon » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:36 am

fido-x wrote:
i2Paq wrote:So basically you say that that the guest-checkout is account-create.
Yep. That's basically how it works. It uses the information gathered during the guest checkout procedure to create the account. It's pretty much the same information that you would provide to create an account anyway, the only differences being, you don't specify a password (it's created automatically) and there's no newsletter option (disabled by default).
Looks like what PS has done with their latest release.
Where'd they get that idea from? ;D

I wrote an Express checkout for Prestashop 1.2 that pretty much did that. Not sure if they used the model I implemented but I am pretty sure the idea came from there from what I hear. Basically I masked a guest checkout but it created an account on the back-end that the user could later activate as a full account if they wished. Considering it was downloaded over 5000 times, I am sure it was well known to the developers as well...

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewth ... t_v1_dot_0

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:11 am

Post by i2Paq » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:29 am

Ion_Cannon wrote:
fido-x wrote:
i2Paq wrote:So basically you say that that the guest-checkout is account-create.
Yep. That's basically how it works. It uses the information gathered during the guest checkout procedure to create the account. It's pretty much the same information that you would provide to create an account anyway, the only differences being, you don't specify a password (it's created automatically) and there's no newsletter option (disabled by default).
Looks like what PS has done with their latest release.
Where'd they get that idea from? ;D

I wrote an Express checkout for Prestashop 1.2 that pretty much did that. Not sure if they used the model I implemented but I am pretty sure the idea came from there from what I hear. Basically I masked a guest checkout but it created an account on the back-end that the user could later activate as a full account if they wished. Considering it was downloaded over 5000 times, I am sure it was well known to the developers as well...

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewth ... t_v1_dot_0
Yes, I remember your modification!
It was really HOT and a wanted must have for PS.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Ion_Cannon » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:20 am

i2Paq wrote: Yes, I remember your modification!
It was really HOT and a wanted must have for PS.
Yeah, I was surprised how many people liked it. All that matters is if it helped sales. If a mod to the checkout helps with conversions, I am all for it no matter what it is!! :laugh:

New member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:11 am

Post by fido-x » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:02 am

fido-x wrote:Where'd they get that idea from? ;D
I was being facetious with that comment.

OK. This has been updated to include the link to the checkout on the sitemap page.

See first post in this thread.

Image
Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:09 am
Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by i2Paq » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:55 pm

Will you be updating this mod for 1.5.x?

Could you add a modification to it so when a "real" customer registers they get send a e-mail with their user-name and password?
You know, what you created for me?

Thanks!

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by scanreg » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:16 pm

fido-x wrote:If customer already has an account, but is not logged in, the customer will NOT be redirected to the login page, but will be allowed to continue through the "guest" checkout. However, a new password will be created for that account (can be reset through the customer's account page).
How are existing customers informed that their password has been changed?

Thanks

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu May 06, 2010 12:15 am

Post by i2Paq » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:52 am

Will this be updated for use with 1.5.x?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by fido-x » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:35 am

Sorry I didn't reply to the last few posts, I haven't been getting emails when posts have been added to this thread.

Yes, I will be updating this for 1.5.x. Got a couple of other modules to update first.

Image
Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:09 am
Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by i2Paq » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:24 am

fido-x wrote:Sorry I didn't reply to the last few posts, I haven't been getting emails when posts have been added to this thread.

Yes, I will be updating this for 1.5.x. Got a couple of other modules to update first.
OK, that is great.

Thanks! :)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.


User avatar
Global Moderator

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:00 pm
Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Klimskady » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:47 am

Great news that this very useful vQmod will be updated, I shall keep checking back..

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:57 am

Post by jimquim » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:33 pm

ok i might sound dumb but i'm new to opencart and how would i install this? also is it compatible with 1.5.1.1?

thanks

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:13 am

jimquim wrote:ok i might sound dumb but i'm new to opencart and how would i install this? also is it compatible with 1.5.1.1?

thanks
no none of the 1.4.x modules are compatible with 1.5.x particularly something to doe with the checkout since it's completely revamped for 1.5.x

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter


Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:51 am
Location - FL US

Post by adriankoooo » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:43 am

It is possible to send email with user info after checkout?

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:52 am


Post by Ampeter » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:04 am

Any news on this mod being updated for 1.5? :)

User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:01 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 6 guests