Post by AlphaState » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:58 am

I've bought a vQmod Extension & the documentation just reads:

1. Unzip.
2. Upload to Your server.
3. Go to Your administration Extensions -> Modules -> Photo Gallery :: Install.
4. Done.

I'm not sure which directory/folder I'd need to upload it to. (e.g. the root?)

I've asked in a comment but haven't had a reply.

I've attached a screenshot of the unzipped folder for reference.

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

vQmod-gallery.jpg

vQmod-gallery.jpg (26.48 KiB) Viewed 3742 times

Post by labeshops » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:16 am

In all extensions, you match the folder it is in.

Items in the admin folder you upload to your servers admin folder
Items in the catalog folder you upload to your servers catalog folder
Items in the vqmod folder you upload to your servers vqmod folder

The Upgrade text file you can ignore and don't upload as it is instructions meant for you and not for going onto the server.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Cue4cheap » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:19 am

You would upload it exactly as it looks.

Upload the files in the Admin folder in your store's admin folder
Upload the files in the catalog folder in your store's catalog folder
Upload the files in the vqmod folder in your store's vqmod folder

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Post by AlphaState » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:53 am

Looking in the Admin, catalogue & vqmod folders I can see there are subfolders that correspond to to subfolders in those folders on the server.

I assume I needed to add the files to the corresponding subfolders & have done so.

While I can see the photo gallery extension in the modules (& I've clicked install), unfortunately the front-end of the site (http://www.cricketcap.co.uk) isn't displaying now.

Previously I had a problem whereby having uploaded VQmod to the root folder, I was getting an error reporting Administrator index.php not writable when I http://cricketcap.co.uk/vqmod/install/

I reported that to my hosting company who replied with the following:

-------------------------------------------------- email starts

I have only uploaded the 'vqmod' folder in to the root of your OpenCart directory and accessed the URL http://site.co.uk/vqmod/install but at that time I got an error message says that "Administrator index.php not writeable". The index file must remain as 644. Any other setting will not work on our servers. So I have commented out the below lines in the index.php file and the URL http://site.co.uk/vqmod/install/ loading fine with a message says that "VQMOD ALREADY INSTALLED!".

=====================
if(!$opencart_path) die('COULD NOT DETERMINE CORRECT FILE PATH');

$write_errors = array();
if(!is_writeable($opencart_path . 'index.php')) {
$write_errors[] = 'index.php not writeable';
}
if(!is_writeable($opencart_path . $admin . '/index.php')) {
$write_errors[] = 'Administrator index.php not writeable';
}
=====================

You have to update the index.php files to work the VQmod properly. Please have a look at this with the help of a developer and he can assist you better on this.

-------------------------------------------------- email ends

They signposted me to the following page for the above:
http://ocextensions.ritey.com/how-to-install-vqmod

I checked the index.php file in the root & it already had suggested changes suggested in the link above in place. so I assumed the advise might have been for a manual install...

For what it's worth the link above suggested changes be made to the admin/index.php file - I don't know it's relevant but those didn't appear to have been applied to my admin/index.php file. (Again I don't know it's relevant but I had changed the name of the admin folder following Opencart security advice).

My index.php file in the root includes the following.

=====================

// VirtualQMOD
require_once('./vqmod/vqmod.php');
VQMod::bootup();

// VQMODDED Startup

require_once(VQMod::modCheck(DIR_SYSTEM . 'startup.php'));

// Application Classes

require_once(VQMod::modCheck(DIR_SYSTEM . 'library/customer.php'));

require_once(VQMod::modCheck(DIR_SYSTEM . 'library/affiliate.php'));

require_once(VQMod::modCheck(DIR_SYSTEM . 'library/currency.php'));

require_once(VQMod::modCheck(DIR_SYSTEM . 'library/tax.php'));

require_once(VQMod::modCheck(DIR_SYSTEM . 'library/weight.php'));

require_once(VQMod::modCheck(DIR_SYSTEM . 'library/length.php'));

require_once(VQMod::modCheck(DIR_SYSTEM . 'library/cart.php'));

=====================

My admin/index.php file includes the following.

=====================

// Startup

require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . 'startup.php');

// Application Classes

require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . 'library/currency.php');

require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . 'library/user.php');

require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . 'library/weight.php');

require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . 'library/length.php');

=====================

Again - any help greatly appreciated.

Post by Cue4cheap » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:58 am

You've overloaded with a bit of info that doesn't seem to be completely understandable to me but right off going to http://site.co.uk/vqmod/install/ I don't see VQMod installed at all.

Is that your site url or just an example?

Did you uninstall it?
Did you move it?
Is your store in the root or in a subfolder?

I would suggest you undo whatever changes you made (admin rename and whatever else) and get back to the core OpenCart install. THEN try and install VQMod and report back what error you get giving the version of Opencart and VQMod.

labeshops, Funny you replied before I could finish typing and didn't see your post - we posted almost the exact same thing.

Mike

Post by AlphaState » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:23 pm

Hi,

Sorry the 'your site' url was just an example.

http://cricketcap.co.uk/vqmod/install/ reports 'VQMOD ALREADY INSTALLED'

The versions are:
Open cart is Version 1.5.6.1
vqmod-2.4.1-opencart

I also renamed the admin area back to /admin

Any further help appreciated.

Post by labeshops » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Cue4cheap wrote: labeshops, Funny you replied before I could finish typing and didn't see your post - we posted almost the exact same thing.

Mike
Lol, Yeah I noticed that. Great minds.... :)

Lori

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Cue4cheap » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:45 pm

AlphaState wrote:Hi,

Sorry the 'your site' url was just an example.

http://cricketcap.co.uk/vqmod/install/ reports 'VQMOD ALREADY INSTALLED'

The versions are:
Open cart is Version 1.5.6.1
vqmod-2.4.1-opencart

I also renamed the admin area back to /admin

Any further help appreciated.
Ok. Now the question is are you getting any errors in your server logs, VQmod and/or admin logs?

I would suggest removing the VQMod file in the Vqmod/xml folder on your website for this extension and see if the front of of your store comes back.

If not, I would suggest removing the files that the extension had you put in place AND checking to see if it might have overwritten one that it shouldn't.

You should also make sure you are using the version of the extension for your version of OpenCart.

Mainly this also... After those checks I would then get with who you purchased it from and tell them the problem. They might/should be able to help.

Mike

Post by AlphaState » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:58 am

Thanks.

I've asked the host company about any errors & emailed the author of the extension directly now.

For what it's worth it's when when I upload the photogallery xml file to the xml folder that it causes the front end of my website http://cricketcap.co.uk/ not to display (no source code).

(The only other file in the xml folder is ‘vqmod_opencart.xml’)

I'll see if I get anything back.

Thanks again.

Post by AlphaState » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:19 pm

The hosting company has signposted me to this error:

[14-Jun-2014 18:47:42 Europe/London] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/cricketc/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_view_theme_beautyshop_template_common_header.tpl on line 690

(In a separate line of enquirery I'm trying to establish if before installing VQmod the pathreplaces.php file that comes with vqmod had been edited to tell it the new name of your admin file that was in place. )

Any feedback on the error above appreciated.

Thaanks

Post by OSWorX » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:09 pm

AlphaState wrote:The hosting company has signposted me to this error:

[14-Jun-2014 18:47:42 Europe/London] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/cricketc/public_html/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_view_theme_beautyshop_template_common_header.tpl on line 690

(In a separate line of enquirery I'm trying to establish if before installing VQmod the pathreplaces.php file that comes with vqmod had been edited to tell it the new name of your admin file that was in place. )

Any feedback on the error above appreciated.

Thaanks
Following this discussion since the beginning, I am not sure what's your intention.
Started with the question ' .. where do I have to upload all these files .. ' until the latest 'error' which should be also visible in your already existing error.log which is standard of OpenCart (enabling the debug into file required - see system settings > Server).

The latest 'error' indicates that the .xml-file of this modification does not work correct - maybe you are using a custom template and this mod is made for the standard template only?
Best would be to contact the author of this modification and speak with him directly instead posting here useless messages.

Custom Development | Individuelle Entwicklung | Support & Bugfixes

Image Image Image

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by AlphaState » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:13 am

Following this discussion since the beginning, I am not sure what's your intention.
Having followed the helpful advice received on the original subject of the post, but experienced the ‘problem’ described, I have gone on to provide additional background information that might help identify the cause of the ‘problem’.

I understand this has caused the post to depart from the focus of the original subject for which I apologise & appreciate this isn't ideal.

As such I think it would be best to troubleshoot the ‘problem’ in a new post specific to the problem, if required.

In the meantime thanks for the latest feedback on the 'latest 'error', which could well be very useful. I will be sure to signpost that as a possible line of inquiry to the author of the extension, who I emailed yesterday but from who I’m still waiting for a response .

Thanks again for all the help. :)