Post by nsuod2006 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:38 am

Any good coders out there want an easy paid project, please pm me. I have a wordpress site that I have been trying to integrate an opencart store into via iframe and it is not doing everything I need so I need to have someone theme my header and footer to look like my wordpress site.

Thank you!

Post by nsuod2006 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Just as a follow up, I was able to get my site done and have a seamless integration by making custom headers and footers that matched my wordpress site. See my site here Http://www.eyewarmers.com. Good luck all.

Post by fourgood » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:28 pm

But how can i access the variables from open cart. for example the language substitutes

Code: Select all

<?php echo $text_login; ?>

Post by bwoose » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:19 am

Hi.

Looked at your Eye Warmer's site and it looks like you've cracked it.

How did you do it?

Cheers, Bruce.

Post by Shogun » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:03 pm

bwoose wrote:Hi.

Looked at your Eye Warmer's site and it looks like you've cracked it.

How did you do it?

Cheers, Bruce.
I've done the same as Eye Warmer's on my site (www.creative-studios.co.uk & www.creative-studios.co.uk/shop/) it's a WordPress blog that i created and basically transfered the theme from there over to OpenCart bit by bit to make them look exactly the same (minus a few changes for OpenCart)

It's really not that hard, i've not coded in a few years but i picked HTML and CSS up again very quickly. If that's how you'r wanting to do it then just do you'r research and delve into the code.

Don't try it on a live blog or shop though! Use a fresh install of each to modify so you don't interupt your running sites and loose custom! Simples :)

Post by derekshirk » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:34 am

@moyger

Did you (or anyone else figure this out)? I have an install of OpenCart in my /root directory and my WordPress install in a directory /blog within the root.

I am more concerned with outputting the OpenCart category navigation into my wordpress header. Can anyone help out or make suggestions?

Post by alixolson » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Power Popup Plugin is the Most Critical and Ultimate Tool for the promotion of Your Website! Install the new plugin to double your conversion and triple your subscriber at your website.
.....>>>>>>>>>>Exit Popup plugin
Last edited by alixolson on Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

popup plugin

Post by readyman » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:30 am

I'm working on an integration of Wordpress into Opencart. As a phase one it will have the following Wordpress information made available to any block module.
* Latest Posts - Just lists the latest posts from Wordpress. Configure number of posts and rss links
* Posts in a specified category - Will allow you to create a list of posts from a specific category
* List of Post categories in a block -
* Output any wordpress menu in a block (I'll create instructions on making this your main navigation to create a common menu between Wordpress & Opencart)
* Output your wordpress bookmarks/links in a block
* Output the wordpress archives in a block
* Output the wordpress calendar in a block
* Output the wordpress search box in a block
... pretty much it for the moment. Not too sure about login integrations at present.

Benefits for end users
* I'm not going to use iframes for any of this - so it's not going to feel like a hacked up solution with layout issues.
* You won't need to update your template on Opencart, because you are just retrieving data. Views files will be provided in the default template - so they will be easily customizable to your own theme. You'll need to grab your theme and convert it to Wordpress if you want them to look the same, which is very simple to do (I'll even provide a service for this if required)
* It will be easy to connect to wordpress via a path configuration in the admin rather than entering database details and trying to connect.

Wish me luck - I'm halfway through and it's connecting, retrieving & working well.

http://www.alreadymade.com
Follow me on twitter.com/alreadymade

Global Moderator

Location - Sydney

Post by readyman » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:22 pm

The above has been completed. This module will allow you to get your Wordpress information & output it into an Opencart block via the modules functionality. It connects directly to Wordpress - not iframes or RSS.
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC

http://www.alreadymade.com
Follow me on twitter.com/alreadymade

Global Moderator

Location - Sydney

Post by viviansank » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:58 am

already have a wordpress plugin or module for OpenCart?
update for everyone.

Post by AliceH » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:08 am

I would really like to integrate users from opencart to wordpress. Has anyone done this?

https://www.embroidery-allsorts.com/

Location - Australia

Post by Rosettes » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:22 am

3rdcorner wrote: For the above examples live check out: http://www.knockoutathletics.com

I also made a one page checkout for that site.

What I'm trying to do now with a different site is kind of opposite. I'd like to include the Wordpress libraries into OpenCart so I don't have to go thru the trouble of modifying a lot when I convert the OpenCart theme to the site's Wordpress theme.
I must say this thread is awesome, I haven't tried anything out yet as I need to concentrate before I attempt your suggestions in the thread, good stuff everyone though.

Back to why I am here. I LOVE your rotating tags... How did you do those?

Also I need to add XML access for people to upload onto my wordpress site could anyone suggest coding for that?

Thanks in advance!

Post by viviansank » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:25 am

also extension for wordpress 3.4 ?

Post by Concept211 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Can someone please provide some sample code on how to display the number of products and currency total currently in your shopping cart outside of the OpenCart directory/site? I've seen it done on www.poketo.com and I've tried contacting the developer but she is not responding back. Any help is greatly appreciated...thanks!

Post by mminten » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:09 pm

xds wrote:

Code: Select all

require_once('../development/oc/config.php');
    require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . 'engine/registry.php');
    require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . 'library/session.php');
    require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . 'library/request.php');
    require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . 'library/db.php');
    require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . 'library/customer.php');

// Registry
    $registry = new Registry();

// Session
    $session = new Session();
    $registry->set('session', $session);

// Request
    $request = new Request();
    $registry->set('request', $request);

// Database
    $db = new DB(DB_DRIVER, DB_HOSTNAME, DB_USERNAME, DB_PASSWORD, DB_DATABASE);
    $registry->set('db', $db);

$customer = new Customer($registry);
    $logged = $customer->isLogged();
I have tried to put this in my WP header.php at the very top but it just breaks. I can get the first set of commands to work (i think, I had to hardcode the entire URL instead of using DIR_SYSTEM) but once I get to the //Registry to the bottom it just comes up with a blank page. Any suggestions? I am using WP 3.5 and OC 1.5.4

Post by mminten » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:52 am

I am trying to combine WP and OC. I have WP in the root directory and OC in root/products.

I would like to use some WP functions to help skin the OC page identical to the WP page. Is there a way to reference these functions in OC from the subdirectory?

Post by timparnell » Tue May 21, 2013 10:33 pm

Hi Just trying to bump this thread and see if anyone has made progress on this topic.
I have tried everything in this thread. I have OpenCart at root and WP in /blog.
I managed to get past the $this problem, but now have conflicting databases - they are 2 separate DBs on the same server.

I'm getting this
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'xxxxxxx'@'xxxxxxx' in /homepages/xxxx/xxxxxxx/htdocs/system/database/mysql.php on line 6

Warning: mysql_close(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in `xxxxxxxxxxxx/system/database/mysql.php on line 67

I am assuming this is because the DB constant is trying the OC database info to get some WP database access.
Would this be as simple as renaming the DB constant for OC???

I know I can skin WP to match the header - but I'd need to put the top nav bar into WP somehow?
Any help appreciated and I'm happy to share any thing I discover.

tim@pointreddesign.co.uk | http://www.pointreddesign.co.uk

Location - Norwich, Norfolk, UK

Post by mhoq » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:56 pm

WooCart the new WordPress shopping Cart.It integrates OpenCart + WorPress,Details here http://www.soft-php.com/wordpress-shopping-cart.html

Post by s3d » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi All

Ive just finished an integration.

I wasnt over the moon with the example above, mainly as due to various changes with VQ Mod it no longer works! Also there were plenty of other issues, and I needed a little more.

My integration can cope with:

- Shopping cart drop down (on many themes) to show items
- SEO Links (yes, its in there!)
- Navigations which have categories and brands in them

Also it works the other way, so you can have wordpress posts in operncart pages! Nice.

I might be tempted to release it, if people are interested (probably a pay module, as the support take time!) but relly just seeing if there is demand.

Ill post a link to the site once it has launched, or if I forget, please feel free to email me on matt@s3d.co.uk

BTW - No core files are over written. The only minor one is one line added to the wordpress index.php (which has not changed in years, so not sure if it is classed as core!)

Developed on 1.5.x but I do not see a reason why this would break on older and (hopefully) newer versions

Matt

http://www.senses.co.uk
Senses Web Soltuions

Latest Releases:
http://www.personalisedcanvas.com/
http://www.stampedelytham.co.uk/

s3d

Location - UK Midlands and North West

Post by m0b1us » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi
i'm looking for this solution for wordpress able to create user in opencart. how am i able to do that?
thanks