Post by OC2PS » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:38 am

Daniel,

Any thoughts on this: http://www.jfusion.org/

Here's the spin from their site:
  • JFusion has the most features and will always be free.
  • Other bridges lack essential features, for instance some do not even have a usersync function, does not work with converted boards, and can not handle user conflicts or update activation status between softwares.
  • To really give the feeling of complete integration between Joomla and your other softwares to your users, Dual login allows them to seamlessly login to all of your enabled softwares with one username, one password and one click.
  • The JFusion framework is 60 kb and about 5-20kb is loaded for each enabled JFusion plugin. The amount of SQL queries is increased by 6 for the average setup. Joomla by default loads 30+ queries and 6 Mb of code.

OC2PS
OC 2.3.0.2, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal2 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by OC2PS » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:08 am

For someone like me, who runs several OpenSource software to sustain a tiny business, it is critical that customers need to register only once. And once they log in to one software, they can traverse seamlessly through the whole domain....

From this perspective, I find http://www.jfusion.org/ very promising. They are OpenSource, and they are already integrated with most forum/bb software - phpbb, mybb, vbulletin, simple machines, etc (I use simple machines).

They are also integrated with Magento, by the way. Say what you want about Magento, this integration is a coup for them. We at OpenCart need to be able to find a way that levels us with them on this particular aspect...because on pretty much everything else, we beat them hands down...sames goes for osCommerce, with whom JFusion is integrated as well...

JFusion are also in the process of integrating with Gallery 3 - the best OpenSource Photogallery software that I have discovered.

With this in mind, I appeal to anyone and everyone who is capable, to see whether there are ways of integrating to Joomla via JFusion. Thanks!

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by OC2PS » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Here's the API if anyone is interested: http://api.jfusion.org/

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by simple_one » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:56 am

How we getting on with this , was just thinking today that it would be good to have a simple link and/or icon in the Administrator Panel of Joomla combined with an autologin integration between joomla and OC this would be the go.

:clown:

Nz Shipping problems maybe resolved here.

Post by OC2PS » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:51 am

In addition to Magento, now Prestashop is integrated with Joomla via JFusion.

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by simple_one » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:29 am

at this point in time I am running OCart as a totally separate system, including db.

then from the Joomla website I will call the cart when needed via onclick (images)

on another setup I am using the Hikastore which seems to be not to bad. with Excellent Support.

Post by Qphoria » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:31 am

lol JooCart just sounds wrong... JewCart

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by simple_one » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:31 pm

yeah it's the fact that they try to milk you for every site and ongoing subscriptions etc which put me off , as well as the ioncube crap (that totally put me off).

I guess they still get the odd customer though.

Post by OC2PS » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:38 pm

Qphoria wrote:JooCart just sounds wrong... JewCart
Did you forget to have your orange juice ;) today? :joker: :laugh:

OC2PS

Location - Hungary

Post by mzep » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Yes ... JooCart is definitely the wrong name for Westerners ... try JoomCart for starters. Is there a full-fledged demo showing the integration? Also, is anyone using Joo[m]Cart for multi-stores? If so - can users, inventory items, etc be controlled at the Joomla sites? Would love to see live sites using it!
Cheers :)

Post by Affableaardvark » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:38 pm

I can recommend Joocart. All up and running here http://www.merlin-industrial.co.uk/
I copied the database from my opencart shop 1.4.9.2 across and with some excellent feedback from the developer had the store working over the weekend.
The only other one I could find is no longer supported and there was no reply from an e-mail I sent.

Post by matthewschenker » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:22 am

Hello,
I read this discussion with great interest! As someone who is dedicated to Joomla, but needs e-commerce solutions, I am regularly frustrated by the lack of good options.

In my research, there is no doubt that OpenCart stands above all other e-commerce options. But I need to get it into Joomla somehow!

I've been communicating with the JooCart (yes, terrible name) developers, trying to understand how it works. From their demo, I can't tell whether it needs a separate installation of OpenCart on my server, or if it somehow installs OpenCart functionality from within Joomla. And I have other concerns as well, starting with the use of IonCube.

I'd be really interested in hearing from other people who have used JooCart, or any other way of linking Joomla and OpenCart!

Thanks,
Matthew

Post by mhoq » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:35 pm

matthewschenker wrote:Hello,
I read this discussion with great interest! As someone who is dedicated to Joomla, but needs e-commerce solutions, I am regularly frustrated by the lack of good options.

In my research, there is no doubt that OpenCart stands above all other e-commerce options. But I need to get it into Joomla somehow!

I've been communicating with the JooCart (yes, terrible name) developers, trying to understand how it works. From their demo, I can't tell whether it needs a separate installation of OpenCart on my server, or if it somehow installs OpenCart functionality from within Joomla. And I have other concerns as well, starting with the use of IonCube.

I'd be really interested in hearing from other people who have used JooCart, or any other way of linking Joomla and OpenCart!

Thanks,
Matthew
No need separate installation of opencart in your server.JooCart's single click installation includes all.Now no need ionCube also.
http://www.soft-php.com/joomla-shopping ... ystem.html

Post by sniecik » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi
Is there anyone who have joocart and would like to share with that component for free?

Post by matthewschenker » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:45 am

Hello Everyone,
I've continued my search for an e-commerce solution in Joomla, and keep coming up empty! OpenCart continues to be better than anything else.

But I'm stuck in the middle: OpenCart is the best e-commerce system; Joomla is my favorite CMS.

Still looking for ways to combine them properly. Anything new on this?

Thanks,
Matthew

Post by cuongvt » Tue May 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi all, I want to use opencart technical to build an other script. I allowed?

Post by matthewschenker » Tue May 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Hello,
Doesn't look like OPenCart will be easily usable in Joomla anytime soon!'

I understand that OpenCart designers are proud of their application. Many times, I almost decided to jump ship and using OpenCart instead of Joomla for some projects. But the CMS elements of Joomla are essential to me.

Still hoping for a solution!

Thanks,
Matthew

Post by scanreg » Tue May 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Unless you need all the community features of joomla, why add the complexity? If you have all the different systems working, it's a lot of upkeep. Instead, OC is moving along at a very fast pace with all the free and commercial mods.

Post by matthewschenker » Tue May 17, 2011 9:59 pm

scanreg wrote:Unless you need all the community features of joomla, why add the complexity? If you have all the different systems working, it's a lot of upkeep. Instead, OC is moving along at a very fast pace with all the free and commercial mods.
I'm extremely impressed with OpenCart, especially the features in the new RC. In fact, I've posted extensive discussions about e-commerce in the Joomla forums, and every time I make a point of saying that OpenCart is the best e-commerce system (foe example -- http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p ... 0#p2503640).

At the moment, Joomla is not a complete e-commerce platform, and OpenCart is not a complete CMS. I stick with Joomla is because I need advanced user controls, and I need to build forms that collect visitor information. I also often need to create "articles" (pages) with unique layouts built from member form submissions.

That's why I often wish I could have the CMS capabilities of Joomla with the e-commerce capabilities of OpenCart.

Thanks,
Matthew

Post by mhoq » Mon May 23, 2011 10:49 am

To get all the features of OpenCart in Joomla,u can use JooCart
JooCart is released for OpenCart 1.4.9.5
Integrated with joomla search plugin,user plugin(single login),no ioncube needed,features of OpenCart,opencart modules as joomla modules.

i.e. Best eCommerce in best CMS.