Post by wrinkledm » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:47 am

Ok,

Having read the majority of the installation error problems are associated with file permissions, I uploaded the vqmod folder (latest version into opencart 1.5.6) and changed my index.php files in store root and admin to 777. I also changed the admin folder to 777. When I run the install it get an error processing this directive error on the vqmod installation. Is there something else I'm forgetting to do?

Thanks

David

Post by butte » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:06 am

If you are Stateside, then set directories to 755 and files to 644. The 777 is a security risk, is disfavored, and when set it tends via the ownership attribute to gum up how things work. In Europe some servers still work with 777. Each 7 means read-write-execute; 1st is owner/root, 2nd is group including system and Apache, 3rd is world including everybody including hackers. Hackers like sevens, which are nowadays disfavored. There was a time when 777 was just how things were done; on modernized servers, not any more.

Guru Member

Post by wrinkledm » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:37 am

I understand, but with either setting VQmod did not install and gave the same error. I set everything back to 644 when the installation failed. I should have mentioned that.

D