Post by fsas » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi
I am hoping that somebody will help me. I downloaded vqmod-2.5.1-opencart.zip and unzipped it. According to the manual isntallation instructions

Code: Select all

How to install Manually (2.4.0+)

Download the latest version that has "opencart" in the title from
        http://code.google.com/p/vqmod 
    Using FTP, upload the "vqmod" folder from the zip to the root of your opencart store.
    Be sure the vqmod folder and the vqmod/vqcache folders are writable (either 755 or 777). 
I uploaded the unzipped vqmod folder to the root. Then I am supposed to make the folders vvqmod and vqcache writable. however, I do not have a vqcache folder. it is not present in the download and therefore also not in the vqmod folder on the server.
How do I solve this?
any help would be appreciated. i alredy installed opencart again. It is a fresh install, nothing changed.

gtanks, Anjo

Post by OSWorX » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Code: Select all

vqcache
is never included in the package.
Install VQMod and it will be built automatically.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by fsas » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:09 pm

I did install it. Successfully, according to the message I got in the browser. But still no vqcache folder. Also no log folder.
I deleted the entire cart, installed it fresh agein, ftp-ed vqmod again and installed it again via the browser. but no vqcache.
I am getting quite desperate. i do not know what I am doing wrong.

greetings, Anjo

Post by OSWorX » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Seems to be a problem with folder permissions.
../vqmod should have 0755 (on somer servers also 0750 is possible, 0777 also but should be used).
But you can create this folder manual and set correct permissions.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by fsas » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi

The permissions we correct. I checked that in the process of trying to find out what went wrong. But....

I installed everything again (as I did before) and now it is working properly. No clue what happened before since I followed the exact same path. But apparently that is not true, since now I do not have the problem anymore, so it is solved. Thanks for the reply, I really appreciated it!

greetings, Anjo